( search forums )
Talky vs. Silent
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Beren
October 10, 2004, 12:41 am
I was playing online the other day, and the incesant chatting of people (namely Mr Prezident and billbob) inspired me to start a topic.

Do you prefer a server with alot of chat and talk, or a silent one? I prefer chatty, it's much more fun( though distracting). On a silent one, everything just feels kind of awkward, what do you think?

liquidis x snake
October 10, 2004, 12:47 am
Each has it's own time.

Pubs, sometimes chatty. It's less serious and what not.

Scrims or matches, I prefer silent. Builds more tension.

Beren
October 10, 2004, 12:54 am
Ahh, that makes sense, but I wouldn't know, I only play public.

Chakra
October 10, 2004, 1:17 am
Theres a comfortable inbetween for dull-no-chat and talking-like-a-bloody-woman.

lieroguy
October 10, 2004, 6:49 am
I personally use the TeamSpeak program when playing with fellow Spartans. It makes it a bit easier to play, communicate, and not be pestered by stuff to read at the same time.

Hektik Sniper
October 10, 2004, 9:26 am
In publics im a chatty git normally, In clanwars i normally dont speak cept for the occasionaly "ns" and the taunts.

Denacke
October 10, 2004, 10:11 am
Hmmm, I hate it when they start talking in some foreign language, and totally stop playing too.
Has to be some midway between all talk & all silent ;)

and yeah for cw's there's no time for a chit chat :P

Dathker
October 11, 2004, 4:19 am
LOLS i do that except for the foreign language... im a very chatty person to peoples i know... and when im on a sugar/caffeeneee high then i say rofl alot and use m79 ^_^

clan matches talkin is a no-no cuz i get flamed for it :(

karmazon
October 11, 2004, 4:22 am
I like when I'm the only person talking XD

Borus
October 11, 2004, 9:47 am
I like Talking in all Matches. (I wouldn't know about Clanwars, because I haven't been in one)

The only thing I hate about chat, is the people who go "Whore", "n00b"
or "WTF" or "OMG" When they die. [B)]

Urhos
October 11, 2004, 2:01 pm
I like them talky cw's, but i is never silent anyways >Q

KiLLBoT
October 11, 2004, 2:07 pm
Mmm talking is alright until everyone in the server starts doing it, and I'm forced to type. Then I get killed ;<

Skate4Razors
October 11, 2004, 4:00 pm
I like it when it's silent... But when someone does something stupid, like kniving themselves or something, everyone types... That's cool though because no matter what, the game is silent because typing dosn't make any noise. SILENT IS FUN!

ynnePmoT
October 11, 2004, 4:36 pm
its always nice to hear "barretard,cheater,hacker etc." on a server when you kill someone.. i go for talky!

Veronica
October 12, 2004, 12:10 am
I love to play in chatty servers aslong as the chat is somewhat mature. Makes me feel like im playing an online game. If its all quiet, I feel like im playing offline :(

Ahhpple
October 12, 2004, 12:37 am
Its fun playing with people who talk, but that can get annoying too, like when they start repeating themselves or complaining.

DT
October 12, 2004, 3:14 am
both

Element_101
October 12, 2004, 10:22 am
CS chat is good, hell Id go on a server just to watch what people type on that game.

Never played on a internet server for soldat (our connection is to [:-censored])

Freakman
October 12, 2004, 11:27 am
"Silent is a virtue of fools"
Francis Bacon 1561-1626

lol

Alamo
October 12, 2004, 11:31 am
I only talk when I'm in mid-air and not easy to hit or when i'm dead. I'm a quite fast typer so that's not a problem. I barely get killed typing. I hate the Typekillers. We could have a 'talking' icon over one's head.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
October 15, 2004, 8:07 am
talky all the way. Although that has been the cause of me getting killed all the time......

popseed
October 15, 2004, 11:51 am
talking in clanwars cost me alot in the past, so no more of that, but a chatty pub with people you know or people who arent illeterate is alright ;o

KiLLBoT
October 15, 2004, 2:35 pm
CW talky is a definite nono.. Yeah VP was is right.. Whenever there's no chat, it doesn't feel like an online game :/

Droopy
October 15, 2004, 8:19 pm
walkie talkie

I dont like silent servers. When you say "ns" and you dont even get an "ty". Thats even more evul than a barrett server!

Deleted User
October 15, 2004, 9:10 pm
I love talking while playing, adds a lot of fun to the game. I usually end up typing in mid air a lot just to see someone stop moving to type something back at me, while a move in and throw a knife in their chest. It's cheap and barely ever works but when it does it's funny as hell.

DT
October 16, 2004, 9:38 pm
talking is kinda hard becuse people will attack while your talking

Jaz
October 16, 2004, 10:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
walkie talkie

I dont like silent servers. When you say "ns" and you dont even get an "ty". Thats even more evul than a barrett server!

I only say "spanks" to that cos I wanna let people know it was me ! =)

Deleted User
October 17, 2004, 3:11 pm
just learn to type fast enough, and preferably blind.... and always search cover first
TypeKillers hahahaha lmao

Dathker
October 18, 2004, 5:21 am
lols i know alot of talk killers.. id on't know if he plays anymore.. but he used to talk .. .and most of its just bs and you would suck just trying to read what he says... lol

i could do it but.. i lack the immaturity..

Fakharu
October 18, 2004, 2:42 pm
I'm okay with talking in servers, just as long as
everyone doesn't start making excuses for their
obvious deaths.

DT
October 19, 2004, 3:47 pm
Randomguy: LAGER I FUDGING SHOT YOU AND YOU DIDN'T DIE!!! I SHOT YOU 7 TIMES!!!
Me: your ping is 600
Randomguy: ITS BECUSE YOUR A NOOB FUDGER
Me: yes you are
Randomguy: ARGGGGGGGGGG
Randomguy has dissconnected

thats why i love when people talk