( search forums )
"inside" walls
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KeFear
October 7, 2004, 3:52 pm
The idea is simple: you can only see what's inside a building when you walk in (the poligon becomes invisible when you walk "in" it)

So houses could be created (for city maps, and such)

peemonkey
October 7, 2004, 9:57 pm
and how would this be implemented? think before you post.

Elephant_Hunter
October 7, 2004, 10:01 pm
quote: and how would this be implemented?

Alpha Values

quote:think before you post.

Edit :

I think this is a great idea.

zyxstand
October 7, 2004, 10:07 pm
good idea...so u mean u put some kind of a new polygona all inside a building so that when u touch the polygon u can see everything inside? very good idea for map making - can u see outside the building when ur in it?

Freakman
October 7, 2004, 10:16 pm
ha that's right..if you are inside... that's would be the main problem. If person who is inside could see everything that building won't have sense...campers and other noobs will use that..eh barrets everywhere :D in all windows....nightmare

zyxstand
October 7, 2004, 11:02 pm
i didnt say it was like tat...i asked whether its like tat...or maybe uj could set different polygons...like when inside u see everything...or when inside u only see inside...or u can only see inside from outside and from inside u don't see outside...

Vassili_Zaitsev
October 8, 2004, 2:21 am
it is an ivitation to snipers and campers everywhere.
all you have 2 do is go in2 a building and camp all game. No one knows youre there but u can see them
swont work.

Elephant_Hunter
October 8, 2004, 6:17 am
Okay mr. vassiliwarmongeringfool or w/e... What do you think the barret was made for?? Huh?

Camping = Strategy = My respect (assuming you're good)

This idea would add more thinking to the game. I could almost imagine Soldats working in teams.

blackdevil0742
October 8, 2004, 7:07 am
play realistic

KeFear
October 8, 2004, 7:59 am
Ok, i think it would be like this: when making a map, i creat the buildings, with these new poligons covered, and on the "outside" is covered with it: so, if you enter a building, it becomes visible, but the outside is invisible. so it could be the solution. the difficult part is to make this work, becouse now there is no connection between poligons. like if you hit a poligon (a triangle), it becomes invisible, but what about the other poligons? you dont touch them, so they are still visible. maybe the poligons of this type connect to each other when they are near.

KnOt
October 8, 2004, 1:18 pm
Hmm.. 'Maybe for realistic mode' ;D

DeMonIc
October 8, 2004, 3:58 pm
Hungarian soldat players barely play realistic mode, and that's true for this community aswell...you should try it before making ideas for it :P
Anyway, it's a good idea.
And it can't make the barrett problem worse than it is.

KeFear
October 8, 2004, 8:05 pm
Well, thats half true. i used to play real, and i liked it more. than came v1.2 and realistic mode was so .. screwed up.

Freakman
October 8, 2004, 10:15 pm
barret..ok maybe this weapon was made by Marcin because he wanted it in the game..but snipers are foolish in every game..like Counter-strike..they don't wanna fight...so i repsect the knives users...RESPECT PAL! :P hehe barret..ok but not only. I used it sometimes..but it is really rarely...

KeFear
October 9, 2004, 9:58 am
well.. if i use barret, i don't camp.. i'm a fighter

LazehBoi
October 9, 2004, 10:02 am
I don't see the point of this idea, can you give me an example of how it would be useful?

Deleted User
October 9, 2004, 12:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFear
well.. if i use barret, i don't camp.. i'm a fighter

there's alot of players that DO use the barrett and DO camp, and i'd bet they'd orgasm over this idea. too dangerous, but a cool idea

Vassili_Zaitsev
October 9, 2004, 12:36 pm
you always hear ppl complaining about campers.
im personnaly sick of ppl like that.
tru its part of the game, and yes i do use it every now and then.
but this idea would create mass-camping. Whole teams would be snipers and just sit there. So if anyone came near, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM until his limp, dead body would be spit into thousands of tiny pieces.
THEN, the affore mention dead guy's teammates would see this and think: "holy [:-censored] dude! screw this im camping"
ergo you get 2 teams just camping. Any one tries to cross...well, read above.
it would turn the game into a sniper game.
nice try ;)

Freakman
October 9, 2004, 3:05 pm
sniper game...Vassili, it doesn't mean that all maps would include buildings like that..but some 3 or 4
with these could be interesting. who knows

mar77a
October 9, 2004, 3:11 pm
Guys, the realistic mod features that, of "not beeing seen through polygons, so go play realistic"
And yes, it would be campers heaven...

Freakman
October 9, 2004, 3:14 pm
it should be in that way: if you are inside you see what is inside, if you are outside..you see what is outside...but it isn't nothing special :P

mar77a
October 9, 2004, 3:20 pm
yeah, i get it...Realsitic mode has that already!

KeFear
October 10, 2004, 10:48 pm
Surely.. but realistic is hell in 1.2. i played in realistic before 1.2, but now, i rarely.. and almost never!

Deleted User
October 14, 2004, 1:38 pm
i have nothing against campers... just against barretards-run-around that run on you and blow your head off ... same as m79... thats totaly noobish and immature...btw thats a good idea ! you got my thumb on that![B)]

KeFear
October 16, 2004, 12:35 am
Hmm.. and what do you think is the best use of barret? Running with barret is not noobish.. well at least less than camping with it. So. Camping with barret is noobish, running with barret is noobish.. what else use of barret (or any other gun) is available? Ok, running on you could be noobish.. but than they can be easily eliminated before they reach you...

AnzX Vi3t
October 16, 2004, 1:35 am
what kefear said is true...would you rather have a guy who sits down an juss camps..or would you want someone who actually goes about an actually goes for the enemy? sure, a barret can somtimes be a bit..noobish but if you dont like how barret is used for camping or easy 1 hit kills then what would the barret be used for...? Hey..maybe you could make the barret so if you hit a certain area in the player's body, then they will die but if u hit like only the leg then they'll still live...how about that? maybe then you wouldnt tihnk barrets are not soo noobish after all?

frogboy
October 16, 2004, 2:29 am
Ok, the facts:

1- No-one cares
2- Barret is completely different in 1.2.1
3- The Barret is a sniper rifle, would you run around with a sniper rifle?

DeMonIc
October 16, 2004, 1:21 pm
Got you there Fear.I'd rather get killed by a camper than a barrettard.It's all point n click...might aswell play Diablo 2.

Jap_man
October 16, 2004, 2:12 pm
I dont really think we need this idea, but if you're really THAT passionate about it....play realistic mode...

Sprocket
October 18, 2004, 12:10 pm
Realistic mode Rulez.

Fakharu
October 19, 2004, 2:36 pm
Good idea, I'd rather it be a seperate option
from realistic mode anyway.

DT
October 19, 2004, 3:35 pm
i kinda like it... i mean in real life you can't see through walls and crap but... thiers that one fact...
implanting it...