( search forums )
My little speech
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
October 23, 2004, 7:13 pm
Why does someones skill in Soldat constitute their right to respect? I know I suck, you don't need to tell me, thats because I spend 20 minutes on soldat a day most days, usually against bots. And because I suck, why should I lose the right to comment on how good/bad the server I'm playing on is? If I wanted to be retarded, I'd leave the server - I shouldn't be banned for complaining about the lag/connection problems/bad packets/whatever. I appreciate the fact your score is higher than mine, but I really couldn't care less. I play the game for fun, and people who go around saying I suck because I can't beat them at Soldat ruin that fun. Its a frigging game! I stopped playing in clans because I hate competitiveness, so why must you bring that competition to friendly games?

You know who you are.

LazehBoi
October 23, 2004, 7:15 pm
That's why I don't do clan matches/duels. :D
I know I suck, but yeah, I don't care either, I play for fun.

DeMonIc
October 23, 2004, 7:23 pm
Yeah, [:-censored], come out and take it like a man!
But seriously, it's a damn video game, and if everyone would stop bitchin, and listen to others, we could all get along peacfuly, and speak about TITS and BOOBS.

Deleted User
October 23, 2004, 7:36 pm
Stalky you do know there is non competitive clans too? And anyways when i told that you suck more than hitman, etc. etc. i was just joking. :P

n00bface
October 23, 2004, 7:40 pm
Yeah hitman can be a [:-censored] like that sometimes, sorry about it. I hate evil nazi server owners. But still, it's very disrespectful to be a jackass with "OMG TAHT SERVER IS BAD PACKET LOSS IT SUX I CANT KILL U WIT MY LAW". When someone asks if there are any server with that certain game version available it is also disrespectful to say "OMFG YOU CAN PLAY ON TAHT SERVER BUT IT HAS MEGA PACKET LOSS AND IT SUCKS!!!!!". Saying a server sucks because your connection is [:-censored]ty to it is just as lame as saying you suck because your soldat skills are [:-censored]ty :O You're the only one with bad packet loss. That is why I respect Hitman's decision more. And sure, i respect you, but you still suck majorly at soldat. */me snickers...law assaulters...pfaahhahaha*

Edit- here is an example of a nice and honest comment, which is not what you said:

quote:I dislike this server because of my ping / the packet loss i am receiving at the moment

as opposed to your

quote:This server sucks i can't hit [:-censored] cuz of all this damn packet loss

edi2- some parts

quote:(Cold_Fusion) IPs to 1.2.1 servers?
(Stalkeh) shork.com / pass: [:-censored]

DeMonIc
October 23, 2004, 8:16 pm
To tell the truth, I think you're both taking this way too far.The server acted weirdly for some of us euro players for a while, and you guys start a flame war and bitching competition.Put a sock in it dudes.

n00bface
October 23, 2004, 8:20 pm
Then start a euro server, don't bitch at me because you live in a different country.

LazehBoi
October 23, 2004, 8:29 pm
Why euros whine about USA servers when they get better pings than us aussies... I'll never know. :D

kevith
October 23, 2004, 8:36 pm
There's a reason I don't usually play in Euro servers... THEY'RE FAR AWAY! Time for a group hug!

Weed
October 23, 2004, 8:41 pm
i believe the only mod in this forum who can play soldat is Meandor, the rest are a bunch of noobs who cant even shoot straight.

and Stalky, you suck major c0cks. big ones, to the end, all the way down.

thank you.

DeMonIc
October 23, 2004, 8:42 pm
Damnit, n00bface, your serves was still the best there is, but it was acting weird for a few hours.It's over now, Stalkeh is taking it overboard, that happens.Really, I think this behaviour from both of you is very childish.BURY THAT DAMN HATCHET.

palloco
October 23, 2004, 8:49 pm
Dude, the funny thing is sucking. If you owned every1 where would be the fun?

n00bface
October 23, 2004, 9:01 pm
JB can shoot straight too.

DeMonIc
October 23, 2004, 9:14 pm
And n00bface can spawnkill like a devil.

Deleted User
October 23, 2004, 9:14 pm
When I told you you suck, I wasn't refering to the game. And I made those comments after you banned me.

damnnation
October 23, 2004, 9:23 pm
i mostly play on German,NL,BE servers so my ping will always be good[:D]

Famine
October 23, 2004, 11:35 pm
Ya shouldn't take pride in your soldat skill anyway.

Chakra
October 24, 2004, 12:16 am
..and here lays the divide of the casual and professional style of players.

(otherwise known as 'how much time you have on your hands')

Social Poison
October 24, 2004, 12:21 am
Oh boy! Another one of these!

quote:Why does someones skill in Soldat constitute their right to respect?

An honest enough question. The thing you have to realize is respect comes in many fashions and styles. For instance, I have a great deal of respect for my father. I think in the face of a less-than-perfect childhood, he grew up to be a well adjusted functioning adult. In line with that, I also respect him because through my whole live when I lived at home, he gave me the respect due to a child. That being basically of privacy in certain matters.

The respect I have for my father is extremely different than the respect I hold for? say? That [:-censored]ing Sniper. TFS isn?t exactly well adjusted (he?ll tell you that strait out) but he forms very valid and well backed opinions. In that sense, I have a great deal of respect for, essentially, TFS?s ability to argue.

Soldat can in turn have its own brand of respect (and even there, multiple types). There is a respect of skill. When someone can two shot you with a Ruger, or land an unorthodox LAW shot, you might say NS (or NT for you knife wielders out there). There is respect of sportsmanship. For instance let?s say blue has one more man than red? and on B2B red got slaughtered 10-0. If a player from blue switches over to red, giving them the man advantage to hopefully even the fighting up, I believe that warrants a degree of respect of sportsmanship.

That being said I have dealt with total pricks out there who are very good. Even if we?ve been flaming eachother all game, if a guy makes a turn and throw knife shot from half a screen away, he?s going to get a NT from me. Because it was a nice throw.

In short, someone?s skill in Soldat does constitute a type of respect.

quote: I know I suck, you don't need to tell me, thats because I spend 20 minutes on soldat a day most days, usually against bots.

By your own admittance you do not possess the skill to have respect warranted on its behalf. Do not be bitter because other people do.

quote:And because I suck, why should I lose the right to comment on how good/bad the server I'm playing on is? If I wanted to be retarded, I'd leave the server - I shouldn't be banned for complaining about the lag/connection problems/bad packets/whatever.

An interesting statement? ?If I wanted to be retarded I?d leave the server.? Actually, I?d beg to differ. If the server you?re playing on is crap, then you?re ?retarded? as you put it, for staying. And actually, most server administrators don?t tolerate people acting like assholes on their server. Especially when it comes to you dissing the very server they?ve set up. It?s their hardware. You?re a guest. Do you go over to other people?s houses and, and complain about the comfort of the furniture?

quote:I appreciate the fact your score is higher than mine, but I really couldn't care less.

Do you realize this is a contradiction? If you appreciate something then obviously you care. This also goes to say that you respect people who play well. Nice try though.

quote:I play the game for fun, and people who go around saying I suck because I can't beat them at Soldat ruin that fun.

Everyone else is playing for fun as well. I?m just going to take a guess here and say that most people are not making fun of you unprovoked. How are you provoking them? By complaining about the server. If I make a beautiful knife throw from the bridge of B2B to kill you as you run below, and you say ?OMG LAG? instead of ?nt? then you are denying what I may believe to be cause for respect. It?s an insult, in a backwater sort of way. Keep that in mind next time.

quote: Its a frigging game! I stopped playing in clans because I hate competitiveness, so why must you bring that competition to friendly games?

Your implication here is that competition and fun are mutually exclusive states? which I think anyone who plays a sport will tell you is just ridiculous. The competition of Soldat is in fact what makes it fun for most people. If competition makes a game not fun for you, you should try and play one that doesn?t have a goal or something. A nice single player game where other people don?t have to listen to you complain about their servers or playing style. I suggest the Myst series? or The Sims if you?re so inclined.

quote:You know who you are.

::waves::

Chakra
October 24, 2004, 12:23 am

..there so must be a good story as to how you lost your mouse.

Hitman
October 24, 2004, 12:24 am
Nice little speech there Stalky...touching, but contradicting.

You're complaining about people telling you that you suck after you said that their server sucks. Is it just me or does anybody else find that ironic? If you don't like the server, don't play on it..

As for Ville and n00bface, let me repeat what I have been telling you, and others, for the last couple of days:

*ahem*

I suck because I am using a [:-censored]ing touchpad due to the fact that I can't find my mouse!

Social Poison
October 24, 2004, 12:27 am
Is it just me or did Hitman's post jump from before mind to after?

Weed
October 24, 2004, 1:17 am
so what social posion tryed to say with his long presidential like speech (without stumbling like certain president we all know and love) is that Stalky sucks major c0cks.

got it?

kevith
October 24, 2004, 2:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Social Poison
Is it just me or did Hitman's post jump from before mind to after?
Well that would explain why Chakra's comment about Hitman's mouse came before Hitman's comment. Something weird was going on...

LazehBoi
October 24, 2004, 2:19 am
I respect Hitman for being able to play with a [:-censored]ing touchpad, it's damned near impossible for me.

Hitman
October 24, 2004, 2:24 am
I think Styx is trying to mess with me..

..first the e-mails...now this...

n00bface
October 24, 2004, 2:31 am
quote:I suck because I am using a ing touchpad due to the fact that I can't find my mouse!

I play with a touchpad 24/7, because the only computer i have that can handle soldat is my laptop, besides the computer at my house. I still suck, but I am way better than you gayman (lol n1 my frain told me to call you taht@!!). Soldat is a competitive game you stupids!!! Or else there would nicht be scores!!!!

Deleted User
October 24, 2004, 9:28 am
Just to clear something up, this all happened when I was playing on n00bfaces 1.2.1c server - the ONLY multiplayer server to go to, so I couldn't just drop the server and go somewhere else (until Cold Fusion wanted to duel).

Oh, by the way Social Posion: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=appreciate
quote:2. To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize: I appreciate your problems.
How does saying "I don't care" contradict that?

Social Poison
October 24, 2004, 9:40 am
ap·pre·ci·ate Audio pronunciation of "appreciate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-prsh-t)
v. ap·pre·ci·at·ed, ap·pre·ci·at·ing, ap·pre·ci·ates
v. tr.

1. To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of: appreciated their freedom.
2. To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize: I appreciate your problems.
3. To be thankful or show gratitude for: I really appreciate your help.
4. To admire greatly; value.
5. To raise in value or price, especially over time.

---------

v. cared, car·ing, cares
v. intr.

1. To be concerned or interested: Once inside, we didn't care whether it rained or not.
2. To provide needed assistance or watchful supervision: cared for the wounded; caring for an aged relative at home.
3. To object or mind: If no one cares, I'll smoke.
1. To have a liking or attachment: didn't care for the movie.
2. To have a wish; be inclined: Would you care for another helping?

-----------------

I didn't claim they were synonyms, there is just no way you could appreciate something without caring about it. Way to pick out only one item in a laundry list of counterpoints and then get owned by your own source. Your posting privileges have been revoked. Shut up.

kevith
October 24, 2004, 10:15 pm
Great... another argument comes down to semantics.
1. Those are alternate definitions. Using one does not necessarily include (or preclude) any other one. I.e., why would he post the definitions that he wasn't using? If he is the "speaker" he is really the only one that can know which definition of "appreciate" or "care" to which he is referring.
2. I am fully aware of ballet and opera and I greatly admire the talent of the people who participate in it. I greatly admire those activities for their artistic expression. That still doesn't make me care about either of them. To be more on point and refer directly to Soldat, I can appreciate or notice someone's skill in the game and be aware of how good they are, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I am concerned, interested, or care about whether they are "talented" or not.
3. Stalky says he sucks. He says it doesn't bother him. Stalky can have his opinion about a server. The admin can have his opinion about whether to allow Stalky play/complain there. Why are we even arguing?

Social Poison
October 24, 2004, 11:38 pm
Because it's fun.

Hitman
October 24, 2004, 11:45 pm
Nobody cares!

karmazon
October 24, 2004, 11:51 pm
I do !

oh wait, I don't

papasurf31
October 25, 2004, 12:56 am
I kind of realised how Stalky posted this topic about how he doesn't care about the score or competiveness in soldat. However, that is a blatant contradiction of the fact that he created a topic complaining about how Laggy servers with bad packett losses are retarded. THe fact that he had a bad connection to certain server affected his play negatively, evoking an emotional response to create this topic. Such a response would only happen if he did, in fact, CARE about the the score and such, instead of playing for fun. Admittedly, it is not much fun to suck c0ck at a game that you MODERATE the forums for, but the whole concept of score and competeiveness is what causes Soldat, and games in general to be entertaining. Every single game you play is in some form a competition between you and something/one else that involves in some way a score or an objective. Take that out, and what you have left is not a game but more of a waste of time (such things like learning, reading, and holding your breath while standing on one foot and eating a quiche).

So, STALKY DOES CARE. HE CARES ABOUT ALL OF US AND EVERYTHING. IN A HOPEFULLY COMPLETELY NON-SEXUALLY RELATED WAY.

BTW - Kevith, if you admire something, it sort of requires for you to care about it. As it involves your mental acceptance and appreciation of it, that in turn implies that you care about it at some level. Truly the only way not to care about something is to not know about it. Because, pshycologically, anything you know invokes a reaction of some kind, and causes either a positive or negative impression of vraiability. The only thing you can really not care about is gay marriages. Cause once you start caring about that, people will start labeling you: fag, lezbo, homophobe, j00, racist pig, prejudiced cock-sucking zip lock baggie of llama [:-censored]...the list goes on and on.

Drama
October 25, 2004, 4:15 am
I also used to be good, now i dont have inspiration to keep up my skill anymore

Hitman
October 25, 2004, 4:24 am
You all just got owned by papasurf31.

Respect.

that fuking sniper
October 25, 2004, 9:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Social Poison
Because it's fun.

Finally, someone sees what I see :P

Plus, arguing is the ultimate form of power and conquest, if you will. To argue is to have someone else go your way, A.K.A mental subjugation. To defeat someone in an intellectual arguement is to prove your mental, logical, and articulatural superiority to him. Yes, its fun and satisfying.

Social Poison
October 25, 2004, 7:11 pm
I'm certainly not above making someone else look like a moron to make myself feel better.

Magniitude
October 25, 2004, 10:10 pm
Some people spend 2hrs on the game each day. thats why they're goood. not everyone can blow that much time a videogame daily. we have LIVES.

DT
October 25, 2004, 11:18 pm
yea... we do... sorta...well i don't really do to much a day... due to my job

Social Poison
October 26, 2004, 3:12 am
And some people have just been playing for a long time :P There are a few guys around here that have played longer than me... but 1.02b is a long ways back.

DT
October 26, 2004, 4:56 pm
well duh the creator... wonder how he got this advertized...