( search forums )
In Game Instant Messenger
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Kelba
October 17, 2004, 5:35 am
Well I was thinking you could incorporate an In Game instant messenger...Since people do connect to the lobby, I think it would be possible. Only problem is how do you distinguish Screen Names?

Jap_man
October 17, 2004, 6:54 am
been suggested before, and i personally i dont like it

n00bface
October 17, 2004, 7:09 am
I hate it :| Just go irc.quakenet.org and join all of the many and highly populated Soldat Channels :O

Social Poison
October 17, 2004, 9:30 am
What's IRC?

Alamo
October 17, 2004, 10:16 am
you really don't know what irc is?
IRC = Internet Relay Chat. A chatting network like ICQ or MSN with the difference that it's way bigger and has channels with multiple users instead of single conversations. If you want to know more, ask www.google.com :)

Kelba
October 17, 2004, 4:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
I hate it :| Just go irc.quakenet.org and join all of the many and highly populated Soldat Channels :O

I'm to lazy to Alt+Tab :( Well whats one of those highly populated channels? Im guessing #Soldat

Kazuki
October 17, 2004, 4:52 pm
Nah, the best Soldat channel would have to be #soldat.forums. Either way, Soldat is too simple to have an instant messenger. I like it that way. :P

Spectral
October 17, 2004, 4:56 pm
soldat channels: [URL]

the best is #s0][soldat

LazehBoi
October 17, 2004, 7:44 pm
Why pick one when you can put all of them on perform? >.> But yeah, mIRC or Xchat, www.mirc.com and www.xchat.org or something... I'm not interested in Xchat... Found it rather newbie-unfriendly and I already know what most things do on mIRC. But the mIRC plain theme is yuck... Ahh, pros/cons.. :P

I don't think Soldat would be too great with this chat service thing, but an in-game whisper command would be great. =/

NST ArRoW
October 17, 2004, 10:05 pm
I suggest using HydraIRC, it has a nice looking GUI, and is user friendly
[URL]

Kelba
October 17, 2004, 11:31 pm
Guys I'm not an irc newb -_- Anyway ya I usually just use mIRC...although its starting to become the AOL of Irc...ew

Spectral
October 18, 2004, 12:52 am
eww mIRC is way better than AOL

?
October 18, 2004, 1:02 am
spectral is better than warm bread on a cold winters eve....

Dathker
October 18, 2004, 5:28 am
i think there should be a soldat phone :D then i can call my buddies over soldat...who'd ever think

die nadel
October 18, 2004, 7:20 am
i think it might be an ok idea to have a lobby chatroom, i'd be easy to find players that wanna join a game so you could link up with friends etc