( search forums )
RADEON 9200 SEC
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Element_101
October 8, 2004, 12:26 pm
I got a new graphics card today and while its no beauty its a step up from my old one.

Im a having a bit of trouble getting the driver installed though. When I try to unstall the driver that came with it on the CD it comes up with an error saying:

Setup was unable to complete installation. Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup.

I have no idea what a VGA driver is and the trouble shots have been usless as usuall. Can anyone help?

palloco
October 8, 2004, 12:48 pm
The fact that you can read something means that you already have vga drivers... what is ur OS? If it is XP you should not need CD drivers.
What is your mobo and the characteristics of your graphic card? Is the AGP speed of the graphic card accepted by the motherboard?
You may need to go to control panel and search for new dispositives, and if it finds the video card chose to install drivers from a location and search and .inf file from ur installation cd.

Element_101
October 8, 2004, 1:00 pm
Yes I have XP. When I try to use XP to find install them it says

an error occured during the instalation of the device
data invalid.

palloco
October 8, 2004, 6:39 pm
If that is what it say after you gave the location of the driver it may be the cd is scratched.
What does it say in system properties-> Device manager, display? If it says ati Radeon 9200 SE ur card is already detected correctly and you should be able to run dxdiag display tests properly.
In any case I suggest you to download the latest drivers for that card that should be in www.ati.com

If nothing of this does not work there may be something wrong in your XP(run checkdisk) or motherboard is not compatible or something weird