( search forums )
Soldat DS
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
ArmadonRK
October 23, 2004, 9:08 pm
I was looking at the thread on Soldat GBA in Game Improvements (an idea which I think would fail miserably). I noticed that nobody brought up the most logical idea, Soldat DS. Although I admit that there will never be a Soldat DS (IMO), I also think it would play really well, because the touch screen can emulate the mouse.
Before anyone says, "Why would you want to pay for Soldat when you can get it for free?", a Soldat for DS could be taken on the road, for those of us without laptops, and it could be carried around in a pocket.
I would love to see a Soldat or Soldat-like, game for DS.

I hpe nobody sees this as "reviving" a locked topic, I just felt that this was a different topic that might be interesting to discuss.

b00stA
October 23, 2004, 10:28 pm
This is the third topic about a port of Soldat.

You might want to explain what "DS" means though.

Shyo
October 23, 2004, 10:37 pm
DS = Doublescreen, the Nintendo DS is a new handheld console from nintendo which has 2 screens (1 touchscreen) and supports online gaming.

Jaz
October 23, 2004, 10:45 pm
Sounds crap.

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 23, 2004, 10:46 pm
hmmmm.......dunno, might work pretty well actually, with the touchscreen and all. But an online version of it would be quite hard and useless to do, so you'd end up playing with bots all the time, which is not that fun anyways...plus, the lack of custom maps would also make it unfun after a while.

Also, micheal said he'd never sell out Soldat anyways, so this whole thread is pretty useless.

papasurf31
October 23, 2004, 11:09 pm
Like how vehicles and barret nerfing and all those other threads are useless too. But they still pop up 20 times a day. IMO, this is a great idea. Touch screen, online and bluetooth capabilities, a good enough resolution and graphics system to support soldat, and maybe even a better chat function using the stylus.

Maps and mods would be hard to do though, and since they are the main cause of Soldat's replayability and why it lasts so long, this diea might be a flop. My 2 cents.

die nadel
October 24, 2004, 7:47 am
i agree with smurf

NST ArRoW
October 24, 2004, 8:48 am
DS is lame, PlayStation Portable should own it !

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 24, 2004, 12:04 pm
yah the psp will be better

TIR_Blade
October 24, 2004, 5:14 pm
Y in the world would PSp be better? PSP is just better graphix, no other features. Just DVD which would suck with such a god damned small screen. And it has shi* launch titles.

DS has duel screens, touch screen, voice recognition(mic), 100 foot connectibility, Wi-Fi(internet), and amazing launch titles including Metroid Hunters and mario kart.

DS doesn't stand for Double screens btw. It was thought to be duel screens but it's actually developers system. Cuz it's got so many features that the developers can work with.

DS's graphix are just going to be slightely under PSP's but games will be better.

O and Soldat DS COULD work if done right. And he doesn't havta sell it out, he can make it for free with a sponsor or something :p

Jap_man
October 25, 2004, 7:24 am
I think that soldat doesnt need to be on another bloody platform.
And face it, soldat has always been on PC, and im guessing it'll always STAY on the PC.

frogboy
October 25, 2004, 7:37 am
1. Nintendo sucks
2. The DS won't work and all those features will be going to waste since you won't be able to see the freaking screen if your fingers are in the way.
3. The DS obviously won't support Delphi, especially with DirectX.

palloco
October 25, 2004, 11:05 am
Why a stupid discussion about ds is in soldat discussions?

Element_101
October 25, 2004, 1:02 pm
Soldat is just a 2D game thats good for a bit of fun in my opinion ideas like this are going way to far.