( search forums )
Yo how do I play Demos?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Pigtard
October 16, 2004, 11:36 pm
I tried using Windows Media Player and Quicktime but they didn't work. What program do I need to use? Thanks.

Jap_man
October 17, 2004, 2:33 am
you need to go into soldat, then join game, then where you normally put in the serevr ip, put in the demo name or you can get diamond demo player here: http://www.selfkill.de/webv3/content/sd_redir.php?id=89

Kazuki
October 17, 2004, 3:47 am
Nah, you play them using Soldat. You should either download Diamond Demo Player or you type the demo's name into the IP address bar in Soldat (Join Game tab). You should put 0 in for the port and nothing as a pass. Then you just click on Join Game. So if I wanted to view a demo called "demo4," I'd type the following in:

IP: demo4
Port: 0

And then you click Join Game. To see the demos you have go to your Soldat directory, and check your Demo folder. All of your demos are stored there. :)

Alamo
October 17, 2004, 10:11 am
u use soldat for it.
Easiest way to do it is using this program: http://www.selfkill.de/webv3/content/sd_redir.php?id=89

You could also just insert the name of the demo in the 'ip' field, set the port to 0 and click join, but with Diamond Demo Player you have more options. :)

b00stA
October 17, 2004, 11:46 am
Pigtard, you could have read the MANUAL
or you could have used the SEARCH, which works really well.
..and then there is this lovely sticky by Hitman: Common Bugs, Problems, Questions etc list which says:
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
I've recorded them, now how do I play them?

We've had quite a few people asking how to play the demos they have recorded. For that there is the excellent Diamond Demo Player created by Pr0ger.

Extract the file in to the Soldat Directory and run it from there. Most people then create a shortcut to it on their desktop.

Pigtard
October 18, 2004, 1:04 am
Alright Ill download the Player. Thanks.

Harwin
October 20, 2004, 4:50 pm
But it says you can make Movies, doesnt it?

Messiah
October 20, 2004, 10:22 pm
Use the Search please as b00sta said. Also if you need any more help on making movies. Click on the link under my signature, itll help you make movies. And Once again The Search is your friend, dont forget about him :)

Deleted User
October 21, 2004, 7:16 pm
Remember if you use the server:demoname port 0-method, do not put the SDM extension.

wrong: demo.sdm
right: demo