( search forums )
Can not Join Servers - Requesting Game
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ravertony
October 17, 2004, 6:53 pm
hi i'm new to the forum, name's tony. i'm havin this very weird problem with Soldat. I can see all the servers in the lobby but they all have pings with ??? and anytime i try to join a server it just requests the game forever, sometimes on some servers if i put the spectator option i can join in and watch people play but i can not join any teams. i have no firewall and no router. could anyone help me plz? thanks

Messiah
October 17, 2004, 7:02 pm
If you cant join Request servers again than click *Ping All* Than try and join try this a few times and you should be able to join. If your not able to join it just might be too laggy.

b00stA
October 17, 2004, 7:56 pm
I'd think that a firewall is blocking you from joining..

From the manual:
quote:Game Ports

Important! - If you have a firewall you should open the UDP game ports
default: 23073 for the server (can be changed in Soldat Setup) , client uses a default port: 23083 (can't be changed)
There is an option to join firewall servers without opening the ports, but only through the lobby server (through the server list - forwarding).

Messiah
October 17, 2004, 11:14 pm
Its not always a fire wall :P Thats happend to me before.

ravertony
October 18, 2004, 7:26 am
umm i have no third party firewall applications and the windows firewall is set to off. i tried your advice messiah i still get nothing whats goin on??