( search forums )
Me making sweet game :P
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
peemonkey
October 5, 2004, 4:19 am
yesterday i got bored so decided to make a sequal to one of my Gamemaker games, since the new version came out. this one is
"Jihad II", where you control one of those contract soldiers and have several missions to do. i've already got 13 guns done(but i cant get different sounds to work yet), 5 (maybe 6) missions, a few concepts and 1/2 of a map done. GML is kinda retarded sometimes, but i hope to get it out before Nov. 2nd, cuz the end mission will be hella cool ;P

anyone want extra info, can help with coding/making sprites, etc: gimmie a holler via PM,MSN, ir just post here.

pwnt
(all the paranthesis' and commas are making me crazy...damn coding)

Captain RibMan
October 5, 2004, 5:24 am
does it have dancing monkeys?

Social Poison
October 5, 2004, 5:34 am
no but they DO spell barrett right

peemonkey
October 5, 2004, 6:03 am
i decided against an M82A1, cuz there'd be misspelling >_>
the sniper rifle is something i've actually fired, a SIG SAUER SSG 6000. i also got:
RPK-74
Desert Eagle
Raging Bull
FNP-9
Cx4 Storm
Mac10
RPG-7
M96
M4\.203 Grenade
and finally, my fav, cuz i own one, a Ontario USMC Official Issue Bayonet.
pwnt.

peemonkey
October 5, 2004, 8:11 am
i wish M were still active, i could use his help on this one :/

Captain RibMan
October 5, 2004, 8:29 am
quote:i wish M were still active
i never thought i would evAr hear someone say that

Toumaz
October 5, 2004, 5:04 pm
I could help you... but I'm not online often.

Famine
October 5, 2004, 7:39 pm
hmm, I could help with sprites....maybe

BManx2000
October 5, 2004, 7:44 pm
Bah, it looks like most/all of the new stuff in game maker 6 is registered only :(

BManx2000
October 5, 2004, 10:53 pm
Oh, and I could help making sprites too. I would also say I coulld help with coding, but you know more than me :P

This is not a double post.

peemonkey
October 6, 2004, 3:33 am
well for spriting, i need some good tiles. if anyone could come up with a rather large tileset or 3, mainly something to do with oil, the desert and Iraq, then i'd greatly appreciate it and hook em up with creds. i think i'll keep the coding to really simple crap, which im good at. but if you're REALLY good, i need help with laser pointers :P

Alamo
October 6, 2004, 1:54 pm
shcreenshotsh!

peemonkey
October 6, 2004, 8:22 pm
well im not sure im going with the room im using to test everything out, so it'd be pointless. i havent even redone the 'gostek' of the little dude. there's still quite a bit of stuff to do before i can even post screenies :P i shouldntve made topic....wait, nevermind, cuz i need helps.

someone make me a 30 to 37 pixel tall iraqi militia guy, an american soldier, and george bush ;P

damnnation
October 6, 2004, 8:50 pm
to Famine: PLZ shange the background of youre siggy cuz it looks verry ugly like that...

BManx2000
October 6, 2004, 10:46 pm
I think I can help with the laser pointer (I'm assuming you mean a red line coming out from the gun). I'm experimenting with one way right now, and I'm fairly sure there is another way that will also work. The 2 ways are different, though: in the first one, the laser is constantly pointing to the guy, but it stops when it hits something. In the second, the laser is only on when there is line-of-sight on the guy. I'll post an example file once I'm done.

peemonkey
October 6, 2004, 11:14 pm
ok. i definatly want it to stop when it hits something, and make a little red glow that i'll put in when finished. thanks bman. :D

BManx2000
October 7, 2004, 12:48 am
Bah, it seems this is harder than I thought. Currently, the best method I've come up with will put the line directly on the object when it's in direct line of sight, but when it's obscured by a wall it snaps to the origin of the wall object. It's still better than nothing, though.

peemonkey
October 7, 2004, 1:11 am
ill see if M has any insight ([:-censored] you if you dont agree with my methods, M's a cool fella)

Famine
October 7, 2004, 2:17 am
Wow damnation...thank you for your useful post in this topic entitled "Ugly sigs"

peemonkey
October 7, 2004, 2:19 am
and yours, talking about his. stfu or bring it into the bashpiut. this topic is serious.

i'm thinking i might actually redo the whole coding thing in a new way since GM6 came out, there's a neat little way to do everything different, and i might be able to make a laser....we'll see

Toumaz
October 7, 2004, 11:19 am
I got an idea how to do the laser thing... I'll try it at home first.

JuiceBox
October 7, 2004, 11:45 am
lets see some screens.

quote:Originally posted by Famine
Wow damnation...thank you for your useful post in this topic entitled "Ugly sigs"

Your avatar is pretty gay dude, just a heads up.

Inquisitor
October 7, 2004, 8:44 pm
fAck gm. noone will ever pay the 15 bucks, and the - is not working anymore. hell [:-censored] !!!!

peemonkey
October 7, 2004, 9:47 pm
...right.
i got M to help me with a laser pointer. it's not exactly what i wanted but it's good nonetheless.
screenshots'd be pointless. im doing a total graphics makeover, might even redo a whole bunch of it.

think of this topic more as a "help peemonkey with a game that'll come out eventually" thread.

BManx2000
October 7, 2004, 10:48 pm
Rofl @ sig.
Anyway, what exactly was his method? I might be able to improve it or make a different one, or it could just be better than mine :P

peemonkey
October 7, 2004, 11:09 pm
a line from person to cursor. i actually like how it is now. if it WERE possible to make it eactly how i want it, then that'd be thuper. what i need now is to go through all these lib's i dleded and see which are best for this...hehe

BManx2000
October 8, 2004, 1:29 am
Well yeah, a line to the cursor is easy, it's making the line stop when it hits something that's hard :P