( search forums )
People Cannot Join My Games
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
slugguts
October 10, 2004, 5:45 am
I own Three computers which have a broadband connection shared through a Netgear WGT624 V2 Wireless Firewall Router. If I host a server, people cannot join my games, and I can not join my own games (hosted on my other computer, of course). I think it is a port problem and im not sure what to change the port # to in the Soldat.InI. Please help.

n00bface
October 10, 2004, 5:51 am
You must first forward your game port on the router to the machine hosting the soldat server, and also forward "23083" to the same machine. If you want to join a game on your LAN, you must use the LAN address (for example: 192.168.0.2 as opposed to 65.73.210.23).

For more info, consult the sticky toadSmoke made in Server Corps forum. It tells you which ports to forward as well as most stuff you should know before / when running a server.

_Mancer_
October 10, 2004, 5:56 am
This also happens to me..and a lot of other people.

Try making your ded on another computer.

Dathker
October 11, 2004, 4:25 am
go to your routers "website" most the time just type http://192.168.1.1 into a browser (i.e.,mozillia,myie2, etc) then go to port forwarding and the forware port 23073 to the ip of the computer that you are hosting the server on..