( search forums )
23rd of October 1956
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
DeMonIc
October 23, 2004, 3:52 pm
I'm sure, to many people out there, this date means nothing.
But 48 years ago, on this day, Hungary revolted against the Sovjet army that conquered our country.It looked like the freedom fighters truly accomplished they're goal: but a few days after, the Sovjets came back...a lot of people died: even 12 year old children fought the russians.
Also, the national defense ministry shot in the crowd: hundreds of innocents died then.
In this time, you couldn't even talk freely: noone knew who was working for the defense ministry...often at midnight, the agents came and took away those that said anything bad about the goverment...they rarely came back.
October 23 was the day when Hungary showed that even the smallest country can hit the giant Soviet Union hard.

n00bface
October 23, 2004, 4:05 pm
Congratulations.

Melba
October 23, 2004, 4:07 pm
Partay.

_Mancer_
October 23, 2004, 4:40 pm
w00t.

Shyo
October 23, 2004, 5:09 pm
you are winner!

Pulp
October 23, 2004, 5:21 pm
A glorious day for Hungary, for Eastern Europe.

[IMAGE]

LazehBoi
October 23, 2004, 5:25 pm
Awesome. Didn't know that. :O

Deleted User
October 23, 2004, 5:29 pm
Russia, you are the weakest link, GOODBYE!

Hitman
October 23, 2004, 5:58 pm
Lame.

Edit: ..Stalky's joke..

Spectral
October 23, 2004, 7:32 pm
today's a good day

Liber_Lupus
October 23, 2004, 8:09 pm
Lucky our little country didnt have to fight. Russians decided their so rude to be here and they left almost peacefully. But some of them still remained here graahhhh...

-Keinonen-
October 23, 2004, 8:47 pm
Who couldn't hit soviets? Even Afghans could do it. Finns were in an open war with the motherfuking soviets and we still remained as an intependent country after the war and we definetly lacked ammo & supplies during winter war and continuation war.

Losses:

Winter war:
Finns: 20 000 Soviets: 71 214

Continuation war:
Finns: 66 000 Soviets: 305 000

DeMonIc
October 23, 2004, 9:43 pm
Because we hit the Sovjets without an army.Get it?They came in, conquered everything, we were defenseless, but we stood up.The people stood up: not the army.

Weed
October 23, 2004, 11:01 pm
and that is what we should love about 3rd world countries
the people fight against armies, civil wars, and then, they turn into the dumpster they turn out to be. now, 50 years later, both the countries are in a stinkhole. so who gives a damn?
hungarians can go to hell if they want, same with communists. not russians tho, they rock ^_^

ClanKwH
October 23, 2004, 11:03 pm
LoL Danish freedom fighters also killed lots of germans in ww2???

-Keinonen-
October 24, 2004, 10:34 am
...then ppl were crushed and soviets took a good grab of Hungary's ass. And besides if I know anything about winter war & continuation war, over 90% Finnish forces considered just normal craftsmen and peasants, so it's pretty same thing

DeMonIc
October 24, 2004, 2:33 pm
Weed if you don't have anything usefull to say, shut the [:-censored] up.I do that sometimes, and it works :P

Keinonen: Here, a good part of the freedom fighters were kids my age.So I doubt it's the same.A war on your borders and a war inside your country is never the same.

Avskum
October 24, 2004, 3:25 pm
Demonic, why do you neglect that other people have faught and suffered as much as yours?
Dont just shoo Keino off! ;_;

DeMonIc
October 24, 2004, 4:05 pm
Did I say a word about Finland not fighting or suffering?

Avskum
October 24, 2004, 5:00 pm
Youre having an attitude, its the same thing.
Read your posts.

palloco
October 24, 2004, 5:09 pm
He is just showing how nice is being manipulated.

-Keinonen-
October 24, 2004, 6:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
Weed if you don't have anything usefull to say, shut the [:-censored] up.I do that sometimes, and it works :P

Keinonen: Here, a good part of the freedom fighters were kids my age.So I doubt it's the same.A war on your borders and a war inside your country is never the same.

It is pretty same. War on borders touches the inner country also. My aged boys were part of Civil Guard(semi-militaristic scout organization) during the war, biggest cities(Finnish big cities 100 - 400 thousand ppl) suffered civil losses from soviet air-raids, women acted as "Lottas"(military nurses/other non-combat military duties), some children were sent to safety in Sweden and those who stayed worked very hard to get food supplies for army.
As a result the whole country was mobilized for the defense and it touched us all pretty much.
The aftermath of these conflicts was just different. After the war(s) we lost some land and money, after the rebellion you lost 30 000 ppl.

2k34o
October 24, 2004, 7:36 pm
Because we hit the Sovjets without an army.Get it?They came in, conquered everything, we were defenseless, but we stood up.The people stood up: not the army.

if that would have happened today in U.S.A it would probably be called terrorism.

palloco
October 24, 2004, 7:55 pm
"It is pretty same."
"After the war(s) we lost some land and money, after the rebellion you lost 30 000 ppl."

LOL dude, if you say they are the same why are you calling them different?

Hitman
October 24, 2004, 8:30 pm
Stalin is my hero.

Jap_man
October 25, 2004, 7:46 am
lennin's cooler ;D
EDIT:
I just realised that 23rd october is when my mother was born O.o.
Real proof that my mum is evil or bad luck...or just a bitch

n00bface
October 25, 2004, 12:45 pm
It was also frogboy's birthday...

ThaD
October 25, 2004, 3:17 pm
some ppl just can't/don't want to understand the past

DeMonIc
October 25, 2004, 5:50 pm
Stalin:
"One man's death is a tragedy...1000000 death's is statistics."

-Keinonen-
October 26, 2004, 5:22 pm
Use the quote button ffs Palloco >_<
Don't quote individual sentences

quote:Originally posted by -Keinonen-

It is pretty same. War on borders touches the inner country also. My aged boys were part of Civil Guard(semi-militaristic scout organization) during the war, biggest cities(Finnish big cities 100 - 400 thousand ppl) suffered civil losses from soviet air-raids, women acted as "Lottas"(military nurses/other non-combat military duties), some children were sent to safety in Sweden and those who stayed worked very hard to get food supplies for army.
As a result the whole country was mobilized for the defense and it touched us all pretty much.
The aftermath of these conflicts was just different. After the war(s) we lost some land and money, after the rebellion you lost 30 000 ppl.

"A war on your borders and a war inside your country is never the same."
- "It is pretty same."

"The aftermath of these conflicts was just different. After the war(s) we lost some land and money, after the rebellion you lost 30 000 ppl."

In fever words('cause my English is bad):
War(s) ---> same
Aftermath of the war(s) ---> different
War(s) = killing, soviets getting pwnt
Aftermath of the war(s) = what happens after war(s), "winner's" justice

I hope I made my point clear now

palloco
October 26, 2004, 5:41 pm
You call(name) one war, and another one rebellion. Taht is not an aftermath, you call them different because they are different.

-Keinonen-
October 27, 2004, 1:01 pm
Fuken grammary debates...
Lemme try to sort this out(after this lets get back to topic)

Winter war & continuaton war touched Finns as much as 1956 rebellion touched Hungarians and our forces were kinda same; Soviets got hit by small countries whose armies consisted peasants, aged men and young kids.
Aftermath was different 'cause Finns suffered a loss of land and money, while Soviets conducted a genocide in Hungary.

palloco
October 27, 2004, 1:22 pm
ROFL.