( search forums )
AFK button...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Mirrorman
October 20, 2004, 9:49 pm
useful incorporation... the AFK button, if a player has to leave for any undetermined reason if they press * for example, a flashing light that says AFK will appear above their head, so players know they aren't there and not just being an idiot and others will know that they aren't typing, during AFK mode, you can't move or shoot or anything, to deactivate, press * again, and the AFK light will go out and the soldier will go back to playing, would be useful if the phone rang or something, just my idea...

Messiah
October 20, 2004, 10:05 pm
Woa, Good Idea! Wow, This would be very useful, smart idea Mirror :O why didnt anyone think of this before :o Wow I think we should put this in right away! Im supporting this all the way :)

b00stA
October 20, 2004, 10:10 pm
Hahaha.. awesome.

No.
It just supports inactive players, which is very annoying, especially in team games.

go go idle kick

KnOt
October 20, 2004, 10:15 pm
:¬)

Messiah
October 20, 2004, 10:15 pm
Well...Its still useful. But like how can idle be annoying if its only for like 2 min. LIke someone comes to the door or the phone rings or something. Its only annoying when its like 10 min When someone goes to clean their room or go eat, for those just leave please >_>, or be kicked. So i agree with you b00sta and i dont. :)

kevith
October 21, 2004, 12:46 am
If you're going to be afk, leave the game. Just one player afk in a team game can really screw their team over pretty quickly. If it's really going to be "quick" then you can live with a few deaths. If not... see ya :)

kkazican
October 21, 2004, 1:28 am
WOW Look at the pretty flashing colors over his head. Now watch them fly 100mph as I grenade his body and his head flies off the map going 100mph. INTENSE!

I got it you hit the afk button and soldat closes with a pop-up that says you are currently afk. STOP WASTING SPACE! Soldat is then of course corrupted to the guy being dumb enough to tell everyone else he is not there so free points.

Messiah
October 21, 2004, 4:21 am
Yeah but dude, if its only for like 1 min whats the point of leaving and closing soldat >_> I still think its a good idea but if your leaving for like 10 min than [:-censored] leave but if its only for 1-3 min than fine. Hows it waste space, And when you come back you can rejoin to reset your score 0_o ever thought of that?

LazehBoi
October 21, 2004, 4:47 am
You can imagine the abuse this thing would get if it was put in.

Jap_man
October 21, 2004, 7:07 am
I like the idle kick idea better >_>

Teh Panda
October 21, 2004, 8:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Jap_man
I like the idle kick idea better >_>

You are not only one...

mad_cow11
October 21, 2004, 11:19 am
If you couldn't get hurt while the magic button was pressed people would just move an inch, press it, move an inch, press it, etc.

Rhombus
October 21, 2004, 11:23 am
let me get this straight, you see you are losing a battle, quickly press *, wait for the other guy to go away and get back in the match to heal. Yeah great idea![xx(]

Byrnier
October 21, 2004, 11:30 am
And imagine camping... just hit the AFK button until someone comes, then quickly come back on and get them.
But otherwies, a good idea... just think of the abuse.

Rhombus
October 21, 2004, 11:34 am
Welcome to the boards Byrnier. My oh my, your first post and its a whining one[:D] Good lord that cant be good! Neway thats true man. I dont want an AFK button and before anybody says so... NO DONT LET IT BE AN OPTION. Too much bloody options.

Liber_Lupus
October 21, 2004, 1:47 pm
hmm this idea would be ok if you could only have afk thingy on for 1-1,5 min, after that you'll get automaticly kicked.

Rhombus
October 21, 2004, 2:04 pm
that wuld be too short for everybody, but long enuf for ppl to wait till their enemy is gone.

Messiah
October 21, 2004, 3:09 pm
Yeah, i get it now i guess it would probably have alot of bugs plus, people would abuse it. It sounded like a good idea but there would be too many confilicts and problems, Abusers, Bugs etc.

Deleted User
October 21, 2004, 5:04 pm
cant you imagine barretards camping behind AFK peeps? [:-bigeyes2]

n00bface
October 21, 2004, 5:16 pm
No matter what this is a bad idea. I ban people in my server for AFKing more than 30 seconds. It _really_ [:-censored]s the teams up.

DT
October 21, 2004, 6:52 pm
i say idle kick.... so much easier then afk

Social Poison
October 21, 2004, 7:26 pm
quote:Byrnier
And imagine camping... just hit the AFK button until someone comes, then quickly come back on and get them.
But otherwies, a good idea... just think of the abuse.

Rhombus
Welcome to the boards Byrnier. My oh my, your first post and its a whining one Good lord that cant be good![/quote]

Don't be an asshole, Rhombus, he was right.

DannyLB
October 21, 2004, 7:40 pm
as b00sta said, NO.

Would you realy like to have 4 teammates that are AFK-ed and not idle kicked so that active players could join?

Sekushi
October 21, 2004, 10:20 pm
Idle kick > AFK button

edak
October 22, 2004, 3:44 am
I think some of you have the wrong idea about the button. Firstly he said that you couldn't move or shoot, but never said you couldn't be killed! READ ON. If you are idle because you have to skull your beer or something, i don't think you shoud instantly have to exit. A timer is a good idea, kick them if more than 1 min idle! The button is unnecessary though and players should quit if they are afking too long. After all some servers fill up and have a multitude of people waiting to play in it!

DT
October 22, 2004, 6:26 pm
heh.... 10 sec idle kick... campers would be forced to move once in a while... for once

edak
October 22, 2004, 11:18 pm
No comment on that! I DONT WANT A WAR!