( search forums )
Knife Catching
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
0xSilentx0
October 11, 2004, 2:46 am
if you press a certain button at the exact time the knife is about to hit you youll catch it :D or you can other knifes coming at you with another knife ur holding :D

mar77a
October 11, 2004, 3:21 am
Woa...It will be impossible unless you are playing only knifes...but nice idea though...

Dathker
October 11, 2004, 4:29 am
haha its should be made so that way you can catch it if you click at exactly the right time when you have just fist.. :) that would be great and then we could have knife catching contests :P

Ahhpple
October 11, 2004, 5:55 am
i duno... if the time frame is too long... ppl in a knife server will just keep tapping that and throw... but if its short, itd be good.

Vassili_Zaitsev
October 11, 2004, 9:45 am
hey ahhpple cool pic!

sounds like a good enough idea, but ppl will keep on katching ur knife coz wen u throw they
just keep tapping catch untill they do...no-one will ever get a throw-knife kill...
(if i have made any spooling mistikes, plz excuse me im tired...)

Teh Panda
October 11, 2004, 10:48 am
If it works like: Just right timing. If it is allways like tapping, it's not good. And i think it would be just a trick. No one would use it actively(is this word right?)

LazehBoi
October 11, 2004, 10:52 am
Although it's a really cool idea, I don't think it would fit in, really.

Alamo
October 11, 2004, 11:02 am
Ahhple your avatar is supposed to be 20k yours is 56k. Plz reduce the size.

I don't like the idea. Skilled players would just learn the right moment and catch every knife. And i would like to see you catch a knife i throw at you :)

Urhos
October 11, 2004, 2:05 pm
I would kill you, if this was implemented, and we would lose a cw coz of it >Q

KiLLBoT
October 11, 2004, 2:31 pm
Nevar!!!

mar77a
October 11, 2004, 3:35 pm
The idea looks nice...but to catch a knife you should be without weapon only.....

Urhos
October 11, 2004, 3:42 pm
but, what if there was a magnet gun, which would pull the weapons of the enemies to joo, O.o

Veronica
October 11, 2004, 3:50 pm
I wouldn't throw a knife at you knowing you could catch it. I want to see my knife strike you down, cut your limbs from your body and blood spraying all over the place.

papasurf31
October 11, 2004, 5:17 pm
^sounds like someone needs a hug^ I agree with him/her/it though.

DT
October 12, 2004, 3:35 pm
catching knifes.... what next

3rd_account
October 12, 2004, 9:01 pm
No. There's only one Jackie Chan! Not a thousand of them.

And think of the lag! Won't someone please think of the lag!
If the ping is 100, that means you'd lose 0.1 second, and that's about the travel time for a knife on short distance. So you'd had to press "catch" before he even threw the knife.

This idea sucks!

(post #666! 1337, here I come!!

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 13, 2004, 1:20 am
Next on the list, Press attack button at exactly .000000001 of a second without weapons to catch a Barret Bullet with your hand!

Dathker
October 13, 2004, 3:29 am
KCL!!!! whos up for knive catchin league :P

Jap_man
October 13, 2004, 7:38 am
It's a cool idea, though it doesnt quite...fit in

Rhombus
October 13, 2004, 11:51 am
Sorry raiden, but this Idea really sux. Indeed think of the lag, but hey, you ARE taking risks trying to catch a knife. You know what soldat is? Soldat is a simple, yet fun 2d shooter. As I said, SIMPLE. With all those stupid Ideas the gameplay would really be [:-censored]ed up. And before you say so... DONT let it be an option...

Alamo
October 13, 2004, 6:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfox
Next on the list, Press attack button at exactly .000000001 of a second without weapons to catch a Barret Bullet with your hand!

Yay for matrix mode!

Hanz
October 13, 2004, 7:25 pm
A good idea for the knife would be for it to stick out of your body when you are hit by hit. So if you are hit in the legs and you don't die, you will have a knife jetting out of your ankles...lol. I think the idea of catching the knife would take more out of the game then what it would put in. There would be a lot of knife only servers, plus the fact that it gets hard enough trying to hit people with the knife sometimes, we don't need them catching it...

Dathker
October 13, 2004, 11:14 pm
you know if you think about it... you can acctually catch knives... considering that i do it all the time :/

when its like falling and i go under it and i catch it :)