( search forums )
King of the Hill (before u pass it off, LOOK!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
TIR_Blade
October 13, 2004, 10:52 pm
Name: King of The Hill

Players: 2-4 teams. 12 players.

Objective: Hold the base(s) to gain points, the long u hold it, the more points you'll get.

Description/Details: As your team, u reach area's that are called "Hill's" or "Base's" or w/e. Once u reach that area, u'll continually get points like u do if u keep the flag for blue team. So 1 point each 3 seconds. If your team holds multiple bases u'll get 1 point times the amount of bases you hold. There are 2 game options that could be implemented...:

1.Super Competitive Option: If you have 2 teams, you could have a battle for 1 base. Or 3 teams, 1-2 bases, 4 teams, 2 bases. This would create much more fighting in certain area's called Hill's or Base's. It would create a large tension area and a competitive nature to kill your opponents and get the hill. This would have only 1-2 teams gettings points at a time, making it a more controlled and dependant on killing game.

2.Public/Frenzy type Option: If you have 2 teams, you could have 2-3 bases, giving teams incentive to go out and try to capture more bases to control a majority of the game. With 3 teams, 3-4 bases. And 4 teams, 4-6 bases. This would be more effective in Public games rather than competitions because it is slightely dependant on just getting to the empty base rather than pure skill. It puts more pressure on the players to capture a base rather than to Kill a player however in alot of cases this can result in "FUN FUN FUN".

Oppinions...?

O FYI, i've been suggesting this idea for about a year, now i've just simplified and explained it very clearly.

The Geologist
October 13, 2004, 11:27 pm
Damn I love that search option...

TIR_Blade
October 13, 2004, 11:47 pm
Trust me i know the suggestions was already there...I even made what is probably the first one...This is a Way simplified yet expanded idea...Just thought, new members, new topic. Neways it was ignored by most people last time i posted it...Just give your oppinions if u have some...

Social Poison
October 13, 2004, 11:59 pm
It is always better to bump an old topic than make a new one.

Meandor
October 14, 2004, 1:21 pm
The reason i lock threads with ideas that have been suggested already is because more attention should be given to new ones, if people just keep bringing up old stuff, good new suggestions might pass on ignored. Even if i must say there aren't many good at all :| (or that even make sense)