( search forums )
Barret sniping question
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
MAsre
October 14, 2004, 10:10 pm
Hi, I am Sir Gunny (also has a pseudonym, as you see), moderator and beta tester for SD2... Gosh darn it, I just got soldat and its the most generous shareware I've ever seen!

I am a camper by nature, but also use Spas and AK, and I was wondering what the "sniper mode" was in the manual. Is there a scope on the light fifty and if so, how do you use it?

I don't wanna start a another sniping debate, but I couldn't help but notice that there was a thing going on about how not running out to face the world is... dishonorable. But do those people know how to switch to a secondary weapon?

_Mancer_
October 14, 2004, 10:26 pm
If you crouch or go in prone mod ( laying on stoumach ) Keep moving your mouse foreward and the scope will extend your view of the soldat area.

But it differes when your in crouch or prone.

If your in crouch, it doesnt show you as much as prone does.

BManx2000
October 14, 2004, 10:41 pm
If you prone or crouch, put the cursor on the edge of the screen and it will zoom out.

N1nj@
October 14, 2004, 11:28 pm
Are you really from USA? because I couldn't understand what are you asking for...

to switch to secondary weapon, press 'Q' the default key...

and to use the scope on the barret, drag your mouse to the side of the screen when crouching/proning.

ynnePmoT
October 15, 2004, 10:40 am
sniper mode? i think its just an interface.. u can use sniper line for extra no-ob camping or spraying, besides that, try some MOD or something.. dunno exactly what you want^^ :* kisses

Boxo
October 15, 2004, 5:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by MAsre
Hi, I am Sir Gunny (also has a pseudonym, as you see), moderator and beta tester for SD2... Gosh darn it, I just got soldat and its the most generous shareware I've ever seen!

I am a camper by nature, but also use Spas and AK, and I was wondering what the "sniper mode" was in the manual. Is there a scope on the light fifty and if so, how do you use it?

I don't wanna start a another sniping debate, but I couldn't help but notice that there was a thing going on about how not running out to face the world is... dishonorable. But do those people know how to switch to a secondary weapon?

The barrett in general is widely considered extremely lame. Soldat kinda is about running out to face the world, barretts and camping ruin the game for everyone, or at least force them to switch to barret to counter the overwhelming lameness. I'd advice you to go for AK or the shotgun. If you insist on barretting, camping is the lesser of two evils, since barret assaulters are even more uncounterable.

_Mancer_
October 15, 2004, 7:22 pm
quote:

The barrett in general is widely considered extremely lame. Soldat kinda is about running out to face the world, barretts and camping ruin the game for everyone, or at least force them to switch to barret to counter the overwhelming lameness. I'd advice you to go for AK or the shotgun. If you insist on barretting, camping is the lesser of two evils, since barret assaulters are even more uncounterable.

So your saying.. Camp so we can kill you easier? :o

BManx2000
October 15, 2004, 7:27 pm
How did that post get approved?

-karvinen-
October 15, 2004, 7:54 pm
Barrett is supposed to be used for sniping aka camping, not assaulting :x[:(!]

b00stA
October 15, 2004, 9:17 pm
(moved to lounge)

lieroguy
October 17, 2004, 6:59 am
Don't cry guys. Michael put the barrett in the game for a reason. IMO, it's usage is not up for question. It's in the game, therefore it is to be used. The point of the game is to win, and some people will not care how upset you get or how many insults you fling at them. They picked a weapon that kills you and they have fulfilled the game objective. If you can't counter it, then you need to practice, because I definitely can. Anti-barrett players... what a bunch of brain surgeons.

n00bface
October 17, 2004, 7:06 am
Oh jesus [:-censored]ing christ, He's asking a question about Snipe mode not how lame barret it is. When you prone and stretch the cursor out, your view will extend (There's not really any other way to do it in a 2D game).

MAsre
October 17, 2004, 7:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Boxo

I keep out my chainsaw 80% of the time... don't really like fast-fire weaps like AK or Mini etc, cuz I play realistic mode all the time.

And I thought the scope would turn the pointer into a magnifying window or something...

DT
October 19, 2004, 4:04 pm

whats SD2???