( search forums )
Dividing Caps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
TIR_Blade
October 13, 2004, 2:55 am
I've mentioned this in another topic and Chakra notably told me to post it in a new thread. Which is good to hear some1 thinks it's alright.

The idea is:
-If 1 person gets the flag, than dies and a teamate recovers it and caps, the points should be split in half for the cap, so 13 for the player that actually capped and 12 for the player that contributed in the cap. So say i got the flag, than ran right to our flag, died, than one of our teamates got the flag and scores, both of us would be awarded for our efforts.

I think this could work for up to the last 3 player to touch the flag. So the person to actually cap gets 9, and the other 2 that contributed get 8 each. This would equalize the score and make it much more rewarding to get the flag as far as possible.

Any comments?

blackdevil0742
October 13, 2004, 6:27 am
it a ok idea but I don't want score points for capturing flags, I say remove it :)

edak
October 13, 2004, 6:48 am
I think it is an intelligent idea and surely it would reduce the number of n00bs killing team mates when friendly fire on to get 25 points. People who are aggressive and actually manage to get the opponents flag deserve some points. I dont agree with blackdevil about removing the points because nobody would be encouraged to get the flag in the first place, instead there'd be a lot more campers and the game would be simply about defence.

Social Poison
October 13, 2004, 6:55 am
I'm encouraged to get the flag because I like to effin' win :P

Ahhpple
October 13, 2004, 6:59 am
yea... i like ur idea.... thatll stop ppl from going like... oh, i didnt want the flag, i was waiting for u to respawn and get it.... :)

Rhombus
October 13, 2004, 7:22 am
So, if I get to the flag, walk a bit and get killed, my buddy picks up the flag (still in other base) and walks aaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll the way back, I get half the points? Dude....

TIR_Blade
October 13, 2004, 9:51 pm
Yea basicly, U took the bullet for him basicly...if he had gotten the flag in stead of u, he'd be dead...But u were agressive enough to get the flag and take the bullet to pass on the flag...Dam ur a hero...

Yakirx
October 14, 2004, 1:47 pm
Stupid idea..
Why do you care about your points?

DT
October 14, 2004, 4:00 pm
Why don't you care about YOUR points

TIR_Blade
October 14, 2004, 9:31 pm
Makes games use more teamwork, not hogging the flag to get the points...

KeFear
October 15, 2004, 3:44 pm
I like this idea. Sometimes it really annoys me if i get the flag, take it almost to the base, and some barretter or someone else shoots me, and a teammate gets the score from me. But i'm for our team to win, my first place is not so important. and it depends on the map to be defender or flag taker.

kevith
October 15, 2004, 5:09 pm
I like this idea, but I don't see why it should be limited to 3 "cap-contributors." Why not just divide the 25 points (or 30 in Inf) by however many people possessed the flag between it being grabbed and being capped? You could either give the leftover points to the grabber amd/or capper or just round up to the nearest whole number.

On a related note: If someone says they don't care about points, then why do they care whether this idea is implemented or not? Funny...

TIR_Blade
October 15, 2004, 9:37 pm
Tru kevith thought about that already tho... it could work but i just figured not too many people would care if they missed out on say 1 point for the flag capture...O and when i thought of how many limit i just thought of hockey, 2 assists, 1 goal.

KeFear
October 16, 2004, 12:12 am
And what about the defenders? Sometimes it would be impossible for cappers without them.. so anyone whoever takes part in the flag capture should get some points.. but thats difficult to determine who is supposed to get points from cap... so.. maybe the current system is unfair, but i think it's still reasonable

TIR_Blade
October 16, 2004, 12:53 am
Ehh i don't really think ur getting the point...it's impossible to add in the defense that didn't touch the flag because the game couldn't tell who that was. But at least the way im proposing gives every1 that contributes in the capture of the enemy flag (by holding it) would get points.

AnzX Vi3t
October 16, 2004, 1:46 am
Well...I dont really care about how many points i get when it comes to CTF but i think you idea is pretty clever...it'll stop noobs from tk for flag if its ff on like one of you said and there will be a bit more teamwork into it

Deleted User
October 16, 2004, 5:42 am
how the [:-censored] would this be possible? it sounds cool but i don't think it would work
k

cherubic
October 16, 2004, 10:57 am
its friggin easy....

just have three variables hold the last three players names or whatever that had the flag when it was captued.... could be implemented in minutes

Deleted User
October 16, 2004, 12:32 pm
my bad

papasurf31
October 16, 2004, 12:40 pm
Great idea. But, I think that the points should be divided more based on time. People who held the flag longer should get more points, while anyone who just grabbed the flag for a second and then got shot should get less points. Like this:
IF 2 or less people touch the flag:
Held flag longest: 15 points
Held flag 2nd longest: 10 points

IF 3 or more people touch the flag:
Held flag longest: 12 points
Held flag 2nd longest: 8 points
Held flag 3rd longest: 5 points

LazehBoi
October 16, 2004, 12:52 pm
I see how this would work, good idea~

Jap_man
October 16, 2004, 2:09 pm
good idea, it'd be great if this were to implemented into a future version of soldat. ;D

TIR_Blade
October 16, 2004, 9:10 pm
Thanx Papa Surf, best constructive critisicm i've seen in a while...Yea his addition to my idea would work just as well if not better than the original :D

Spectral
October 17, 2004, 4:58 pm
despite the fact that i dont really care about the points from caps, this is a good, logical suggestion

Malachi
October 18, 2004, 6:38 am
i would also like to see kills and total points logged seperatly in the stats screen