( search forums )
ctf_PennyLane - The Beatles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Skate4Razors
October 11, 2004, 11:44 pm
Here's a map I just started on, yes, it is after the Beatles. Penny Lane is a great song! Anyways, should I keep working on it? I got the color ideas from Boxo's map... Tell me what you think! :shock:

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

All I need to add is some scenery and um... Yeah, that's it really!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE - added scenery
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

I'm not sure if I should release it yet... Can you guys give me some suggestion, or improvments?

karmazon
October 11, 2004, 11:47 pm
More hiding spots XD
You need something to make this plain, head on map fun, so I suggest more hiding spots

peemonkey
October 11, 2004, 11:47 pm
scenery bad.
what's this got to do with the beatles??

Skate4Razors
October 11, 2004, 11:56 pm
Whoa, that was fast. Penny Lane is a song from the Beatles. I'll try to make some more hiding spots in a bit [:D] I'll get to work.

peemonkey
October 12, 2004, 12:00 am
ok, what does this map have to do with penny lane? (i know about the beatles, yo)

Skate4Razors
October 12, 2004, 2:33 am
It has nothing to do with The Beatles! I just couldn't come up with a name...[:-cyclops]

Rhombus
October 13, 2004, 6:42 pm
Howling hall of hell
cold cave of doom
strait stupid [:-censored]ty map that sux

pick one, just dont give the beatles a bad name by naming a [:-censored]ty map after them.

Skate4Razors
October 13, 2004, 7:17 pm
I love you [:D] I'm guessing your a white wigger, and has nothing better to do than critisize my map...

mar77a
November 13, 2004, 3:01 pm
i guess gameplay will suck, cause there is only one way to the flags...

Rhombus
November 28, 2004, 6:11 pm
dude, I aint no wigger. Im white, but nah, im not a wigger. Geez [IMAGE], you can say about whites what you want, but i know that if i say "I HATE NIGGERS" the way ppl think i mean it, Ill get an IP ban.

mipit
November 28, 2004, 6:44 pm
1. More scenery
2. sniping spots
3. hiding places
4. more routs to the flag (snipers will dominate with one way)
5. base to the left has a advantage being higher than the right so left can snipe better.
6. some thing goes here.

Alamo
November 28, 2004, 6:47 pm
IMHO it has:
1. bad scenery
2. too straight design
3. too dark colors
4. lack of scenery
5. a too big length
6. unfair design (ascending to left flag is harder then running towards right flag)

Vijchtidoodah
December 1, 2004, 10:25 pm
I don't care what Rhombus or the other guys say, Skate4Razors, its a good piece of work that needs just a little bit of extra polish. Great job!

Fangus Deef
December 2, 2004, 1:10 am
change the name, yo...

Messiah
December 2, 2004, 2:54 am
Nice, not a bad map, but it kinda incourages camping :| one camper could take all of the other team out because they can shoot straight across the map, it would be better if it were more curved and wiggly.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 19, 2004, 3:49 am
hmmmm
its a pretty good map, i guess
all the negative points put foward by the opposition to this mape are in essence, valid.

subtitle: its a kewl map, but every1 is rite, snipas galore!

yea i have always toyed with the idea of a one-rout map, oh wait...i just made one! i forgot! how bout that! *wounders away looking slighty amused and dased*

Skate4Razors
December 24, 2004, 8:03 pm
Ok, guys, this thread is atleast 3 months old. I think I lost the map anyways :^/

Avarax
December 24, 2004, 9:22 pm
then why you bring the topic back? -.-

Maluno
December 27, 2004, 2:43 am
he didnt Vassili did.