( search forums )
inf_Overlord1.1 by LxS -Redownload, please.-
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
October 8, 2004, 6:55 am
Well, here it is. The D-Day map I've always wanted to use.

I'm a bit disappointed because I hit the scenery limit. Sh*t.

Anyway, I took a pseudo-3D approach (originally it wasnt, but it ended up that way).

Alas, yes, it is reverse-INF. Very similar to inf_Stalingrad.

Enjoy it. Oh and yes, this map is a helluva lot better with the Henchin WWII Mod.

---EDIT----

Here's the updated and most likely final version of the map (v1.1):

inf_Overlord1.1.zip

Changes include:
-Higher tower to prevent M79 laming (although still possible)
-Slightly lowered jetpacks (still there though)
-Bug fixes
-Flag moved to shingle
-Stationary gun now behind the Flak88.

Screenshots:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

m00`
October 8, 2004, 6:56 am
Looks so cool :DD

LazehBoi
October 8, 2004, 6:57 am
o.o

That looks sexy.

that fuking sniper
October 8, 2004, 7:08 am
I'll have sex with that map as soon as I go through puberty.

blackdevil0742
October 8, 2004, 7:12 am
[:-censored] it's awsome
why are you so damn goooooOOOOD!!!

Liber_Lupus
October 8, 2004, 7:41 am
Very good.

SERIAL KILLeR
October 8, 2004, 8:55 am
wow that looks really good!

Jap_man
October 8, 2004, 8:55 am
wow, thats one [:-censored]ing good map :D:D
*downloads

Deo
October 8, 2004, 9:11 am
looks very good, I'm gonna download it when I'm home

chakapoko maker
October 8, 2004, 10:30 am
the battlefield. the rhythm of scenery is good. there are pretty sweet pictures that powerfully makes a feeling of "let's join battle on it right now"
but the gameplay could be sorta plain, while i can see it's intended. and it's bad that the roof of the fort kills us because everybody would be on it. anyways great job, it has something to look at.

CHE_guevara
October 8, 2004, 11:31 am
OMG! 8))))

SigHunter
October 8, 2004, 12:15 pm
hell the maps rocks!

Hercule Poirot
October 8, 2004, 1:01 pm
hmm map looks kinda simple but! you made it special by those sandbags/bush scenerys/map color so it's kinda unique (theres only like few maps like that)

keep up teh good work i have always liked your maps ^^

btw what is that interface you're using and is it for nonregged ppl

KnOt
October 8, 2004, 1:22 pm
Wow.. all that scenery makes it look almost confusing! .. Looks great though, very realistic and 3d feel to it.. well done, I must say.

Melba
October 8, 2004, 1:32 pm
*orgasm*

and Hercule, that's henchin allies mod, and its unregistered i think..

Teh Panda
October 8, 2004, 2:03 pm
<3 . nothing else to say...

liquidis x snake
October 8, 2004, 2:42 pm
There's a couple of bugs w/ the map that I didn't find til I played it with some of the pepople here.

Sorry for the inconveniance, but there will be another download for this map. inf_Overlord1.1 will be out soon.

I hope to fix:
-The flag to spawn at the top of the shingle, thus balancing the gameplay a bit.
-No jetpacks at all.
-Fix some of the polybugs.

Also, I think its a glitch, but during combat in this map, you get accelerated a helluva lot faster when you're hit with a nade.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys. Feel free to post ideas about improving the map.

frogboy
October 8, 2004, 2:56 pm
I think that was just the 0 ping bug, LxS.

Anyway, as I said, leet map.

n00bface
October 8, 2004, 5:37 pm
If you take away the Jet it will totally suck :(

Deleted User
October 8, 2004, 5:53 pm
Yeah, leave a little jet like on Stalingrad.

There's only one thing I can say about this map: PHUCK ME [:O]

Deleted User
October 8, 2004, 6:27 pm
Played it online with stalky and boomstick. Its 100% pwn. But don't take out the jets. :(

n00bface
October 8, 2004, 6:41 pm
He just wants to take them out cuz i mastered conking to capture :O But i had to because that lamer TFS was being lame. Just make the towers higher and it will be solved.

dc41tnew
October 8, 2004, 6:58 pm
this map looks a lot like inf_normandy.......

just altered hmmmm.......

pinkispimp
October 8, 2004, 9:15 pm
kool map

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 8, 2004, 9:44 pm
I'm going to open up a server with this map today, in a few hours. Name is ILOA War Server

karmazonpl
October 8, 2004, 11:31 pm
very cool :D, you can't really have the feeling of overlord in soldat, but it looks very cool

I knew you were a nazi ;)

liquidis x snake
October 9, 2004, 2:18 am
Okay fine.. SOME jetpacks.

that fuking sniper
October 9, 2004, 2:32 am
I lamm0red noobface because he tried to M79 his way cheaply above the tower, little prick :P Nobody is spared of my blade, or for that matter, grenade. Dun... Dun... Dun... Another noob bites the dust...

liquidis x snake
October 9, 2004, 3:26 am
Here's the updated and most likely final version of the map (v1.1):

inf_Overlord1.1.zip

Changes include:
-Higher tower to prevent M79 laming (although still possible)
-Slightly lowered jetpacks (still there though)
-Bug fixes
-Flag moved to shingle
-Stationary gun now behind the Flak88.

LazehBoi
October 9, 2004, 7:28 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
I lamm0red noobface because he tried to M79 his way cheaply above the tower, little prick :P Nobody is spared of my blade, or for that matter, grenade. Dun... Dun... Dun... Another noob bites the dust...

OT: play the start of that song backwards. ;)
Yeah, we just played again on n00bface's server, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet~, except it's kinda weird, people get raped bad :(

n00bface
October 9, 2004, 7:31 am
It's fun to smoke Marijuana!

Hohoho, I love those.
And I think the tunnels are a bit too small because it's so easy to rape alpha in the tunnels with m79.

LazehBoi
October 9, 2004, 7:55 am
Yeah, grenades too, LxS said that it was actually like that, but they didn't have grenades explode whenever they hit someone, right?

Essentle
October 9, 2004, 9:28 am
rawr, this ones cool [:)]

liquidis x snake
October 9, 2004, 4:13 pm
You know, it wasn't that easy for the Allies to get into the German base.

Yeah, I can understand you're claim about how the "tunnels" (which I tried to make look like trails instead of tunnels) are too small.

Of course, if it wasn't that way, wouldn't it be a helluva lot more easier for Red to win? Just like my Stalingrad map (and the real life scenarios), it takes a little bit of skill and luck to actually get through the defenses.

I know that leads to long games, though. I did it on purpose :P. Longer battles = more sense of victory.

But yeah, I do admit Red gets raped a lot. They got raped in the real D-Day, too.

Droopy
October 9, 2004, 10:31 pm
True True! It's a gewd thing that in the end, the Nazi's(god I hate those guys) we're the ones who got butsecksed! With many guns!

Realy nice work! The wierd thing is, that I got a simmilar idea just a few weeks back. With the tunnels and stuff.. Just a bit different. Exelent scenery placement. I cant w8 to play this online!

PWN! BIG FUKING POON!

STEELIX
October 10, 2004, 4:13 pm
holy macaroni O.o

Droopy
October 10, 2004, 6:55 pm
I wish I had a first post like that!

Ahhpple
October 10, 2004, 9:49 pm
wwwoooww... nice....... but i dont really like the shadow of the bunker...

Messiah
October 10, 2004, 10:42 pm
Thats sweeet! Nice job ;)

karmazonpl
October 10, 2004, 10:52 pm
But it should be muuuuuch bigger

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 11, 2004, 1:33 am
I've finished waypointing the map, as well as changing some of the spawn points, for gameplay and bot purposes. I'd release it, but I'll have to ask for LXS's permission again to make sure that hes okay with it.

Messiah
October 11, 2004, 6:18 am
More jet please!!! Please im begging you lol it really does need a little more boost And the map kinda looks 3D! :o But when you go through the tunnels it gets confusing 0_o lol

liquidis x snake
October 11, 2004, 6:40 am
Jets are fiiineeeeeee.

Rhombus
October 12, 2004, 2:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ahhpple
wwwoooww... nice....... but i dont really like the shadow of the bunker...

I dont think thats a shadow. I think thats another bunker in the background. Have you never played MOH:F or something [:P]

Toumaz
October 12, 2004, 4:10 pm
OMFG GREAT MAP LXS!!!!
ITS CUMMING ORGASM ROFLCOPTERFKASDKSJAKJLDFHK

Seriously... GREAT MAP!

Urhos
October 12, 2004, 5:29 pm
mmmm,
This has to be one of the best maps I've seen :O (including ctf_Bunneh >Q)

Darac
October 13, 2004, 12:51 am
hahaha liquid x you stole my idea! this is pritty much exactly the same layout as my lead beach head map i released a year ago. dont worry im not pissed off mine failed cause i went about it the wrong way and used to many sceneries. This map look is great although i wont get a chance to play it for a while :/ as im at uni at the moment.

liquidis x snake
October 13, 2004, 4:13 am
Thanks for the comments. And Darac, I sorta unintentionally borrowed? Haha, I dunno. It's hard to make a Ohama map with and original layout :P

DeMonIc
October 13, 2004, 7:46 pm
Sweet jehova's guidy aunt that map has a cool overall :O

Darac
October 13, 2004, 10:58 pm
thats cool liquid x, (this comment isnt just for you its for everyone) i dont mind ppl using my ideas and remaking my maps and maybe even using my scenery (god only knows why someone would do that, they suck lol!) but alittle credit would be nice. just a comment saying "thanks to darac for the layout idea" or something like that...

mar77a
October 14, 2004, 12:20 am
I hate 3-D maps.....But nice one....

liquidis x snake
October 14, 2004, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Darac
thats cool liquid x, (this comment isnt just for you its for everyone) i dont mind ppl using my ideas and remaking my maps and maybe even using my scenery (god only knows why someone would do that, they suck lol!) but alittle credit would be nice. just a comment saying "thanks to darac for the layout idea" or something like that...

The problem with that is that that is the general layout for D-Day maps. I've seen them back in 105b laid out that way.

A beach, a tower, and the back. That's how the layout is, and probably will be, for any Omaha map that will be created from now on.

I'm not saying the idea isn't yours but... wait. That's precisely what I'm saying.

Darac
October 14, 2004, 6:51 am
no... not the whole layout... just the fact that you go "around" (but really under) the gunner buildings. that was my idea, mine! and only mine! i havnt seen it anywhere else because i DID IT FIRST! and untill now it was the ONLY one. therefore you stole MY idea...

as i said i dont really care as long as i get a little bit of credit.........!

when i get home (14th of november) ill dig out my old map and show you exactly how similar it is if you want.

liquidis x snake
October 14, 2004, 2:19 pm
I'll do the honors.

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Um, no? I had "trails" go under the actual bunker, making them look 3d as if they were flat ground and not tunnels.

In yours, you had them walk in front of scenery as if they walked straight through the flat surface of which the gunner building stood on.

How else was I supposed to do it? Make them go through the guard tower? Go over it? As you can see, it's the only logical choice here, and if I had created this map before you created yours, I wouldn't claim the ideas to be mine. That's like claiming "OMG I MADE THE FIRST CUSTOM MAP WITH AN ALTERNATE ROUTE, YOU STOLE MY LAYOUT!"

I'm not getting all paranoid about this, but I'm just telling you that the idea doesn't really belong to you because it's a map design choice that anyone who created a map like that would use (given that they are at least somewhat skilled in map making to enable them to create illusions like that).

Darac
October 14, 2004, 10:17 pm
you do realise that logical choices have to be made a first somewhere. Most sucessful products or scientific theary are based on and around logic and logical choices... and yet you wouldnt say that the theary of relitivity was your own idea would you? i know thats a little extreme but it is pritty much the same thing as your doing here. anyway... i can see your not going to budge, so ill disapear again untill the holidays come around. Then i might come back and make maps again. iv been meaning to for a while but iv never had the time.

Sprocket
October 16, 2004, 11:23 am
whoa!! the bots.. you need to work on them..

liquidis x snake
October 16, 2004, 6:04 pm
What are you talking about? It's not even waypointed lol.

karmazon
October 16, 2004, 6:07 pm
Damn it should be bigger :P

xXShavoXx
October 16, 2004, 6:58 pm
Rofl Eric, I can't believe you are still playing this! If I still did, I would SO download this map, I SWEAR! Great work!

Btw, WoW Open Beta starts sometime soon :D You better [:-censored]ing join!

BManx2000
October 16, 2004, 7:18 pm
Whoa, he posteth!

liquidis x snake
October 18, 2004, 5:06 am
Holy [:-censored], it's EmoAC. Haha you should participate more in the forum you coont!

And yes, I will play the openBeta. REMIND ME.

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 18, 2004, 8:21 am
Can I upload the 1.2 version with waypoints now?

xXShavoXx
October 18, 2004, 6:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
Holy [:-censored], it's EmoAC. Haha you should participate more in the forum you coont!

And yes, I will play the openBeta. REMIND ME.

eh what for, this community sucks (atleast it did, no offense). Oh, and just so you know, don't ever get Matrix Online. The beta is TERRIBLE, I can hardly log on half the time... [:-crazy]

Camping_Carl2
October 19, 2004, 3:42 am
downloading :)

Liquid Metal
October 29, 2004, 7:42 am
Did u add in the waypoints yet?

Michal
November 9, 2004, 11:21 pm
Hey LXS, some guy "EmanX" made a version 1.2 of your map and screwed it up heavily, here's a screen I took of it:
[IMAGE]
A lot more than what you can see is screwed up, I told him he shouldn't call it Overlord1.2, but I don't think he's gonna change it...

Droopy
November 12, 2004, 9:18 pm
OOOOOH! That bad!

I mean... HA? wha... boats?

I'm confused.. What was he, eating a horse urger while placing the scenery?

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 13, 2004, 6:03 pm
what, I already made 1.2, just didn't release yet.....

And it even has bot waypoints...

Uber Beast
November 13, 2004, 6:09 pm
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMGOMG.....OMG....!!!!!!!!!!Very good...OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

Deleted User
November 19, 2004, 9:30 pm
is there any server with this map being hosted?

T-Money
November 21, 2004, 12:51 am
Whoa......I loev this map so much I may marry it when I turn 18...I didn't think I'd like the 3D thing, but when I played it it was so realistic and good that I kept losing my rythm because I felt like I was playing Tribes or something :)

Very gj man.

antiCamper
December 8, 2004, 3:37 am
Very nice !

Skate4Razors
December 8, 2004, 3:51 am
God EmanX is retarded. He was once in my old clan, so I was talking on MSN with him, he said he was working with you (LXS) on this. He said you included his name in the credits and he was redoing a few stuff. I didn't really get into details, but he mentioned version 1.2 was his. Very odd... If you wanna talk to him on MSN and ask him what's going on, his Email is: Emanx25@hotmail.com

liquidis x snake
December 8, 2004, 3:55 am
Can I just send him a virus? Thanks for the insight S4R, but yeah, I've never talked to him before.

Witcher
December 10, 2004, 12:13 am
i've played on this map not knowing it's Yours :) Well it's a masterpiece! Keep up the good work!

Droopy
December 10, 2004, 8:36 pm
Keep us informed LxS. I love it when a n00b get angry. yay

Marine
December 11, 2004, 1:18 am
That map quite simply rocks.

michael92
December 19, 2004, 5:53 pm
when will the waypointed map come out?

DannyLB
December 30, 2004, 8:17 pm
How is blue supposed to win? This is just like Invasion...

liquidis x snake
December 30, 2004, 10:01 pm
If you hold them back long enough, they'll win lol.

Just prevent red from reaching the end. The flag spawns on the shingle, so it's not too hard for blue to get points.