( search forums )
Maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
October 24, 2004, 8:02 pm
Normally, the main reason I stop playing Soldat is because I get bored of playing in the same maps. They're good maps, but there aren't enough.
A map auto download type thing has been suggested numerous times before. I wouln't want it anyway because I don't want to fill up my map list and hard drive with crappy noob maps.

So my idea is to have a map pack of about 5-10 maps released every month at soldat.pl. These maps would be a compilation of all the best, and would be selected by MM or someone he appoints. Or we could even have a new part of the forum where we vote for maps to go in the official map-packs . A lot of mapping talent is going to waste because we rarely get to play 3rd party maps online and I think this would really improve the Soldat experience.

STEELIX
October 24, 2004, 8:25 pm
yes... good idea, but most people will probably dont look on soldat.pl for the newest mappack every week... :(

Hitman
October 24, 2004, 9:26 pm
Ehehe...just wait till the next version ;)

Duke33
October 24, 2004, 9:48 pm
Suggested about two years ago, i remember it well ;). Never happened though. According to Hitman, perhaps it will...

Sekushi
October 25, 2004, 1:12 am
5-10 maps is quite a bit...

BManx2000
October 25, 2004, 2:16 am
Dun dun DUN!!!!!!

DT
October 25, 2004, 4:11 am
i want a map where metors come from space and slam into the earth on occasion... that would be a map

Jap_man
October 25, 2004, 7:26 am
It's a good idea, though still, I doubt people'll actually be bothered downloading it O.o.

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 25, 2004, 9:43 am
I know this is gonna get flamed for some reason, but here:

Maybe put up a master server (Maybe the lobby server, or another server) that will let soldat auto update itself whenever it starts up. Whenever it updates, it would download the new maps needed (Its not gonna take that long guys, soldat maps (without scenaries of course) is only going to take like, around 50kb, so waiting for an extra 10 seconds wouldn't hurt) So then Micheal wouldn't have to rush to make new versions, and all the little soldats would have new places to explore. The maps would maybe come from a pool of talented mappers, requireing that no scenaries be used in the maps....etc.

Deleted User
October 25, 2004, 10:11 am
Maybe I'm not meant to say this, but soldat 1.2.1 has about 10 new maps in.

Be happy.