( search forums )
Map Maker source code released
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
October 17, 2004, 10:17 pm
I was planning to release the Soldat map file format specification but eventually decided to release the whole source code of the editor. I hope you can make use of it because I don't have time for updating the Map Maker.

All the files can be found here:
http://www.soldat.pl/downloads/MapMakerSrc.zip

For more information please visit this topic:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17886

Chakra
October 17, 2004, 11:23 pm
Yessss yessss...slowly soldat becomes OURS!

DeafBox
October 18, 2004, 12:57 am
hahaah cool :)
Hopefully some1 can fix up the map maker, that person not being me...

?
October 18, 2004, 1:03 am
My evil plan has worked... next the inferface maker... then MICHAL!!!!!

n00bface
October 18, 2004, 3:48 am
I want the source to michal. I will recompile him to have more time to work on future versions, yes yes I will.
I don't think anyone who plays soldat knows delphi :O My great aunt used to work for borland, so I actually do have a copy. Watch me as I transform the background color..to black! mwahaha.

liquidis x snake
October 18, 2004, 5:14 am
OMG Michal, j00 r post teh link to warez?! OMFG THAT IS TEH LEET.

Thanks Michal, glad you're opening up Soldat for the community to tinker with. Heres hoping to some poor bas-turd creating the perfect mapmaker.

die nadel
October 18, 2004, 7:14 am
hey thats pretty cool, if only i knew how to use it...

Jap_man
October 18, 2004, 10:40 am
awww it's times like this...I wish i knew how to program O.o

n00bface
October 18, 2004, 11:09 am
You guys can get a free 30 day trial of Delphi :O I already learned a few things. The source isn't as big as I expected either. And it works fine with Delphi 7, which is what the architect trial has.

Edit: The trial i guess is for "enterprise edition". You can request a free personal edition CD key :O There are some nice tutorials on delphi online also (I CAN MAKE FORMS THAT SUBMIT STUFF!! OMG!!!!!), but most of them are soooo incredibly old.

quote:Sorry if you're having a little trouble following, but this tutorial was made on Windows 3.11 with Delphi 1. I'm not sure it's the same with Windows 95 hahahahah

Sprocket
October 18, 2004, 11:50 am
OMG!!! this opens a gate of aportunities!

i will see what i can make of this.

chakapoko maker
October 18, 2004, 1:52 pm
it really encourages the mapping community
soldat lasts long more and more [:D]

Blackdeath
October 18, 2004, 3:53 pm
source code is fun, now if we can just get our grubby little palms on the beta we'd be all set.

Soulsnipa
October 19, 2004, 8:09 am
so what EXACTLY can u do...just easy to do stuff...or can u make it have animations and stuff to run in the actual game.

Rhombus
October 19, 2004, 9:38 am
well if you can pull that off.... I love you.

b00stA
October 19, 2004, 10:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipa
so what EXACTLY can u do...just easy to do stuff...or can u make it have animations and stuff to run in the actual game.

You can't really add new things to the game itself.
The map maker source code let's you update the current map maker to have more functions, but it won't affect the game itself.
For example you could make polygons snap together or fix some bugs..

Rhombus
October 19, 2004, 11:28 am
ok... michal, give us the soldat source code plz.

cooz
October 19, 2004, 11:45 am
rhombus, u are joking, right?
i hope so...

y0da
October 19, 2004, 6:12 pm
qiut yaping, start doing NEW MapMakers!

GluLm
October 19, 2004, 11:48 pm
This is purely great.
*nods*

Element_101
October 20, 2004, 11:24 am
Nice, I tryed to learn some programing a couple of months ago but I got borred and frustated with in the first 10 minutes so I quit.

Droopy
October 20, 2004, 7:57 pm
OMTEHG!!!

THANKS MITCH!

This is so kewl!

NuZZ
October 22, 2004, 6:09 am
Wow, :)
Damn, since... Now I finaly know what a source code is used for... Lol I thought it was like some thing like a CD KEY for hackers and stuff. But I dunnu.
So basicly... When can we expect a new map maker...
I find this really confusing, cus cant someone like make this hacker kinda map thats just wrecking the boundries of soldat? Like in diablo 2, hack characters, and that kinda thing...

STEELIX
October 22, 2004, 10:14 am
this shouldnt be able to be used on the game itself, just on the mapmaker... basically, the worst thing that could happen is some guy that makes a map with more scenery than allowed and such, nothing to worry about ;)

Hitman
October 22, 2004, 11:28 am
quote:Originally posted by NuZZ
Wow, :)
Damn, since... Now I finaly know what a source code is used for... Lol I thought it was like some thing like a CD KEY for hackers and stuff. But I dunnu.
So basicly... When can we expect a new map maker...
I find this really confusing, cus cant someone like make this hacker kinda map thats just wrecking the boundries of soldat? Like in diablo 2, hack characters, and that kinda thing...
You are a dumbass.

LazehBoi
October 22, 2004, 11:30 am
ARGH POKEMON

NuZZ, the mapmaker is limited to the abilities of the game, there isn't really anything bad that could be done with it...

Darac
February 5, 2005, 9:28 am
with a new map maker id consider coming back and creating some more maps >:) i never got into it after 1.2 came out and i couldnt use the old 3rd party map maker.

bb_vb
February 6, 2005, 1:45 am
Darac! Long time no see! There are a couple of new mm's out there, but progress seems to have slowed somewhat. It'd be sweet if you came back, more great maps for the community.

Darac
February 8, 2005, 11:33 am
ill have a look into the these map makers in a few weeks maybe. when i settle into dunedin(city i study at) and my new flat again.

-ants

zambo_the_clown
March 2, 2005, 6:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceYou guys can get a free 30 day trial of Delphi :O I already learned a few things. The source isn't as big as I expected either. And it works fine with Delphi 7, which is what the architect trial has.

Edit: The trial i guess is for "enterprise edition". You can request a free personal edition CD key :O There are some nice tutorials on delphi online also (I CAN MAKE FORMS THAT SUBMIT STUFF!! OMG!!!!!), but most of them are soooo incredibly old.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Sorry if you're having a little trouble following, but this tutorial was made on Windows 3.11 with Delphi 1. I'm not sure it's the same with Windows 95 hahahahah
[/quote]

ww.freebyte.com has free delphi programs, compiler, ect.... no need for trials unless you like setting your computer's date back.

wormdundee
March 3, 2005, 2:26 am
meh, i learned turbo pascal (yeh, i know, i was just doing it for fun) but now i have no time, so shall i continue my journey of programmingness when summer comes around

on topic, this will be awesome, someone better make an uber mapmaker that is extremely user friendly