( search forums )
Steyr AUG
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Phantom
October 9, 2004, 5:04 am
I want to use the Steyr AUG along with the combat knife im getting along ok with the knife but am having trouble getting use to the automic shooting style of the Steyr AUG. Is there any tpye of training or something to get better with it besides simply playing?

Essentle
October 9, 2004, 5:06 am
hm.. not really [:-bigeyes] just play alot

Hova
October 9, 2004, 5:08 am
Nope.

Just play often, eventually you will get the hang of it.

peemonkey
October 9, 2004, 5:12 am
well what do you mean? just put the bullets where the enemy will be when they get there.

LazehBoi
October 9, 2004, 5:15 am
No, there isn't, what exactly did you have in mind? Theres really nothing else... ~.~

Playing with bots...?

brickman
October 9, 2004, 11:39 pm
Well, there's 12 different guns plus the knife/saw, and then grenades on top of it. So if there was an easy way to learn it would be the first item in the help file, or more likely right under instalation.
PS don't use steyr. Use the weapons 3 or 9, they have more power per shot han any other auto and the clips last longer. The steyr just unloads 40 weak bullets fast.

BManx2000
October 10, 2004, 1:55 am
it's 30 bullets -_-

Tyrs_Hand
October 10, 2004, 2:57 am
Tips are always good for training, so let?s give some out.

If a steyr is used correctly and effectively it can drop an enemy faster that the AK or Minimi. It is a hard gun to get the hang on as it pumps out 30 bullets very fast. All the shots go in the same direction with very little deviation meaning your aim has to be spot on or your just going to shoot air and not the soldier your aiming at.

Pros:
1: 30 little shots coming at you does put your aim of when they come at high speeds, i don?t care what you say its true.
2: The reasonable reload time makes the clip size good for the bullet speeds.
3: All the shots go in a strait line and don?t deviate much.
4: Very fast firing rate, almost up there with the HK
5: Long range

Cons:
1: Very low single shot damage. This means that you might need to aim for a while to kill someone.
2: Smallish clip size means you wont get many triple or multi kills with it.
3: Requires a very good aim to hit and keep hitting.

My favorite weapon is the steyr but you really have to find the rut where you sit and work out from there. The knife as the secondary is a reasonable choice as the steyr reload is decent, but I would go with the socom instead so you can keep on firing when the steyr runs out of ammo.

They steyr is a hard gun to master but when you do its very powerful. If your looking for a different automatic if the steyr turns out to hard I suggest you go with the 3:Ak as it has a larger clip and lower firing rate to give you more time to aim and kill. Playing with bots is good for the basics but you should move on to online servers if that is where you intend to play this game, as depending on your connection you need to know how for in front to shoot, or how much leeway to give things in general.

All in all good luck with the steyr and knife combo. Hope you found my hints helpful.

If I missed anything major you steyr lovers find post it please [:D]

Dathker
October 11, 2004, 4:22 am
steyr need lots of reloading, you shouldnever walk around with less than 20 bullets. and for knife part.. shoot the guy with the aug until close then flip and through... but soccom is better suited for automatic weapons

kkazican
October 12, 2004, 9:36 pm
A skilled styer user could kill a ak-74 user anyday only because it can crank out the bullets much faster and reload faster should you both run out of ammo. I would have suggested going into arena 2 with 20 zombies but since Mike remapped the areas where the bots run so that they use the middle tunnel and always get stuck so it sucks. I would suggest a very small map with 20 zombies. Perhaps storm because of the lack of jets just don't camp on the walls and kill that way. It defeats the purpose.

Yakirx
October 13, 2004, 5:56 pm
You reapet each other words..If you idnt notice ;_;
Do tdm or ctf big map take the weapon ans let the bots come to you and try to run into them and see how many you kill.

Phantom
October 14, 2004, 3:45 am
I would rather use the knife then the Steyr. What weapon should i use with the knife then?

damnnation
October 14, 2004, 6:35 pm
i use knife/Desert Eagels or knife/Ak always having the knife[:D]

Liber_Lupus
October 14, 2004, 9:24 pm
i use Desert Eagles/Knife, i can kill enemies quite easily with de's in long ranges, i use knife when there are any enemies nearby, though im quite lousy at using knife.

Sprocket
October 18, 2004, 12:09 pm
desert eagles is my fav guns
one\two shoot , one kill.

Dathker
October 18, 2004, 11:59 pm
de isn't 1 shot kill... its at lease 4 cuz if you haven't noticed... 2 bullets come out at once. if its your favorite guns you should know that by now...

Kimball
October 19, 2004, 1:14 am
I personally am good with Spas, Ruger, M79, Knife, HK meaning that when i am "on" i am quite good but of course since im on dial-up i need to get the best ping i can get wich is around 240-310. The other guns that i am average with is Deagles, FN, Aug, Barret, M72, Chainsaw. For the rest of the guns AK, Socom, Minigun i am subpar and usually dont do very good. I dont know why i wrote this and i am by no means trying to brag im just a litte bored and decided to figure out what guns im best with. BTW ive been playing for about a year and a half and am usually my best on Fridays, Saturday nights, sunday afternoons and any day before a day off from school or during half days like regents and midterms.

The Noid
October 19, 2004, 12:32 pm
I just took up using the steyr and it outdoes my old auto of choice that little spammer(hk-mp5). But usually you will find me using m79/knife, my favorite.

b00stA
October 19, 2004, 12:59 pm
Enough of the 'xxx is my favourite'..