( search forums )
inf_overlord (preview screens)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
liquidis x snake
October 7, 2004, 1:17 am
After seeing wave after wave of crappy D-Day / Normandy maps, I'm deciding to take a stand.

In that, I will attempt to create the most realistic, the best looking, best playing D-Day map ever created in soldat.

0 points for originality.

Someone made a really good map of it (Darac) but I personally didn't think it captured the feeling of Normandy.

I'll take a slight note from my Stalingrad map, which I think is extremely immersive.

I know you're tired of them, but I've always wanted to do one. Might as well be now. Who knows, this may be my last map ever?

--edit--
Here's some screens on the progress of the map. This is only like half of the map.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

peemonkey
October 7, 2004, 1:23 am
well if it is, DO NOT make CRAPPY scenery like that of Stalingrad. im not dising you, it's a good map, but the scenery was horrible. this time, if you use custom scenery, PLEASE try to make it blend with the map. i just, blahg! at the other scenery....sorry :(

*still friends? :/*

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 7, 2004, 1:31 am
If you make the map, contact me, I can waypoint it for you, and maybe also release a single player version too...

Weed
October 7, 2004, 2:20 am
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
Who knows, this may be my last map ever?

maybe make it your last post too?

Pulp
October 7, 2004, 1:12 pm
Well, let that be the last & best D-day-map ever.

And, before i forget, played a few other Normandy-maps : palm trees DON'T grow in northern France.

Please, use all your capacities to impress us, liquidis x snake.

Toumaz
October 7, 2004, 1:24 pm
I've played inf_Normandie1944... it was teh worst map I've played for that month.

Well, good luck LxS! Hope it turns out great.

KnOt
October 7, 2004, 6:02 pm
..Yarr, and hurry the feck up too!

Deleted User
October 7, 2004, 8:21 pm
The last good mappers who decided to make a stand and create the best normandy maps were Darac and Enjoy - Daracs tried to capture too many elements of the D-Day landings and made it too varied, and Enjoys was just...it didn't resemble the landings properly.

Third time lucky, make it brilliant LxS.

Deleted User
October 7, 2004, 8:46 pm
the other D-Day maps wherent that good
i hope you can make a nice one =)

liquidis x snake
October 8, 2004, 2:24 am
Updated progress w/ pictures.

That's only about half of the length of the final.

Marbire
October 8, 2004, 2:28 am
LXS is the head cheese.

grand_diablo
October 8, 2004, 9:28 am
yay, looks nice!