( search forums )
Why do some people have peoblems with germans?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
October 13, 2004, 9:09 pm
ok, so if i sometimes ask on a public if any germans are looking for a clan, in like 20% of cases i get chat responds like "i hate germans" or "NAZI!!!" and so on...
we had a dark history in the first and especially the second world war but why is there so much hate against us NOW, i mean we still have a certain responsability for what happened but why do some people think that we're still "evil"?

Tha Doggfather
October 13, 2004, 9:15 pm
because you take over our beaches and dig holes!

heh j/k

i havent got anything against germans

Deleted User
October 13, 2004, 9:17 pm
Me neither.

CbbLe
October 13, 2004, 9:22 pm
Germans are usually annoying cause they refuse to speak english (or maybe they can't)..and even when nobody is answering them they keep talking. I dunno but many german Soldat'ers are funny in that way :)

blackdevil0742
October 13, 2004, 9:28 pm
I don't have anything against germans

Deleted User
October 13, 2004, 9:31 pm
yeah, you re almost all european ^^

usually "they" are americans :|

Avskum
October 13, 2004, 10:01 pm
It seems like most germans i meet are self-centered
with no will to communicate with outsiders.
But i dont dislike germans, somehow theyre kinda funny.

kevith
October 13, 2004, 10:04 pm
I don't have anything against Germans.

JuiceBox
October 13, 2004, 10:14 pm
Because young americans are ignorant.

The Geologist
October 13, 2004, 11:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by JuiceBox
Because young americans are ignorant.

Most young Americans...definately not all, unless you plan to include yourself in that statement. I have nothing against Germans, being that I'm half German.

karmazon
October 13, 2004, 11:36 pm
There is this american guy that thinks he's german(he says that his half german, half italian, I always laugh my ass off, when americans say stuff like "im 25% irish and 50% italian and 25% russian") and he reads mein kampf and stuff like that and he always says something like "kiss my boots pig" in german XD
Oh yeah and now they made this movie about hitler, I forgot the title, but they showed him as a victim of war, and human with feelings....Anyway I dont have anything against germans, as long as they're not nazis or they dont have anything against me, my race or my country

that fuking sniper
October 14, 2004, 1:32 am
Hitler was a human like you and everyone else. Its the circumstance that sets people apart and defines their personalities. Not realizing that anyone in Hitler's position would have done the exact same thing will just set you back from understanding what really was it that drove him to do all he did.

liquidis x snake
October 14, 2004, 2:28 am
Coincidental that I'm reading Mein Kampf right now.

Anyway, I hate Germans because they kick my ass in most any online game I play.

Just kidding, I don't hate Germans.

I guess it's because Germany is so popular (historically) for World War II and Naziism and Hitler and what not.

It's a societal bias, and through time I guess it would wear off.

BManx2000
October 14, 2004, 2:39 am
For some reason, when I read TFS's post, I couldn't help thinking "that's total crap". I wonder why.

AerialAssault
October 14, 2004, 2:41 am
hell i love germans, i love the language. and i love the people. its the French i hate, frog [:-censored]s.

that fuking sniper
October 14, 2004, 3:32 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
For some reason, when I read TFS's post, I couldn't help thinking "that's total crap". I wonder why.

It's because a blind support of a popular opinion on any "tender" or controversial matter is the easy way to go. Suffice to say, I didnt really expect you to understand what is it that I said or meant by it.

karmazon
October 14, 2004, 3:37 am
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
Coincidental that I'm reading Mein Kampf right now.

I knew you were a nazi XD

BManx2000
October 14, 2004, 4:01 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000

It's because a blind support of a popular opinion on any "tender" or controversial matter is the easy way to go. Suffice to say, I didnt really expect you to understand what is it that I said or meant by it.

Oh yes, I forgot that the popular opinion on an issue is automatically wrong. It's just that you came awfully close to saying his actions were justified, which is kind of a bad thing to do.

karmazon
October 14, 2004, 4:22 am
Yeah you can't have conversation about germans without hitler XD

Duke33
October 14, 2004, 4:32 am
Nothing against Germans, WWII 50 years old news. Nazis, or any racism, is another matter.

TFS, I agree with "Hitler was a human like you and everyone else. Its the circumstance that sets people apart and defines their personalities." He was human--couldn't be anything else ;). And circumstance and situation affects everyone.

"Not realizing that anyone in Hitler's position would have done the exact same thing will just set you back from understanding what really was it that drove him to do all he did." That is extremely debatable. I sincerly doubt that anyone in his position would have committed all the atrocities that were committed. However, I don't have much knowledge of his background. So I will acknowledge that you know more than me, and may be right. But I refuse to agree that he remotely resembles a normal human being, with true morals, or that he was ever right, or that anyone in his position would do the same.

Incidently, using big words and complex sentences never helped anyone. If you want to communicate a thought, do it without the semantics and high-handed intellectualism. Please, and I mean no offense.

that fuking sniper
October 14, 2004, 4:51 am
Justified, Bmanx? That's relative. Justified to logical reasoning? Yes and no, depending on how you define logical reasoning. It's not that Hitler was randomly evil that made him do what he did, and it isnt just the fact that he was mad that drove him to commit all the atrocities and the mass-murders. No, I simply ask "why" instead of "what" or "who". Because "what/who" just give you the fact, and facts *never* speak for themselves. It's what you make out of the facts that really matters. Asking "why" will lead you to the reason Hitler did all he has done. In this case, asking "why" will tell you that Hitler was born in a time of great suffering for Germany and a great rage building up throughout Germany in general. Hitler, which was exposed to a number of anti-semitic influences, came to believe what he did. It was not entirely *his fault* that he was subjected to the circumstances that he was subjected to. If it wasnt Hitler that came up and harnessed all the rage that Germany was building up, and applied it to where it was popularly needed to be applied (a scapegoat, blaming Germany's horrible economical condition and the loss of WW1 on the Jews), then another person would come up and do just the same, because it wasnt about "who would be that one evil person that would lead the second world war", it was about "when is it about time that someone came up and spoke what the people wanted to hear". This is because the rage, and anti-semitism (which was growing more and more popular) was communally felt, though passive until someone finally brought it to light. And do believe me when I say, if you were in his place, lived the same life that he did, and were subjected to the same influences that he was subjected to, you would have done just the same, as I've said before.

There is no right or wrong in causality. (That's right, that crap you heard in Matrix: Reloaded? It actually is true). I can go on about this as to say that personality in itself is just an illusion. We just see people as the products of their person subjected to whatever life, influences, and circumstances they were subjected to. It just happens that every one of us has a completely different life, and so every one of us would therefore seem unique. Beneath it all, we are essentially clones. A mind is a mind, give two different minds the same life and influence and they will grow to be identical "personalities". Yes, I do think my view seems a bit rigid and lifeless, yet then again that's why I've had so much trouble accepting the simple and bare truth, looking hard at me.

And about me using "hard words": I dont think the speech that I dictate is that hard to interpret, as I am using simple English vocabulary that one might see every day in class. I consider the fact that it just sounds more charismatic if I flex my knowlege of the language as I lecture or whatnot. I also take whatever chance I get to practice my vocabulary and linguistic skills, as essays become more and more important in school, with ever-growing imphasis placed on how you use your language to do whatever you can to have a huge impact on your reader. Going back to that charisma factor.

Anyway, that might just make me sound like a pumpous ass, its just the fact that I dont really care if it does. One reason is simply that I really am a pumpous ass. Dont tell anyone ;) To quote a nice sig that I saw somewhere around these forums: "I'm not arrogant, I'm just better than you".

Heh.

Social Poison
October 14, 2004, 8:06 am
I've got two issues with your post, TFS... which is kinda wierd because I agree with you most of the time. Here goes:

quote:Not realizing that anyone in Hitler's position would have done the exact same thing will just set you back from understanding what really was it that drove him to do all he did.

The old addage... never use absolutes. Now... you did in turn do a good job of covering the base here in your most recent post... but still there's a slight flaw in your covering logic. It's generally considered true that nurture > nature. Now... taking that to heart... to say:

quote:and do believe me when I say, if you were in his place, lived the same life that he did, and were subjected to the same influences that he was subjected to, you would have done just the same, as I've said before.

is a little bit comical. Because think about it... if you were raised exactly the same as Hitler... in every aspect then you would, in fact, be Hitler. Your name would be Adolf... you would have been a struggling artist and had a beef with the jews due to childhood experiences... then you'd rise to power. You'd be influenced by currents styles to have the same moustache.

When you say "if you were in his shoes you'd do the same" is an attempt to bring stuff around that doesn't quite go along correctly. Because if you point at Bmanx and say "you'd do the same in his shoes" it almost implies that you're only talking about the bad stuff he did (mass genocide... etc). That's why it strikes a note of offence with people. It's calling them circumstancial murderers. Well... I would like to think that if Bmanx suddenly woke up in Hitler's body in 1938 history would be slightly different.

But history being the way it is and time being the way it is... Bmanx is bmanx, I'm me, and hitler was hitler. Last I checked we can't shuffle those matchings around at all.

So in short this whole post could be condensed to

TFS: If you grew up exactly like Hitler then you'd do exactly what he did.....
SP: Well no [:-censored]. If you grew up exactly like Hitler then you'd be Hitler... you wouldn't just act like him.

that fuking sniper
October 14, 2004, 8:15 am
Forcing me to get technical... meh, ok.

The theory that I tried to prove in my previous post is this: The lesser the difference in the experiences of 2 people, the lesser the differences are between their lives. So we basically agree on the same statement. And yes, if you are subjected to the *exact same circumstances* that Hitler was subjected to, you'd effectively *be* Hitler.

And now to more important matters: oral sex.

Toumaz
October 14, 2004, 9:01 am
I have nothing against them.

Deleted User
October 14, 2004, 12:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Social Poison
TFS: If you grew up exactly like Hitler then you'd do exactly what he did.....
SP: Well no [:-censored]. If you grew up exactly like Hitler then you'd be Hitler... you wouldn't just act like him.

well, no, the fact that made hitler so "mighty" is his "aura" on the "usual" people, he wasnt very well educated and intelligent, but he convinced people with is unbelievable charisma

Redmanticore
October 14, 2004, 1:23 pm
quote:
well, no, the fact that made hitler so "mighty" is his "aura" on the "usual" people, he wasnt very well educated and intelligent, but he convinced people with is unbelievable charisma

Well, thats atleast what the germans said, when they asked "Why did you follow Hitler"
I doubt it was JUST the Hitler, it couldve been any rightside-extremist, Hitler was just one of millions of possible chosens, and he was chosen. Randomly? That question i cannot answer, but i hope it was randomly, so there is something exciting in this life.

Meandor
October 14, 2004, 1:56 pm
I seriously doubt anyone experiencing the same exact life as another person's would act the same, both the way of thinking and personality are formed up in education, but i think their very nature is immutable. I still believe that 2 persons can be the exact same, but it would be more likely in the kind of people with a weak personality and low intelligence (as you can notice, these kind of people, even when easily influenced by more authoritative figures and think alike, still don't have the exact same opinions of the same subject) - Hitler's characteristics were so unique (in both bad and good ways) that it seems to me it's almost impossible for a person to have been the exact same, in the past and in the future.

Back to the actual subject: i stumbled in this comment while looking around - i find it to match more or less my opinions, and be very righteous, so i won't need to write something along these lines in my bad english :Q
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/board/nest/11752082

DeMonIc
October 14, 2004, 3:16 pm
I hate to admit it, but my homeland would've gotten out better if Germany wins the war...the fact they lost it, is due to the extreme anti semitism...the race for the nuclear weapon was ended when they found out that the top hungarian scientists working for germany on the matter, were indeed, very close, but they were jews.They escaped to america, where they helped the U.S. with their knowledge.
I don't hate Germans.
It's sad really: Trianon made thousands of lives horror...seperated from their families, from they're loved ones...and Hungary is now 1/3 of it's former self.

karmazon
October 14, 2004, 11:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meandor
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/board/nest/11752082</font>

I love this guy so much...

LazehBoi
October 15, 2004, 6:50 pm
Why do some people have problems with Germans? Because they suck.

ThaD
October 15, 2004, 10:02 pm
Rammstein rules :)

Deleted User
October 15, 2004, 10:05 pm
Oh wait, i have something against those germans that stick their noses to wrong directories. You know what i am talking about avarax. ;P

ClanKwH
October 15, 2004, 11:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi
Why do some people have problems with Germans? Because they suck.
Aussie... Says it all[;)]

Deleted User
October 22, 2004, 8:11 pm
i got nothing against germans. german girls rock ;P

LazehBoi
October 22, 2004, 9:46 pm
Says what all? :O I'm considering going to Germany when i'm older XD
Basically, USA hates everything outside of the USA. Same goes with most Aussies. :D