b00stA
October 25, 2004, 1:52 pm
Yes, so is Bethany.

Maverick X?
October 25, 2004, 5:01 pm
Amazing.

LazehBoi
October 25, 2004, 5:42 pm
He was Californian, He started his own religion.
He was a woman, he tried to get his point across to a bunch of men except they didn't get it.
He was black because he called everyone 'brother'.

damnnation
October 25, 2004, 6:09 pm
in my opinion "JEZUS" was just a preetcher that was verry wellknow among the ppl and had maney succes (a bit like the pope) cuz he sayd he was the son of GOD and doing al his magical trix (that where fake fot shure)

DeMonIc
October 25, 2004, 6:28 pm
Does it matter what was his skin like?
Today, young people are mainly like "I don't belive in him, i'm so cool..." But it really doesn't matter: the Bible tries to make an Utopia through it's teachings, but the human mind and ego cannot overcome it's simple shell, and we are stuck in our barbaric lifes.We are blind, because the truth is so close, yet we do not see it.And things will stay like this for a long time...

Liber_Lupus
October 25, 2004, 7:17 pm
If i start to belive and accidentaly fall off a cliff broking both my legs and hands and have a total brain damage i could still stand up and say "I BELIVE" and just walk away...would that be possible?

DT
October 25, 2004, 11:29 pm
Jezus is brown... the hell you guys talking about

karmazon
October 26, 2004, 12:20 am
[IMAGE]

A mi rasta

Maverick X?
October 26, 2004, 5:21 pm
quote:DeMonIc Posted - 25 Oct 2004 : 18:28:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, young people are mainly like "I don't belive in him, i'm so cool..." But it really doesn't matter: the Bible tries to make an Utopia through it's teachings, but the human mind and ego cannot overcome it's simple shell, and we are stuck in our barbaric lifes.We are blind, because the truth is so close, yet we do not see it.And things will stay like this for a long time...

So true....

I say, believe whatever makes you sane in life. Thinking about "Is there a God?! Is there a heaven?!" These questions will just make you go crazy. Just fill your head with anything. If God is what you believe then all you need to know is "Hes real. There is a Heaven. My genitals are HUGE!" Thats all folks.

The Geologist
October 26, 2004, 7:40 pm
lol...wow Maverick, I have to say I agree with your outlook. [:D] An interesting topic in any light...it is discussions of this nature that I enjoy the most. To begin to fathom the depth or nature of a being on a level such as God is, in some lines of logic, too much for the human mind to comprehend. So our own personal interpretion is key to what we can/understand make of this supposedly infinite, omnipotent being. Even the Greeks fashioned the Gods in their own image, while many cultures before that fashioned God/the gods in a more animal like image. I'm moving away from the topic at hand though...the God in this discussion is "the God", in a sense. I don't agree with some of the common beliefs of the face of Jesus (i.e. a white guy with brown hair, etc...there are plenty interpretations).

Unfortunately, common sense and logic don't always have a solid standing in the area of religion, so we can't follow logical grounds to assume "Oh, Jesus must have looked like the people in the area in which he was born", or "Oh, he must look similar to my own people/race" (this second statement isn't logical...but it's what we see a lot of with the common outlook on the face of Jesus). Anyhoo, long story short...I don't know, and I don't care to know. Your words were well put in terms of believing in his reality.

koil
October 26, 2004, 7:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc

HAH. you really think that "religion"(/christianisem*1 ?) will make the world a better place to live in? you really think that heaven will come upon us? newsflash. most, if not, all wars started cause of religion diffrences.

christianisem*1 = is it just that religion? or do you include judaisem, budahisem, islam, etc on your "utopia"?
seems rather strange to me.. seeing as most of the arabs are islam, alot of eurot's and americans are christians, and atleast half of the jews belive in god.

isnt it enough to be utopia?

DT
October 26, 2004, 11:29 pm
the purpose of Jezus was to spread love and joy...
i mean look at christins thier nice and everything due to thier religion...

?
October 26, 2004, 11:45 pm
My guess is he looked like an average Jewish person during that time... so to solve your little riddle find that out and presto!

Social Poison
October 27, 2004, 2:35 am
*Gets up on his soap box*

No amount of evidence shown to believers can't be dismissed in some way. Like the person before me posted: The Big Bang could the sceientific name of God's action of creating the universe. Scientists can't say "well no because this happened before hand." They can speculate but before the big bang there's just no way to tell.

And no amount of evidence shown to an atheist will be pictured as valid in his or her eyes. The difference between the two groups is believers will take a book of faith as a logical field of debate, while the atheists won't.

*shrugs*

--

*turns to Koil*

newsflash. most, if not, all wars started cause of religion diffrences.

World War I
World War II
The Vietnam War
The Korean War
Desert Storm
The current war in Iraq

and that's just wars the US participated in. Which of those had religious motivation? Last I checkd WWI and II were because of Germany... Vietnam was because the US didn't want another communist country... Desert Storm was because Sadam was a prick, the current war is because BUSH is a prick.

Are there some big religoius wars that happened? Of course. The "Christians" of centuries past slew many people. But there are some key differences between the Christans of old and the Christians of today. The Christians of old were uneducated, and could be whipped into a fanatical frenzy at the whim of a bishope. The Christians of today cannot. We look back on that past and wince, knowing it is a part of our history we cannot recover from.

You live in Israel, which is in a part of the world many people have become afraid of. Why? Religious fanaticism. The same sort of fanatisicm that Christians look back on and go "oof... not good." We can try to tell your people "Look this crusade thing ain't gonna work." but for some reason I doubt they'll listen. The religious wars you see are all around you, so of course it seems like they're "all the time". But pull your head out of that sand trap you call a country and you'll see there are other reasons people fight.

Can someone name me a religious war started in a country after their industreal revolution? Anyone?

Your implication that religion causes war may have some base, but don't act like it's the only driving force. Money starts wars. Ignorance starts wars. Greed starts wars. Leaders with small penisis start wars. And actually, if you go back and look at the motivation of the leaders... you will find that very few wars in the past 500 years were JUST religious. They've all got some sort of alterior motive... the religion is just what they used to get support on the issue.

AerialAssault
October 27, 2004, 3:20 am
SP : Hitler was a catholic, he was doing to the Jews what he believed was the "Lord's Work" the pope supposedly congradulated on his efforts.

the korean/vietnam war : why did the USA hate communism? partly because the US is a such a predominantly christian country, we have "In god we trust" on our currency. communism is an atheistic society where everyone is believed to be of equal status. now you cant possibly tell me that we hated them because they believed in equality. maybe religion wasnt the only reason, but no matter what they tell you, its definitely a large chunk of it.

liquidis x snake
October 27, 2004, 3:39 am
Jesus was a Chinese man with a blonde goatee.

Urhos
October 27, 2004, 7:25 am
As the son of Satan I know, that jesus actually was a bearded woman that had 6 hairy tits in her back.

Elephant_Hunter
October 27, 2004, 7:53 am
Urhos : Ya, I've seen him/her/it/she/maybe and that pretty much sums it up.

--

Everyone else : You're all enemies of the church, and each of you are destined to be burned as heritics unless you convert now. For I am the sole witness of God's perfect manifestation here on earth!

Social Poison
October 27, 2004, 8:39 am
Hitler was a catholic, he was doing to the Jews what he believed was the "Lord's Work" the pope supposedly congradulated on his efforts.

Didn't I say something about a religious war? You can't even tell me Hitler started WWII because he got an ultimatum from the pope. Read up on your history, AA. Hitler rose to power because the world had bent Germany over for WWI. It was in an economic downturn (to the point that its money was better used for firestarter). He just happened to have it out for the Jews too.

the korean/vietnam war : why did the USA hate communism? partly because the US is a such a predominantly christian country, we have "In god we trust" on our currency. communism is an atheistic society where everyone is believed to be of equal status. now you cant possibly tell me that we hated them because they believed in equality. maybe religion wasnt the only reason, but no matter what they tell you, its definitely a large chunk of it.

Religion a large chunk of why we don't like communists? Wake up, AA, we're a capitolist state, that's a large chunk of why we dont' like communists. It also has a lot to do with leftover stigmas regarding anti-communism sentement started during the Great Depression. AND virtually every communist state we've seen in the past century has been a violent and turbulant nation. On top of that they have a tendency to like weapons that make big holes in the ground.

If you honestly believe WWII, the Vietnam war, or the Korean war were started for mainly religious reasons, it's time to started paying attention in history class.

R0L4ND
October 27, 2004, 5:13 pm
Why, that's some serious owning there, SP.

DeMonIc
October 27, 2004, 6:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by koil
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc

HAH. you really think that "religion"(/christianisem*1 ?) will make the world a better place to live in? you really think that heaven will come upon us? newsflash. most, if not, all wars started cause of religion diffrences.

christianisem*1 = is it just that religion? or do you include judaisem, budahisem, islam, etc on your "utopia"?
seems rather strange to me.. seeing as most of the arabs are islam, alot of eurot's and americans are christians, and atleast half of the jews belive in god.

isnt it enough to be utopia?

I'm saying that the base of religion (every religion) is "Trying to achive perfectness".The question, that is this just bull[:-censored] or does it hold some greater truth within, is not for me or you to answer.utopia is when everyone is happy...and as the things look now, I think this will only happen, when there is no more life on this planet, because people can't live together peacefully.Death and murder is in your veins: somewhere in your natural heritage is the power to end another's life.It's not a good thing, but we have to live with it.The past is closed down, the future is unknown, and the present is unstable.We are merely dust on the cape of time: we will dissappear and our grandchildren won't even remember us: does anything make sense?I do not know anymore.

DT
October 28, 2004, 4:01 pm
Religion has a major effect on your morals... it is is your morals...

Maverick X?
October 28, 2004, 5:34 pm
Indeed.

These are some really strong thoughts. I quite impressed at your reasoning. Koil, your comment was more based off things that have been said millions of times by people who dont believe. Im not going to share what I believe only because I dont want to sit here and try to be convinced by either side. MORE PEOPLE! GIVE ME MORE OF YOUR THOUGHTS!

Social Poison
October 28, 2004, 6:10 pm
On whether or not Jesus was black? Or on the rest of the crap we've been discussing? Jesus was probably a brown haired brown eyed Jew :P

Hitman
October 28, 2004, 6:13 pm
Jesus was Swiss.

LazehBoi
October 28, 2004, 6:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Jesus was inbred.

:o

Liber_Lupus
October 28, 2004, 6:23 pm
jesus was a lousy estonian artist, but then angry people got sick of his music, he was taken to law court, jesus was taken out of country. Few years later they heard jesus was killed for blabbing about something inexplicable.

Deleted User
October 28, 2004, 6:23 pm
Hitman is jesus.

N1nj@
October 29, 2004, 2:59 am
Buddha owns jesus (don't take this offensively)

LumpyFerret
October 29, 2004, 5:41 pm
my girlfreind loves jesus more then me..

we break up..

she is
"catholic"

i am not..

She tries to convert me?

I dont know...
Me kind of afraid of jesus...n stuff..

me no say anything bad..

But girlfreind....is no longer..

so me sad..

yeah...n stuff like that..

JESUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT
October 30, 2004, 1:10 am
i just saw jezus today and hes brown... i askd him why he has hoody on and he told me that its to late...
whats that mean?

papasurf31
November 1, 2004, 1:04 am
This reminds me of a joke that I thought was funny 2 years ago.

Son: Was Jesus Black or White?
Father: I think...he was both.
Son: Was Jesus a man or a woman?
Father: I think...he was both.
Son: Was Jesus Michael Jackson?

Tallaferro
November 1, 2004, 8:57 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultSP : Hitler was a catholic, he was doing to the Jews what he believed was the "Lord's Work" the pope supposedly congradulated on his efforts.

Hitler was not christian.
He was a pagan.

Read books.

morpheus
November 1, 2004, 9:28 am
ok, first off, there's no real description, but there are a few clues. Isaiah 53:2 says, "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: He has no form or comeliness and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him". in other words he was just plain. not some drop dead gorgeous hunk, but just plain. a guy that would easily just blend into the croud and go unnoticed. this is pretty easily confirmed by judas' betrayal.

judas gave the death kiss to show the soldiers who jesus was. why? because the pharisees who wanted him brought in couldn't describe any physical characteristics that set him apart from the other jews. average looks, average height, very tan skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.

since he was lower class, most likely he was skinny, since the lower class didn't have much due to the ever increasing taxes from the romans. about 50% of their income funded romes army and ceasar's lifestyle.

and since he was a carpenter by trade, most likely he would have been somewhat muscular. carprentry back then wasn't done the way it is today with machines, it was all done by hand, and that's pretty hard work.

and unlike the pictures you see today, his hair was most likely short, since that was the style the romans brought in several decades before his birth. by the time of his birth, it had become the norm for most jews, except for the religious leaders, who used long hair and beards to distinguish themselves from the crowd.

Maverick X?
November 3, 2004, 5:15 pm
JESUS RAPED MY MOTHER! -bursts into tears-

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 8:55 pm
i am orthodox,and when sometimes i doubt god,i go to church, or i visit some eldery fathers, and their words just let me stunned then i say,how in the hell these people talk like that,then i get the awnser" Its the power of god"

DT
November 16, 2004, 4:16 pm
I wonder if Black Jezus is the evil Twin...

koil
November 16, 2004, 6:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by morpheusexcept for the religious leaders, who used long hair and beards to distinguish themselves from the crowd.

afaik, they dont "shave" their faciel hair, because they belive that you shouldnt "cut" your own face (aka razor blade).

although you might be correct with the long hair.

DT
November 16, 2004, 11:17 pm
so hes a girl...