( search forums )
Graphical problems
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ynnePmoT
October 14, 2004, 9:29 pm
Howdy! I dont know if this was reported yet (i was banned for a year :* ) but i have problems with soldat. It doesnt bother me that much but, when i use a 32bit wallpaper it pisses me off. The main problem is that i run my screen at 32bit 1280x1024 (resolution aint the thing) and my graphics card is a 9200SE ATi Radeon (cheap.. no $$) yet it works fine. The problem is when i go into soldat to play some, and then finish and go to my desktop, the depth falls to 16bit (it happened also on my old GF 5200FX one) and so i have to set the depth again. Fun aint it? I have set the 32bit radio button in the options yet it doesnt work. I also installed the all new drivers and stuff, yet it doesnt fix anything. So i come to a conclusion, that it isnt worth giving 9$ or how much it is, for a game that causes such problems. I think that im not the only one with this bug and that other potential buyers should get the luxury to not have to go in the display options, to set the depth, dont you think? i would be happy for suggestions or any other help in this way.. yours trully TomPenny -> kisses to michal & styx :***

Michal
October 14, 2004, 11:01 pm
What version of Windows do you have? That used to happen to me when I had Windows 98 and Windows ME, once I got XP the problem stopped.

blackdevil0742
October 15, 2004, 6:59 am
maybe the .ini is read-only...check if it's 32bit in it. If not change it in the .ini manualy

ynnePmoT
October 16, 2004, 10:41 am
it happened everytime in win2000prof now in XP it happens once a while. .ini isnt read-only + is set to 32bit.. in my oppinion soldat should be more compatible..