( search forums )
Web Redirect
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
JockStrap
October 9, 2004, 12:05 am
Hey guys, long tim no see,

I thought about this idea up this evenin. I thought to myself, as you do, is there a way to connect to the soldat servers though soldat://**.**.**.** in irc, mirc, on websites etc.

I'm not much of a programmer, ut I think the theory is cool.

I made this htm page where you click on it, it opens the soldat server, and closes the window (asks you if you want to). It uses the redirect function within html and theres some javascript to close the window after 1 sec :)

It's sat on geocities at the mo so you get a banner on the window that opens, but it works :D I was speaking to EnderOnline and he suggested php to stop the need for the window close. I would like someone to perfect it to be honest, so feel free...

Till next time.

JockStrap
October 9, 2004, 12:08 am
rofl, didn't put the files in...

http://rgnpwns.servegame.com - This opens the rgn soldat server, to show it in action :p

Here's the link tothe file for the code :)

http://www.geocities.com/poodumper/play.htm

b00stA
October 9, 2004, 1:44 am
What exactly do you want to do?
Is there something wrong with people clicking on a normal link?
:o

JockStrap
October 9, 2004, 3:06 am
Well, you can click directly on a soldat://**.**.**.** link from things like irc and msn, bu twith this it will automatically connect you to the game, so handy for irc topics arrangin clan match servers etc :)

Avskum
October 9, 2004, 5:15 am
quote:Originally posted by JockStrap
Well, you can click directly on a soldat://**.**.**.** link from things like irc and msn
cant, right?
still not worth much hehe.

b00stA
October 9, 2004, 10:31 am
Oh, ok.

SERIAL KILLeR
October 9, 2004, 3:06 pm
Nice stuff! I thought about making something like that but i didnt have a clue how.
Is it possible to make some php "script" with variables?
like www.url.net/join.php?ip=81.2.131.131:28800

duges
October 10, 2004, 10:09 am
owned

Urhos
October 10, 2004, 5:05 pm
All hail teh bunnehmasta!!

ArmadonRK
October 10, 2004, 8:22 pm
I love it! Now I can add direct links to all our clan-serers on the web-page. Thanks a lot JockStrap.

JockStrap
October 11, 2004, 1:57 pm
no worries :)