( search forums )
Requesting.. can't join to these serverss
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Essentle
October 9, 2004, 1:34 am
So umm yeah.
I try to get into Llama's pw and Hawtsecks (PW). They were working fine earlier in the morning, but now when i press join game just keeps requesting.. Andd i realized that the pings were just "???" and i pressed 'ping all' many timess but its not pinging the server(s).
I was heading to a cw into Hawtsecks (PW) server too.. and thats where most of our clan warss are. I tried reinstalling too, no help.
So yah, if any1 would know how to fix this i would be glad for ur help.
(I can join to some other servers, btw)

and sorry, no, i didnt use the search function cause im a lame retarded lazy ass :P .. just need help fastt.

editt: I thought at first that this had something to do with the fact of em being linux servers.. but then i realized that other linux servers are working for me, and some of the windows servers arent. so umm..

m00`
October 9, 2004, 2:30 am
have u installed any firewalls lately or blocked any ports?

Avskum
October 9, 2004, 5:25 am
So other people were able to join it while you couldnt?
Thats not right man!

poyi19920624
October 9, 2004, 5:41 am
hmm that is unusual, I can get in their, and for me, the ping is around 166 and for hawtsecks I forgot the pw and didn't check IRC so I don't know. But I can see the ping for hawtseck too. SO um........ yeah.

n00bface
October 9, 2004, 6:07 am
Were other people able to join? My host has been a bit weird lately..I can't even connect to IRC through my server anymore (R.I.P. LlamaBot [:(]). If it is only you who can't connect, if I restart the server it should work again...This has happened before to me on another linux server a couple months ago and I couldn't reconnect for a couple weeks until the server admin told me he just rebooted the machine :| I will restart teh server in a few hours.

Essentle
October 9, 2004, 7:34 pm
yah i have firewall, but i already tried turning it off and still wouldnt work..

Yah i couldnt get in the server even after u restarted em. Strangee..
But thxx anywayy n00bfaceh [:)]

iLLskiLLs
October 10, 2004, 11:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Essentle
yah i have firewall, but i already tried turning it off and still wouldnt work..

Yah i couldnt get in the server even after u restarted em. Strangee..
But thxx anywayy n00bfaceh [:)]

So are you still saying you can't join? Wait a second here, If you're Saying You can see #Hawtsecks Server in soldat Lobby with ??? ping and (just guessing from which i see she claims ppl are there) Aren't able to join.--???

If i am understanding you correctly, Let's say #hawtsecks server Suddenly Crashes while you and acouple others are trying to play. Shortley after You can see the server In lobby With a 10/10 or even 3/10 open/full slots, But are unable Too join?

Well I do not have the answer, As to why The server shows up in lobby with People playing and you cant Join.
But, I can just say If you logged on one day and experienced this No need to Re-install/ worry and do all that other stuff.It's merely because the Server has crashed Previously to your trying to join. And those Arent people playing because While the server is being shown in lobby, The server isnt even up ;) and you just have to wait till n00bface acknowledges the fact that his server needs a restart.

-If i completely misunderstood I'm sorry.

Dathker
October 11, 2004, 4:27 am
maybe you should try connecting through a proxy :/ but that equals uber laggage... :/ have you tried reinstallation ?

Essentle
October 12, 2004, 11:45 pm
hmm now it works. I tried everything, and it didnt work earlier. It just started working by itself. yay.
if it starts not working again, ima just come here and whine some more :P

Dathker
October 13, 2004, 10:56 pm
are you sure??? i need to go back home to see if mine is working... cause teh "lobby is down" for half of the soldat players... makes me want to kill the people who's lobby is up X<

Firebeach
October 17, 2004, 1:34 am
Ever since ive gotten soldat there has always been a few servers that have had a ??? and the ping. And for some reason it always shows that for the servers my friend makes. I dunno what the problem is.

n00bface
October 17, 2004, 12:32 pm
quote:And for some reason it always shows that for the servers my friend makes. I dunno what the problem is.

That is because your friend is probably behind a router. If you want to join you could try looking for his server on the lobby, then clicking the "Ping All" button and THEN joining. The problem with hawtsecks(PW) was different since she wasn't able to see the website either..maybe my host hates canadians because popps was having the same problem. Oh well.