( search forums )
UPDATED: the cave 0.5 :-)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
ada89
January 7, 2003, 6:02 pm
I have made this map today.. and i think that it was a great map but i never done any wapoint on it and it is actualy a ctf map but i will update it later. I need help with the water, how can i make it semi transparent..i know a lot of u use editpro...but how did u do that..thanks alot

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] thecavetest.zip28.92 KBy but

Darac
January 7, 2003, 8:32 pm
well we use edit pro because it can only be done in edit pro :)
how you do it is in edit pro you place a scenery object where you want the water then you click the edit button and select the object you just placed. use either the green or yellow box (cant rmemeber which)that will apear on the corners to make the object larger. once you've coverd the whole place you want the water then look on the side bar and little more than half way down in the scenery info box there should be a visibility option. change that to about 50% and like magic you have water.

note: you have to have the object you want selected to change its visibility

ada89
January 7, 2003, 9:54 pm
Thanks alot Darac..check ur PM

High
January 7, 2003, 10:13 pm
ada89: ya..it would be GREAT to make the water semi transparent...because if you go to the water...you cant really know where you are...and i got lost personally...=P...cant wait for the real one with waypoint to come out!

Darac
January 7, 2003, 10:35 pm
no problem ada89

High
January 7, 2003, 11:21 pm
Darac: when will this map be fixed?

ada89
January 8, 2003, 6:22 pm
What are u talking about hight ?? [:P]...

IMPORTANT: i have done the water thing, u need to downlaod the folder...and unzip it...copy the smallcrate.jpg and go to scenery grafix folder and change the normal smallcrate.jpg(not from the thecave0.5 folder) to smallcrate1.jpg...then u paste the smallcrate.jpg(from thecave0.5 folder)and play. U do this if u only want to play this map..

if u dont play this map, change the smallcrate.jpg to other name and change the smallcrate1.jpg to smallcrate.jpg..

if u want to play it again change the pure smallcrate.jpg to smallcrate1.jpg and change the other name jpg file(from the thecave0.5)to smallcrate and play it

What did u think..no waypoint..i will update it..

ada89
January 8, 2003, 6:30 pm
how can i forgot [xx(] ....u can download it here...sorry

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] tHEcAve_0.5.zip34.55 KB

Screenshot [:D]

ada89
January 8, 2003, 6:32 pm

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] watersoldat.jpg28.29 KB

CoOl huh? [:D]

High
January 8, 2003, 9:34 pm
ada89: cant you use a new scenery...like a new gfx...rather than this one...or make a texture...

ada89
January 8, 2003, 9:43 pm
new scenery..??? the water??

High
January 8, 2003, 10:09 pm
ada89:...ya...make it a new texture or new screny..will that work?

ada89
January 8, 2003, 10:25 pm
Oh.....i will try [:D]

Darac
January 8, 2003, 10:36 pm
i couldnt figure out how to add new sceneries..... and you cant make a texture see through... as far as i know. so no he cant do anything about it high :/, you just have to mess about with your sceneries alot :)
ada89: i have to admit its cleaver but also not that many ppl are going to bother with changing the sceneries JUST for your map :/ maybe if you or someone else made a pack of 5 or 6 maps with that scenery it might be better.... on the other hand you might just be wasting your time :/

High
January 8, 2003, 11:38 pm
make it to a texture..or you know ctf_beaver...there is this semi transparent white thing like fog on the right side of the map...mayb you can try that..

c0n
January 9, 2003, 12:06 am
the fog trick is to use the grey board, expand it as big as you want and then ch. the visibilty to what you want...other than that i dont anything like making a texture transparent or whatever...

ada89
January 9, 2003, 12:13 am
Hey i done the texture with my own pure work lol ( with the help of photoshop [:D] ) here it is..2 variation..pick..[:D]

Darac: yes..i know ur point and i hope someone will update the scenery thing and we can add our own scenery..and btw..i have done my homework [:D]

High: i will try that

Go here : http://uk.geocities.com/alam_dv/

Select this zip file Watertexvariation.zip

ada89
January 9, 2003, 12:16 am
Thanks cOn

High
January 9, 2003, 9:40 pm
ada89: so did it work?