( search forums )
Sentry Turrets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
XpertNoob
October 14, 2004, 1:36 pm
Easy to think of, It should be a rare equipment that is found only one part of the map maybe. You only get one in each pack right. U plant it and it blasts the phuck out of anyone who comes near it. But these can die easily!!

Just need explosive weaponry to kill em. So what you think? [;)]

Well not near it, as long as there is a enemy in its sight it should shoot at em. They also should have rapid fire, but! wat about cooldowns on em, or limited ammo? Cooldowns prevent it from pinning down players and forcing it to take short breaks to get its bearings back to start shooting again.

For limited ammo, The sentry could have like 300 or...550 Ammuntion and the repeat rate is.........meh i cant say... who agree's with this?

DeMonIc
October 14, 2004, 1:42 pm
Too much Team fortress for you.
And soldat is too fast for that sort of thing imho, so nono.

XpertNoob
October 14, 2004, 1:45 pm
i think its a good idea for any mode, and wtf is team fortress? i havent played that.

3rd_account
October 14, 2004, 2:24 pm
Then what about Perfect Dark or Tribes Vengence?
Soldat is fun because it's simple and fast paced. I wouldn't approve noobs planting out turrets around the flag instead of fighting.

Begun, the flame war has...

DT
October 14, 2004, 3:50 pm
plz use this [file]searchbutton.gif,12724,,[/file]

The Geologist
October 14, 2004, 6:16 pm
Wow...like a bot that doesn't move, has tons of ammo and rapid fire. Fun fun. But it's never gonna happen. [:-bunny]

Rhombus
October 14, 2004, 7:26 pm
does remind me of the laptop gun ye. While were on topic, why dont u get an explosivegun, like the dragon? If you get near it it explodes. No im not serious, why? Dude i like the idea but it would [:-censored] up soldat. It just doesnt fit in.

Deleted User
October 16, 2004, 5:58 am
why does 'sentry turret bonus' sound so much like 'camper noobs'? this sounds just like a stat gun in a box. bleah

Teh Panda
October 16, 2004, 11:41 am
very bad idea. Dont mix TFC to Soldat... Dont mix any other games to soldat.

EDIT: AMEN!

Jap_man
October 16, 2004, 12:06 pm
uhhh, i dont think we need another weapon in soldat o.O

die nadel
October 18, 2004, 7:33 am
i don't think we need a "stupid camper bot on a stat gun" bonus...

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 18, 2004, 8:08 am
If I want to get shot to pieces, I'd get a friend to do it, not a bot

Blackdeath
October 18, 2004, 3:46 pm
Lol no matter the topic it always comes back to flaming the camper n00bs. BURST INTO FLAMES!

DT
October 18, 2004, 4:08 pm
or me

Ahhpple
October 20, 2004, 6:52 am
dun like ur idea.... that'd get really annoying really fast. In soldat, most ctf/inf maps have 1-3 paths going from base to base... so ur basicly cutting one off.

DT
October 20, 2004, 6:52 pm
well if thier is turents... they would have to suck though... be destroyable and respawn takes a long time

Messiah
October 20, 2004, 7:25 pm
We dont need another barret or M79. Leave soldat the way it is for now please >_> Soldat is not supposed to be complicated and thats the way i like it plain and simple :) Nice try but its a nono

Blackdeath
October 25, 2004, 2:39 am
Yes as much as I like the barrett and the m79 now I will have to agree Soldat is a simple game meant to be fast paced and fun. How is sitting and shooting at people with a turret fun? Exactly it's not. Go back to Halo (Another good game) lol simply because that is simply a slower shooter than soldat, and on another note I think that the stationary guns we have now are a big mistake.

Magniitude
October 26, 2004, 9:59 pm
1. ditto w/ evryone else
2. Wouldn't work becuase if its so easy to destroy, it'll be gone in like one shot from a m-79
3. Too many poeple would fight over who gets it; turns into a competition for whose team gets it.
4. oh yeah, TEAM FORTRESS is a multiplayer mod for Half-Life... i think i got that right...

Boer
November 6, 2004, 3:37 pm
Well i think the sentry guns that is already in place should be altered,
maby an 88mm one wich is actually a flak gun with proximity shells,
or a rapid fire gun that has a spin-up time like the minigun?? i dont really like thE way it is now..but as they say "you can only please some of the people all of the time and all of them some of the time"

kkazican
November 7, 2004, 9:41 pm
I think we should replace all sentry guns with artillery that launches hydrogen bombs causing all polygons to explode and soldiers to liquify. Then we go to the next map.

Boer
November 8, 2004, 6:06 am
har har