( search forums )
smoking
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
bucky_brad
October 9, 2004, 8:48 pm
so, who of you smoke?

guess what? I hope you [:-censored]ing die of lung cancer mother [:-censored]er.

honestly unless you are addicted, why are you smoking? why are you killing your self for nothing better than a weak high?

the main reason I am posting this is because of this cocksuckers avatar.

"SilencedAsshole"
[IMAGE]

He is 14... and has a [:-censored]ing ciggeret in his mouth. I hope you get your head beaten in with a [:-censored]ing lead pipe.

Anyone who smokes, stop now. You are killing your self for no good reason.

Hektik Sniper
October 9, 2004, 8:51 pm
i smoke when i can afford too, but i stopped now cause i cant :( Measly student budget :(

bucky_brad
October 9, 2004, 8:52 pm
why do you smoke? do you like damaging your body?

b00stA
October 9, 2004, 8:52 pm
Yeah, if I had the money I'd kill myself too..

Chakra
October 9, 2004, 8:54 pm
Smoking ....is a strange strange thing. It can leave a foul taste, it can make your throat sore...

..but by god it's enjoyable. Smoking isn't so much a way of relaxing, as putting back a part of you that was once missing, an extension of your fingers, and for 5 whole minutes you get to distance yourself from everything, just you and the cigarette. It's not turned to as a tool of relaxation, though it achieves that, it's just ...so...satisfying.

(incidently I started smoking again 2 months ago)

bucky_brad
October 9, 2004, 8:56 pm
I really hope you are joking b00stA.
I respect you alot but if are being serious that you would smoke if you had the money...
well... seems you dont deserve any respect at all.

edit: chakra, I also respect(ed) you alot as well, take up drawing instead. or chewing gum... or [:-censored]ing anything.

b00stA
October 9, 2004, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Yeah, if I had the money I'd kill myself too..

My grandmother died because of cancer, before I was born.
It's crawling around in our family.. so do you think I'd really start smoking?

Yes, I was joking.

Deleted User
October 9, 2004, 9:04 pm
Smoking is for dumb soldat veterans. I don't smoke.

_Mancer_
October 9, 2004, 9:05 pm
Smoking sucks...

But drinking rules.

Yay 4 Yuengyling

liquidis x snake
October 9, 2004, 9:10 pm
Drugs are bad, mmkay?

bucky_brad
October 9, 2004, 9:11 pm
ahh... sorry bout your grandmother b00stA, but atleast you dont smoke.
I lost my dad to lung cancer so thats one of the reasons I get so pissed off when I see people smoking who have no need to (really nobody has a need to).

from now on anybody who does not smoke gets a pat on the back.

*pats b00stA on the back*

*pats ville on the back*

*breaks chakra's fingers so he cant smoke*

edit:

*pats LXS on the back*

*pats mancer on the back*

Chakra
October 9, 2004, 9:12 pm
Us smokers know it's bad for us. Fact is we don't really care...it doesn't effect us that much. Theres alot going on in our lives typically that warrant the simple relief and satisfaction that comes from a smoke, usually a life where our health seems less of a priority. It's probably this image of being so on edge, busy, and 'hardcore' that attracts the likes of our newest 14 year old friend to pose with the evil white stick.

I just really enjoy it.

Duke33
October 9, 2004, 9:17 pm
Smoking bothers me. Obviously, freedom of choice and all that, so I'm not stopping anyone. But it stinks like hell, bothers most people around you, it kills and it's expensive. I know kids who do drugs too...and that's just as stupid if not more. Drinking in excess isn't smart either.

Again, do what you will. Just because someone smokes or does drugs or drinks alot doesn't mean they can't be good people, or that I can't respect them. I have some friends who do just those things (in one way or another). Personally, I'm never going to do any of it because it's so pointless.

I don't get mad at people who do it. I just wish they'd step back and look at what they're doing. If they decide to keep on going, like Chakra, for whatever reason, then fair enough.

bucky_brad
October 9, 2004, 9:22 pm
quote:It doesn't effect us that much.

HAHAAH... BWAAHAHAAHAH!!!

ok say a pack if ciggerets is 10$ a pack. I am pretty sure it is more but lets just say that.lets say you go through a pack a week. So 52 weeks in a year, x10... you lose 520$ a year aleast.

you gain a unhealth addiction.

you are completey [:-censored]ing up your lungs.

and because of your addiction you cant stop and after 20 years of smoking you get a cancer.

find somthing else you enjoy.
I seriously doubt anyone ever will be able to justify smoking to me.

*pat on the back for duke*

edit: ok here we go, stolen from
http://www.quit-smoking-stop.com/harmful-smoking-effects.html

Smoking KILLS

Every year hundreds of thousands of people around the world die from diseases caused by smoking.

One in two lifetime smokers will die from their habit. Half of these deaths will occur in middle age.

Cigarettes are full of chemicals and poisons. As you discovered in our chemicals in cigarettes section tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals.

Tobacco smoke also contributes to a number of cancers.

The mixture of nicotine and carbon monoxide in each cigarette you smoke temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, straining your heart and blood vessels.

This can cause heart attacks and stroke. It slows your blood flow, cutting off oxygen to your feet and hands.Some smokers end up having their limbs
amputated.

Tar coats your lungs like soot in a chimney and causes cancer. A 20-a-day smoker breathes in up to a full cup (210 g) of tar in a year.

Changing to low-tar cigarettes does not help because smokers usually take deeper puffs and hold the smoke in for longer, dragging the tar deeper into their lungs.

Carbon monoxide robs your muscles, brain and body tissue of oxygen, making your whole body and especially your heart work harder. Over time, your airways swell up and let less air into your lungs.

Smoking causes disease and is a slow way to die. The strain put on your body by smoking often causes years of suffering. Emphysema is an illness that slowly rots your lungs. People with emphysema often get bronchitis again and again, and suffer lung and heart failure.

Lung cancer from smoking is caused by the tar in tobacco smoke. Men who smoke are ten times more likely to die from lung cancer than non-smokers.

Heart disease and strokes are also more common among smokers than non-smokers.

Smoking causes fat deposits to narrow and block blood vessels which leads to heart attack.

Smoking causes around one in five deaths from heart disease.

In younger people, three out of four deaths from heart disease are due to smoking.

Chakra
October 9, 2004, 9:42 pm
Ugh...nothing more annoying than someone from the Cult of Non Smokers. SMOKERS DON'T CARE. We enjoy it, thats all that matters to us.

Ironically, I too was a strict non-smoker. I couldn't stand being in the same room as them, i'd ask them to put it out when in a car, it smelt bad and made it hard to breathe. What can I say though, a few cigarettes later I found myself really enjoying them. It takes you away from the crap in life...except the anti-smokers.

Life ain't easy luv...you try falling in love then losing it from no fault of your own, or having friends you gotta bail from the kind of trouble not worth inviting if you want to live, working out schemes for cash so as to finally get somewhere in life, and all the other little stresses loved ones and enemies bring to you. You welcome the little stick.

bucky_brad
October 9, 2004, 9:59 pm
its not as if I think you are a bad guy or anything chakra.

I have never smoked, so I dont really understand why you would do it(still, even after all your explaining).
It sounds like and escape.

sounds like you need a holiday.

And yes. I know the pain of love. and having [:-censored] crazy friends.

DT
October 9, 2004, 10:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by bucky_brad
so, who of you smoke?

guess what? I hope you [:-censored]ing die of lung cancer mother [:-censored]er.

honestly unless you are addicted, why are you smoking? why are you killing your self for nothing better than a weak high?

the main reason I am posting this is because of this cocksuckers avatar.

"SilencedAsshole"
[IMAGE]

He is 14... and has a [:-censored]ing ciggeret in his mouth. I hope you get your head beaten in with a [:-censored]ing lead pipe.

Anyone who smokes, stop now. You are killing your self for no good reason.

its not even lit
but i agree smoking is bad you [:-censored]ing smokers FUDGE YOURSELF WITH A WAFFLE IRON!

Michal
October 9, 2004, 10:13 pm
People smoking around me really annoys me, but I really don't care if people choose to kill themselves with cigarettes. The world is dangerously overpopulated anyway :P .

Freakman
October 9, 2004, 10:15 pm
what is in hand it is in mouth...I'm going to toilet.. :P

koil
October 9, 2004, 11:19 pm
first of all, i'll start by saying that none of us, the smokers, ignores the fact that.. its not healthy. or even kills.

why did i started with it? ah, out of the obvious reasons, which you can probably guess by your own.

why do i proceed with that demonic ritual? yea, just like chakra said, its like you and the cig,
5 whole minutes, alone. its like nobody's there, except us. plus, i cant imagine myself withount taking 'a break' evry hour. i just cant.

btw, incase you thought otherwise, i have never forced anyone to smoke (except for one time(Weed^Meister, hehe @ himself), and that was on like, 'my first 2weeks' that i've been enjoying the white devil), and i always smoke on places, where i can, withount harming the others (aka non-smokers).
but, why should i defend myself?

(btw, this whole 'financel' bs is.. bs. i, smoke about 1box (20cigs) per day, which costs $2-3 (the cheapest israeli cig company, mind you). 7days * $3= $21. $21 * 4weeks = $84.
$84 in Nis/shekel (israel's currency) = 378 aprox. for the non-free loaders, who has a job, its nothing. (each month i'm getting 3800 withount overtime, and max of like, 4600, so seriously, $84 is small change for people who HAVE income.).

dah, that turned out a bit longer then what i've expected. ah, no biggie, eh?

Famine
October 9, 2004, 11:45 pm
quote:hope you get your head beaten in with a ing lead pipe.

yea...that is a much better way to Die. Ahh the hypocrisy "You [:-censored]ing smokers...dont kill yourself, let me do it for you!"

If they want to smoke fine...but dont get pissed off about it.

BManx2000
October 9, 2004, 11:55 pm
Koil, don't be so fast to just ignore the cost. Lets say a pack costs $3. That equates to roughly $1000 per year. With that money, you could buy a completely new top-of-the-line computer every 2 years.
I don't really care about smokers, but it irks me when they smoke in public places and it REALLY irks me when they smoke in the presence of their children, passing on their lung cancer and bad smell.
Also, koil, are you listening to yourself? "yea, just like chakra said, its like you and the cig, 5 whole minutes, alone. its like nobody's there, except us." If your best friend is a cigarette, you have some problems. You're referring to the cig as a person, FFS.

Chakra
October 10, 2004, 12:09 am
..ignore these fools ciggy, they may not love us, but so long as we have each other, what else matters..

*kisses*

KnOt
October 10, 2004, 12:12 am
I smoke, 'cause I like it.

koil
October 10, 2004, 12:13 am
shh.. you'll hurt her feelings.

and yea, i guess you have good point about the economical condition, but.. this kind of things wont stop me from smoking. lets face it, the only thing that will keep me away from lisa, is if she'll kick me in the lungs and/or throat.

btw: i might have a bit exhadgerated with the words i've used, but nontheless, me and lisa DO got some problems. still, i dont see how come our problems intefer (typo) with yours.

i'll check this thread once i'll be at work, which is aprox. 7hours from now. till then - saionara muchachos, laila tov.

Melba
October 10, 2004, 12:57 pm
Bucky, you do know that nicotine is just as addicting as heroin, right?
now put yourself in the same position as a "nicotine-slave"

EDIT: i don't smoke, and i feel sorry for those who do

b00stA
October 10, 2004, 1:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Melba
Bucky, you do know that nicotine is just as addicting as heroin right.
..just quoting..

LazehBoi
October 10, 2004, 1:26 pm
People can go kill themselves with ciggarettes, I have a computer addiction and it probably gives the same effect as smoking, but a hell of alot more acceptable than it, for obvious reasons.
Generally I have respect for people who are cool, and they don't lose any if they smoke, but if a person I don't like smokes, I hate them even more. I agree with Duke strongly, people can do what they want, but they should know that they've killed themselves. Even if they don't die for many years, they're going to feel ALOT of pain, it happened to my grandfather, who passed away just a few days ago.
He managed to fight death for thirty years, those many years being filled with breathing problems and infections. Just look at what you're doing before it's too late. You may not feel like [:-censored] now, but you will when you're older, and that's if you're older, You'll be thinking "I should have stopped after a few months" as you take out the respirator for the 30th time in a few weeks...

n00bface
October 10, 2004, 1:49 pm
Secondhand smoke kills too.

Subslider
October 10, 2004, 3:07 pm
like you care wether i smoke or not...

Well anyway i started smoking 2/3 years ago..
since then i cant quit.. nour can i find a good reason for it..

if i die of lung cancer its not the the world cant go on without me..
untill i find a good reason.. im not quiting, make me

SuperKill
October 10, 2004, 3:21 pm
for once i agree with chakra.
brad your attitude sucks almost as much as you do. "i had respect for you but now that you smoke i dont anymore" give me a f*cking break.. you dont like people who smoke ? stay away from them and shut the f*ck up you dumbf*ck.
lets see what's in that link you gave us:

Smoking KILLS

Every year hundreds of thousands of people around the world die from diseases caused by smoking.

well no sh!t. if i only had 1$ for everytime i heard that and didnt care.. i could buy snitz forums and ban your whole isp from ever coming back.

bucky_brad
October 10, 2004, 5:27 pm
I still respect him but I really thought he was better than smoking.
I do still respect people who smoke and I have friends that smoke.

most of the stuff i said in my past posts i was just angry about that kids avatar, I do respect people who smoke and they ofcourse dont deserve to get the head beaten in with a lead pipe but they really do need to think about why they are smoking... if it is just an escape find somthing else.

but like i said i have never smoked so i wouldnt know why you smoke and how hard it is to stop.
if i have er... offended any in my past posts(execpt for that kid) i am sorry, most of it was said in anger.

... but you still shouldnt smoke =/

SuperKill
October 10, 2004, 6:06 pm
ok, but just for the record - it only matters what type of person are you talking about. i know people that smoke for 5 years and "cant stop", and also some that smoke for 10 years and quit smoking really easy.
and there are also diffrent types of addictions, like you said, some morons just smoke to make themselves look cool, but they cant stop cause of their social tension or whatever.
it only matters if the person really wants to quit.

palloco
October 10, 2004, 6:48 pm
I dont respect people who smoke. My nose bleeds when im in a saturated place of cigarrets' smoke( eg disco)

LazehBoi
October 10, 2004, 6:53 pm
If he's really 14 and he really smokes, the only people who will find him cool are the people who are stupid and socially inept, EG. "gangsta's". The rest will just think he's some tryhard with problems.

Chakra
October 10, 2004, 6:53 pm
by the way, anyone got any tips on rolling? I can't get the [:-censored]ing hang of it..

kevith
October 10, 2004, 8:02 pm
I have never smoked, and I will never smoke... but here's the thing: People who smoke already know that it's bad for them. They already know that it costs them a lot of money. It's just that they are either don't care, think it's worth the costs, or are addicted. Just because somebody smokes doesn't make them a bad person.

JuiceBox
October 10, 2004, 8:21 pm
Since you put it that way bucky, I think I'll quit! At the moment it's not a financial burden and I enjoy it. People do it for differnt reasons, but when idiots get in my face about quitting It just makes me want to do it more out of spite. Now I can see where your anger comes from about it, that dumb kid using it as his avatar to look cool is immature, but what ever. When I die of lung cancer, kudos to you.

KnOt
October 10, 2004, 9:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi
If he's really 14 and he really smokes, the only people who will find him cool are the people who are stupid and socially inept, EG. "gangsta's". The rest will just think he's some tryhard with problems.

I started smoking when I was 13.. does that make my friends 'gangsta's'?
I remember starting to smoke cos of boredomn.. it was never to try and be 'cool' .. and it never will be either.

El_Mariachi
October 11, 2004, 7:08 am
Theres no easy way to condemn all those that use tobacco, far too many reasons why they picked up that kind of habit exists and so, putting yourself in the moral highchair doesnt help, unless u want some moral high. As long as u make a few efforts to minimize the exposure to those that do not want to be exposed to it, theres not much any1 should say about it. I do however feel strongly that parents with kids should lay off it until the kids have flown. My parents smokes, and, I got a rash under my eyelids cuz I scratched my eyes. 'snot really fair for a kid ;)
(oh yeah, small kids should really lay off it too, but, since when do they listen? ;) )

Chakra, I find that what kind of paper u use is essential to success in rolling. I take it we are talking about hand rolled, at least, u look so much like James Dean that thats what i presumed.
If u can get hold of http://www.rizla.co.uk/welcome_flash.php Rizlas, the orange kind, they are the best ive tried so far. Of course, if your tobacco has gone dry, u need to make it moist again, some coffee, water, whisky or what have u actually helps. U may or may not use filters, if u dont, Id recommend giving the cig a lil of the old spliff conical shape. Less chance of getting tobacco in yer mouth, and, since u dont smoke the butt, less tobacco gone to waste ;)
That of course is all preparations. The tricky part is rolling. I usually take a lot less tobacco than what wud be found in a brand cigarette. The fold of the paper should lay between your long and your index finger, maybe with the thumb to keep it in place. add some tobacco and disperse it evenly over the length of the paper, a little is usually sticking out on the sides, dont worry.
What u do next.. Use the other hand and make a symmetrical shape together with the hand that originally held the to-be-cigarette. letting the fold not rest so much between the index- and long fingers but on the long fingers, giving it support from the back with your index fingers. And, use your thumbs and start rolling. The movement resembles the sign of money. U know, scratching the inside of your index and long finger with your thumb. Do that with both thumbs to form a roll, dont push too hard, or ull get tired enjoying your prize. (dont try to fold in the paper quite yet, just play with the roll of tobacco inside the paper). So, your tobacco will now be molded to a lil roll inside the paper. Now, depending on what side u have the glue, u just try to snugly wrap the paper around the roll, with a movement resembling the one we just did. The difference between the movements is that this time u usually have to make it exaggerated so u dont have to make several strokes with your thumb, u want one neat movement. Trickiest part imho is to get one end of the paper under first so it will actually roll, and, thats where rizla is in my experience the best.
/Mariachi Non-Habituary smoker who do enjoy them once in a while

Captain RibMan
October 11, 2004, 8:32 am
whenever i walk past a person smoking i always hold my breath.. its weird but just a force of habit from when i was young

its stupid tho, i mean the fact that your doing something that kills you seems so cool to kids. why dont they go off and do something thats way more fun and yet still dangerous like some kinda sport. its stupid aswell cos people make fun of nerds and stuff that arent fit, but they themselves smoke and will be out of breath and will be as [:-censored]ed as the unfit nerd who wont die from being unfit.

i bet theres a much better high from something like base jumping and you can be active, socialble and im sure it attracts women much better than someone who smokes. I guarentee that while girls might think it looks cool when you smoke, a while after they will realise that your [:-censored]ing yourself up and your unfit and wont go aslong when you have secks.

my maths teacher smokes and constantly says that he really should give it up and wants to, its just unfortunate when he says that he smokes after sex and then goes on to say that it comes out to be about 2 packs a day lol. its just something that will have to slowly die out when people dont get suckered into the image off it.

i have never smoked and dont ever intend to, why waste money on ciggarettes when you can save up for hookers ^___^

DeafBox
October 11, 2004, 8:46 am
Im abit of a health nut... and the idea of smoking goes against everything i try and do to stay fit. Most of my friends smoked when the were younger but got over it come late teenage years. I personally see smoking as a charachter flaw. Its only my personally thoughts, but if i see some1 smoking i see that as a weakness. That said i have alot of friends who smoke so its not like something i cant deal with.

If your looking for an escape, try going for a run or joining the gym. Works for me and is much better for you.

What i hate more than smokers is people who cant quit, or act like its realllllly hard to quit. F*ck off, some people just have no will power.

that fuking sniper
October 11, 2004, 8:53 am
"Kids do it" because of the rebellion of it, first of all. Cigarettes are usually illegal to smoke under the age of 18 in most countries and are morally "unacceptable" for kids to smoke. By kids I mean 12-14 year-olds, thats usually when most smokers start smoking. Yes, I'm talking about popularity contests and attention whores. Face it, people, most everything one does is linked in one way or another to a social trend or opinion. Same thing with drugs: Most people start just because its cool to rebel against the general rules and the system and feel on the edge. I've had friends who did good in the beginning of last year, they were up in their hobbies, their grades were great, life couldnt get any better. Soon enough they started doing drugs and drinking, now barely any of them does better than a D or an F, most are planning on dropping out now.

Come to think of it, in countries where drugs are legal for use even for teens, the ratio of drug-usage is much, much lower than in countries which holds such things illegal. Like I said, popularity usually rotates around showing off with rebellious behavior and whatnot. What's generally forbidden is what's cool to do. If you think of how cool people would think you are if they saw you do something forbidden then pat yourself on the back, you're an attention whore. Hey look at the bright side, you're unique, just like everybody else. ;)

kkazican
October 12, 2004, 9:29 pm
You people trying to explain the math of it have no understanding at all what a smoker does. I'm just saying this is the average person not everyone.

Day 1:
A guy puffs 1 cigarette to impress so goes to store once a week to buy a pack for about $6.50
4 weeks per month (estimate) 3 months 6.50
4x3x6.50=$76

Month3:
That person will continue to puff on that until about 3 months when he gets addicted
Same as above
4x3x6.50=$76
Total=$152

Month6:
The guy needs cigarettes more rapid now starting to crave them so buys 2 a week
4weeks 6 months $13
4x6x$13=$312
Total=$464

Year1:
The man is now a full addict smoking 4 packs a week Increase in smokers causes government to raise prices on cigarette packs to $7.50
57 weeks $30
57x$30=$1710
Total=$2174

Year2:
There is no longer a buzz so the man smokes a pack a day
365 days $7.50
365x$7.50=$2737
Total=$4911.50

Year3:
The man will now smoke 3 packs a day until he inevitably dies from cancer prices go up to $8 because I want to be able to not think hard (I'm not using calculator)
27 years x 365 days x $8
27x365x$8=$78,840

Year30 (Just assuming):
The man is dead spending a total amount of $83,751.50 on the things that caused his death. Why not buy a sports car and get over with it faster?

Droopy
October 12, 2004, 10:12 pm
A smoke realy feels good after a sucky day or a few drinks.. but thats just about it. Not that I hate people who smoke, I dont realy care about that, they know it's bad for them, but if they like it and feel good after it. Why not enjoy your life?

Oh and it realy feels good after secks! You know that feeling.. yeah!
*leans back and dreams*

Deleted User
October 13, 2004, 6:02 am
quote:By the way, anyone got any tips on rolling? I can't get the [:-censored]ing hang of it...
Just takes practice, just like packing chew.

I'm a new soldat fan, and a smoker since I was 13 (Pack-a-day smoker since 14). I'm also a child prodigee of sorts, I taught myself to read at four and taught myself to program at six, got a programming internship at sixteen making very good wages, ect. I am currently a freshman in college and still smoke. Its a habit that all of my male family members in the last three generations have partook in for at least ten years. Interestly all of the folks from the first generation are living or lived into at least their eighties. All the folks from the generations before them did the same according to my mother who is very interested in our family tree.

I began smoking because I saw my friends doing and figured "I'll try it once, I probably won't like it and will say that and quit." Like every other new smoker I liked it. The tobacco buzz is a unique feeling that new smokers have that really does work to get us hooked. Unfortunately I can only achieve that feeling anymore if I smoke two cigarettes quickly in a row. However, cigarettes still do have a certain satisfying feeling that cannot really be fulfilled any other way. Like mentioned earlier in this thread, there are certain things (such as sex) that are 10x better with a cigarette afterwards. My friends and I have become older and more responsible and have recently (after a price increase in Camels) began talking about quitting. It is not because of the health effects, but rather because of the cost and the social implications. Honestly, I would rather all of America smoked. If humanity's exponential growth rate remains constant in 600 years there will be enough people that there will be one person for every square meter of the earth (including ocean). Many of you say, "ok, we'll have inhabited mars by then." Heres a comparison -- lets say we have a bacteria colony in a 2-liter bottle that doubles in size every hour. Once that bottle is full, we transfer half to another bottle. In another hour, both bottles will be full. Smoking just delays the inevitable war that will soon be a result of massive overpopulation. Go nuts buddies.

Captain RibMan
October 13, 2004, 7:49 am
wow only 17 and check out these well structured sentances and long words