( search forums )
bow and arrows as standard weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Malachi
October 18, 2004, 6:31 am
title pretty much speaks for itself...
i would like to see a bow as either a primary or even a secondary weapon, power about that of a ruger and range similar to m79 maybe more (weaker of course if made a secondary weapon)

The Geologist
October 18, 2004, 6:50 am
You leave this topic very open ended. Mentioning nothing of reloading time, ammo capacity, etc...just power and range. Leave the bow in Rambo mode. We don't need to make another barrett.

Deleted User
October 18, 2004, 7:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Malachi
title pretty much speaks for itself...
i would like to see a bow as either a primary or even a secondary weapon, power about that of a ruger and range similar to m79 maybe more (weaker of course if made a secondary weapon)

No way!
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Leave the bow in Rambo mode.
If the bow was made as a primary/secondary, what would happen to the Rambo mode? Think before you post.

die nadel
October 18, 2004, 7:16 am
yeah i agree, the bow is a lame idea, no offense but the bow is for rambo mode and medieval games, not cool games like soldat

T-Money
October 18, 2004, 11:43 am
Eh, I would kind of like it....anyone whos played 0.94 knows how much fun it is to type in /bow and go nuts. It would be okay if the bow was implemented, maybe with the power and range of the ruger, reload of the rambo bow.

Sprocket
October 18, 2004, 11:48 am
i don't like this idea.. the bow would not fit in with the guns.

Jap_man
October 18, 2004, 12:13 pm
yea, this idea is pretty bad, we really dont need the bow as a standard weapon, just keep it in rambo O.o

AerialAssault
October 18, 2004, 12:21 pm
i says naye!!

DT
October 18, 2004, 3:19 pm
Yes barrets that reload faster...

blackdevil0742
October 18, 2004, 3:30 pm
why why why
Why do we have Rambo mode then

DT
October 18, 2004, 4:11 pm
for the bow and that kickass headband... god i want one for my soldat

Mr Morfina
October 18, 2004, 4:18 pm
LEAVE THE BOWS ALONE !! nobody likes them !
do u want 5 noobs per game shooting "exploding bows" all the time ??

DT
October 18, 2004, 7:49 pm
That would be pretty cool...

kevith
October 18, 2004, 8:14 pm
I think a few of you are missing the suggestion here. He doesn't want the "Rambo Bow" in the normal game... he just wants to have a bow as a normal weapon. One with "power about that of a ruger and range similar to m79 maybe..."

kkazican
October 18, 2004, 9:16 pm
Maybe when someone makes a medieval mod that will be the first thing on there. But until then no.

Famine
October 18, 2004, 11:48 pm
This could be a great idea IF handled properly.

First Reload and recoil time are very short...infact NO reload time..you dont LOAD bows

Strength...Semi weak, abit stronger then an ak-47.

Accuracy, in between an m79 and ak 47

If you could make it balanced...it would prove useful

Malachi
October 18, 2004, 11:55 pm
thats exactly what i was going for, im not talking about crazy powered super exploding arrows, i just think i fair and balacned bow would add another weapon unlike any of the others. an arcing weapon that doesnt explode and that needs a direct hit, and a couple of them to kill, would be very difficult to use but, im my opinion, very entertaining. and maybe it just doesnt fit...

Mirrorman
October 19, 2004, 12:13 am
not the brightest idea... soldat is supposed to be a modern war game... that is why the game is completely closed to the ideas of swords and bows... I'm sure you could be perfectly happy if you made a mod changing the ruger or barret to a Bow and Arrow set... or get someone real good at modding to do it for ya if they'd be willing, you probably won't ever see bow and arrows (other than in rambo mode) in the game

Malachi
October 19, 2004, 2:00 am
alright, just a thought, obviously not a well recieved one.. but it clearly just doesnt work with the soldat setting, thanks for all the input.

DT
October 19, 2004, 3:44 pm
your welcome... i guess

Ahhpple
October 20, 2004, 6:48 am
i dun like the idea... i think itd be used like the barret or m79 (way too much)

Messiah
October 20, 2004, 4:54 pm
I agree with you Geo. Leave the Bow in Peace.

Cookie.
October 20, 2004, 9:46 pm
"...infact NO reload time..you dont LOAD bows"

you dont? i thought u did....

Messiah
October 20, 2004, 10:13 pm
The bow reloads but only for like 0.5 sec you can kill 10 people in 5 sec. Its extremely fast and wouldnt work. Its worse than barret For [:-censored]s Sake. We dont need a super barret. Which will make barret look like its not annoying. =/ As i said before...Leave the Bow in peace pleasee....

Magniitude
October 25, 2004, 9:53 pm
I think it actually would be a good idea. it would be cool to have it as a primary weapon (but the the power WAAAY down) i would think some where along the lines of the desert eagles' power and ammo capacity and rate of fire. Just as a "bow" not a "rambo" bow. It would be a great addition to the game.[;)]

DT
October 26, 2004, 4:53 pm
great turn the deagles to a bow...

Liquid Metal
October 29, 2004, 10:02 am
Maybe if a bonus yes, but no way primary/secondary. It doesn't fit in with the other guns.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 3:52 pm
GEOLOGIST ARE YOU THICK IN THE HEAD????????? ITS A BOW AND ARROW, ARROW, 1, 1 arrow, its not a full auto rambo bow cannon.
also malachi, secondaries aren't weaker, look at the LAW and the Combat Knife, deadly fukn weapons, but secondary, just cos it's secondary doesn't mean it's gunna deal more damage then taking a drink. look at cs for example, Deagle 7 shots, 2 chest shots eqauls your dead.

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 9:30 am
bloody hell leave the mother [IMAGE]ing bow alone

Alamo
December 4, 2004, 12:28 pm
ug ppl. Everyone says bows are medieeval. Have you seen modern bows made of modern materials? If you are skilled you can get up to 75kg of tension in them. They shoot very far and very hard... So what do you have against a bow in the game...
But we don't have any number keys anymore...

mipit
December 4, 2004, 12:41 pm
Fine you guys downt want a bow in the game why not have a CROSS-Bow hehe

Marine
December 4, 2004, 4:46 pm
If any of you have really actually fired a bow in your life, you would know it takes a very skilled user to reload in .5 seconds.

If were talking about medieval bows, well, archers were only able to get off at most, 6 volleys a minute. Not much.

diediedie119
December 8, 2004, 8:58 pm
yes but its quite alot of damage if all the arrows hit you