( search forums )
Argh.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Razrb
October 17, 2004, 2:24 am
Hello, I'm new to the forums, Not the game. (since 1.~5). Anyhoo, Haven't played in an aeon or two. The lobby server seems to be bugged (might be the SP2 firewall). Do you all still use ASE (all seeing eye) ? And what servers do you all seem to meet eachother in?

A few More Questions....(sorry)

Are Custom Sights sill Illegal (the sights that show where the bullets with ----- gun will usualy land)?

Are games with more than 100 ping still laggy hell?

Is =-Dominator-= Clan still around?

I almost forgot ( accualy I did, This is an EDIT), Is the clasic "piss slide" still around?

Jap_man
October 17, 2004, 2:29 am
Uhh about the lobby server, it's currently down, but you might not have the 1.2 fix installed o.O.

Im not sure about the custom sights and dominator questions, but no games more than 100 ping isnt laggy as hell....i think...o.O

Spectral
October 17, 2004, 2:50 am
from what I see custom sights are now legal. lag has improved a good deal. and I doubt the Dominator clan is still around, I havn't ever seen one with such a tag, and clans don't often last an aeon or two

Kirby_106
October 17, 2004, 3:12 am
"Are Custom Sights sill Illegal (the sights that show where the bullets with ----- gun will usualy land)?"

What are these and how can I make/download one?

Kazuki
October 17, 2004, 3:21 am
To answer your first question, and very well, the lobby server is either down, or you have to download the newest version of the game (1.2) and the fix. In addition to that, check this topic for a list of some good servers in which most of us like to gather.

Also, if custom sights were illegal then, they should be illegal now. This means that you, Kirby, don't need to know, and you shouldn't care. [;)]

Edit: Haha, I forgot my manners. Welcome to the forums. :)

lieroguy
October 17, 2004, 3:29 am
Michael posted in the help topics after I nagged about it that the server was having some hardware and compaitibility problems. Some pople could connect and some people could not. This went on almost a week. Wierd.

Welcome.

Kirby_106
October 17, 2004, 3:55 am
curse you Kazuki ;)

b00stA
October 17, 2004, 11:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Razrb
Hello, I'm new to the forums, Not the game. (since 1.~5). Anyhoo, Haven't played in an aeon or two. The lobby server seems to be bugged (might be the SP2 firewall). Do you all still use ASE (all seeing eye) ? And what servers do you all seem to meet eachother in?

A few More Questions....(sorry)

Are Custom Sights sill Illegal (the sights that show where the bullets with ----- gun will usualy land)?

Are games with more than 100 ping still laggy hell?

Is =-Dominator-= Clan still around?

I almost forgot ( accualy I did, This is an EDIT), Is the clasic "piss slide" still around?

Those are all questions that you can answer by yourself..
Get the Soldat 1.2 fix. If the lobby still doesn't work, it's offline.
ASE still supports Soldat, yes.
Custom sights that show where the shot will land? Those never really existed, because it's not possible. Only for a certain weapon and a specific angle, otherwise it's non-sense. There's a built-in sniper line in Soldat now. Just play and see for yourself, instead of asking here..
100 ping = laggy? Find out for yourself..

I don't have a clue what you mean with piss slide, sorry..

Razrb
October 17, 2004, 2:51 pm
Well, I guess my old clan is gone :(. Oh well, Guess I have to find a new one.

The Custom sights I've seen (but never ried) were something like this....
l_
/.\x/
and X is where most bullets land at a 90 degree angle

The piss slide... There was a bug in 1.5 where if you held duck on a certain angle, you will slide... so /piss and it was a "piss slide"

Sprocket
October 18, 2004, 12:05 pm
Lol..[:D]
lag sucks

Element_101
October 18, 2004, 12:59 pm
100 ping is not that bad at all.

b00stA
October 18, 2004, 1:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sprocket
Lol..[:D]
lag sucks
If you don't have anything to say, just don't post.

Blackdeath
October 19, 2004, 1:09 am
welcome to the forums...and can I get a "good deal" on that custom sight thing?

die nadel
October 19, 2004, 5:53 am
even if somone does respond it'll get censored before you get a chance to read it...

ynnePmoT
October 19, 2004, 11:52 am
:O dunno if this fits here, but.. USA only forums? :O every 2nd user is from the states ^^

Razrb
October 20, 2004, 9:59 pm
Yeah, the crosshairs are not legal, and are gone too, the place where you would have gotten than is gone (no more asking). I was in a game about 30 minutes ago and there was a discusion about it.

over 100 ping games are still laging hell for me, I ge the jumpy people and bulets, the "lag dot" stays at a small green, but I still see a little jumpyness.... but it is not as bad as before. well, I'm still looking for a server to meet new people, mostly as a venture arond I find people that .......... im too annoyed by the BS that some people try to pull. well, drop me an email if you want to have a go at facing me in a "friendly' game of infil. Razrb@tampabay.rr.com I'm OFF!!! (to se the wizard! the wonderful wizard of soldat!.... I know that's corny)

Messiah
October 20, 2004, 10:09 pm
Um ok...100 ping isnt laggy as hell =/ And its called lag spikes, and thats just probably the server. Usally servers arent *laggy as hell* when its 100 ping. And the *search* option is your friend. And welcome to the forums :)

FliesLikeABrick
October 21, 2004, 1:23 am
God, people are retarded and blind.

N1nj@
October 21, 2004, 1:39 am
quote:Originally posted by ynnePmoT
:O dunno if this fits here, but.. USA only forums? :O every 2nd user is from the states ^^
fuking racist?

Drevay
October 21, 2004, 2:38 pm
Erm, I don't think he's being racist man - when you're racist you're descrimminating or putting stereotypes onto a specific ethnic group. He's just being assinine, if you may.

Anyway, so what if there's a lot of US posters? They seem like nice enough people to me.

lieroguy
October 21, 2004, 4:59 pm
It's easy to be racist sometimes, I personally am very cultured, and know the quirks of many races. I try not to let too much of it slip on the forums. I'm not the best example of an American, by the way. But like any nationality, some of us are good, most of us are pricks. It's like that anywhere you go.

KiLLBoT
October 21, 2004, 7:37 pm
Well put Lieroguy.. As for the "laggy as hell" part.. 100 ping usually isn't too bad. It depends on the server though. I get 150-180 ping on the Euro 100mbits, but it feels like 50. The only thing I notice is a bit more flag lag. Welcome to to the forums :)