( search forums )
Changing fonts or use Unicode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
3rd_account
October 9, 2004, 4:27 pm
I've spent ~6 hours translating soldat into Swedish, and now I'm pissed that it won't work.

I knew that Soldat couldn't display three Swedish letters (upper- & lower-case makes it 6). No problem for elite me. Easily fixed by modifying the "bgothl.ttf" and "lucon.ttf", changing seldom used signs that works in Soldat like +`;_^* into the Swedish åÅäÄöÖ.

Since I didn't have Bank Gothic Light BT installed on my computer, all text displayed with that font worked perfectly. But Lucida Console was already installed on my computer, so the one in C:\Windows\Fonts overrides the one in C:\Soldat because they have the same name for their font.

Sure, I could edit the one in Windows\Fonts, but Lucida Console is being use in Notepad, on websites and other games. And then I couldn't use +`;_^* anymore.

Why ain't this in the Translation forum you ask? Well I'd like to suggest that either you could specify what font you want Soldat to use, e.g. my modified version of Lucida Console. Or that Soldat starts using Unicode, making åÅäÄöÖ and many more wierd characters displayable.

cooz
October 9, 2004, 5:06 pm
insted åÅäÄöÖ use lLaAoO, we (poles) make seme with aour special charts and there is no problem with that...