( search forums )
The Daily Show's John Stewart on Crossfire
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Social Poison
October 16, 2004, 9:15 am
Alright I apologize for not having a link for this (if someone finds it feel free to post) so you'll probably have to download this from your favorite P2P file sharing program.

Look for "John Stewart on Crossfire"

For those of you who don't know, Crossfire is a sort of right wing wannabe debate show where they basically just suck at life. It's like Rush Limbaugh or Hanity and Comlbs.

The Dailey Show is the number one watched 11 o'clock TV show. It's a fake news show which basically pokes fun at... well... everyone. John Stewart is the host.

John Stewart went onto Crossfire and in a 2v1 sort of matchup (usually it's 2v2) he proceded to make both of them look like total jackasses in front of their own audience, on their own turf.

Watch this video and prepare to laugh.

Host: We have to take a break... and I must say John, you're much funnier on your show.
John: That's funny... because you're just as much of a [:-censored] here as anywhere else.
<Crowd laughter>

[EDIT]

LxS found the vid clips because he's a sexy beast. here you go:

iFilm
-or-
Randomfoo
-or-
Indy Media

n00bface
October 16, 2004, 10:20 am
My favorite p2p program didn't find any search results :( What channel is crossfire on? I'm sure they'll do a rerun sooner or later, might as well look for a schedule :O I used to watch crossfire and always watch le daily show.

Social Poison
October 16, 2004, 6:08 pm
I highly doubt Crossfire will EVER rerun this episode, for the simple fact that Stewart owned them so bad. It's on CNN though.

liquidis x snake
October 16, 2004, 6:11 pm
I have yet to find a video.

-edit-

Found it.

http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2652831&htv=12
-or-
http://randomfoo.net/?p=2004_10_00_archive.inc#crossfire
-or-
http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/127303/index.php

Social Poison
October 16, 2004, 6:15 pm
That's not it. I found that transcript as I was running through... I emailed my buddy who had the weblink, it should be coming soon.

[EDIT]

AH! But your first link WAS right ;D

liquidis x snake
October 16, 2004, 6:16 pm
Oops, but the vid clips are right.

kevith
October 16, 2004, 6:21 pm
Aw LxS beat me to it...

but here's the transcript matching the video clips posted above (I didn't actually check the link you
had).

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0410/15/cf.01.html

Social Poison
October 16, 2004, 6:32 pm
Heh thanks for finding that LxS. Had a good laugh for the second time :D

liquidis x snake
October 16, 2004, 6:34 pm
Hahaha that was hilarious.

Jon - How old are you?
Tucker - 35.
Jon - And you wear a bowtie.

AHAHAAHA FAVORITE JOKE OF THE VIDEO.

Social Poison
October 16, 2004, 6:52 pm
The thing was he made those pot shots at them, all the while telling them that their format is partisan hackery.

kevith
October 16, 2004, 7:28 pm
One of my favorite exchanges:
quote:STEWART: Now, listen, I'm not suggesting that you're not a smart guy, because those are not easy to tie.

CARLSON: They're difficult.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: But the thing is that this -- you're doing theater, when you should be doing debate, which would be great.

BEGALA: We do, do...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: It's not honest. What you do is not honest. What you do is partisan hackery. And I will tell you why I know it.

CARLSON: You had John Kerry on your show and you sniff his throne and you're accusing us of partisan hackery?

STEWART: Absolutely.

CARLSON: You've got to be kidding me. He comes on and you...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: What is wrong with you?

That guy with the bowtie is/was a prick.

JuiceBox
October 16, 2004, 7:45 pm
The daily show is not fake.

Social Poison
October 17, 2004, 12:10 am
Well. I wouldn't go so far as to call it 100% truth either. I mean... it's better than Fox by a long shot... but in favor of the joke they often cut clips in order to make them more funny.

Though I can say with a grin on my face, the only time my whole family is in the same room at the same time is 11 PM monday through thursday.

The Geologist
October 17, 2004, 12:41 am
S.P....thank you for posting this topic! And thanks to all those who put forth the effort to find the clips...I wanted to see this on television but I missed it. Absolutely...hilarious. [:D]

Social Poison
October 17, 2004, 9:25 am
We aim to please here in the Soldat Lounge, Geologist... it's all in a days work.