( search forums )
Locking teams... "/lockteam"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CbbLe
October 6, 2004, 5:55 pm
It would be nice if it was possible to lock the current teams.

explanation:
today there were 4 of my clan-members playing in a server(with 10 slots). We wanted to do 4vs6 but people kept joining our team constantly anyway.
That's why i'm requesting the command /lockteam which make it able to lock the current team-status so nobody else can join that particular team. If one player leaves in this locked team then it would be possible for someone to join that team but not otherwise. Those who joins the server should see a little lock between the teams color when they are about to choose one. If both teams are locked they automatically come into spectator mode or put in a wait-list.

This is also good to prevent others from joining in the middle of a clanwar.

the command would be something like "/lockteam 1" for red and "/lockteam 2" for blue.

..implement this, or get barretarded, michal!

what do you think?[;)]

n00bface
October 6, 2004, 6:23 pm
*concurrence*

ThaD
October 6, 2004, 7:36 pm
nice idea, better than most of suggestions out there anyway

edit: w00t im colonel, gah

Jaz
October 6, 2004, 8:33 pm
Nice idea.

Spectral
October 7, 2004, 3:20 am
simple and lovely

Pulp
October 7, 2004, 12:45 pm
If we regularly post in this thread there maybe might even be a chance Michal actually would read this one.

Nice suggestion.

DT
October 7, 2004, 3:21 pm
ads only then

Jap_man
October 8, 2004, 8:51 am
great idea ;D

3rd_account
October 8, 2004, 9:01 am
Fantastic! I'd kill for it!

My clan tried to play aginst public, but moroonic folk's keept joining our team, so I had to use the /setteam x x every minute.

KeFear
October 8, 2004, 11:43 am
Same here, we wanted to play against the public, but they kept joining our team.. annoying :)

Bugs Revenge
October 8, 2004, 12:04 pm
Nice idea but do u think so much ppl use it? hmm i doubt on it. besides.. what's about if a player gets disconnect on a cw? so all that "list" would join before him coming back.
teh implementation of that command shouldn't be that hard so yeah.. that's recommanded to make one.

rain_fin
October 8, 2004, 12:47 pm
You Idiot use Search some times.

KnOt
October 8, 2004, 1:15 pm
I like it, and I'd use it.. I mean, think about it, this good be used in TM games too, if you wanted to lock 2 of the teams for example.. I like I like I like!

Avskum
October 9, 2004, 5:38 am
quote:what's about if a player gets disconnect on a cw? so all that "list" would join before him coming back.
lets forget the list! besides from that all is nice and good.

CbbLe
October 9, 2004, 1:15 pm
"what's about if a player gets disconnect on a cw? so all that "list" would join before him coming back."

then you simply kick/votekick/whine at the guy who joined :)

Alamo
October 9, 2004, 1:34 pm
I would rather like a ratio to be set like
/teamratio 4:6:0:0

So the ratio is always the same and ppl coul still join I hope you know what i mean.
If theres 2 ppl in red there could be 3 in blue and none in green and yellow.
If theres 1 person in red there could be 1,5 ppl in blue, that's rounded and you have 2 ppl.
It's a bit complicated but much more versatile.

SERIAL KILLeR
October 9, 2004, 2:31 pm
nice idea!
And there should be an GUI for admins playing soldat.

Freakman
October 9, 2004, 3:10 pm
in clan games it could be helpful and comfortable...yeah :P

Yakirx
October 9, 2004, 11:57 pm
That commend can be usefull in cw as you said CbbLe(x[)..
But if you lock your team and probebly you will have /unlock and you wont unlock red team..
Then the server will have only 1 team you can join to..
So i thinking about auto /unlock if you know what i mean like if all red team leaves its will
auto unlock the team..

*Just thinking ahead*