( search forums )
No more camper trick??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Magniitude
October 26, 2004, 2:32 am
I've had this idea for a while, but im not sure how many people will approve this. For the people who are sick of barretards camping in these locations (i.e bushes) who snipe at you when you get close, there might be a way to prevent this.

I doubt any one else has posted this, but what the hell im taking a shot.

I have this idea to alter the weapons gfx graphics so that the space normally holding the weapon graphicwill be all white/ (any color you choose) As long as you make it just small enoguh to play online, but large enough for clear visibility, you can locate anybody thats trying to hide/camp by seeing their "colored" weapons.

Sound like a good idea????

Michal
October 26, 2004, 2:57 am
Barrett camping is ok by me, barrett assaulting is what annoys me. It's a sniper rifle after all, so that's really what it's meant for.

Magniitude
October 26, 2004, 3:37 am
Personally i think its hard to camp because if you kill someone, say in DM, then they can auto locate you before they respawn. Barrets are fine by me to use, i like em when i run around, but i think camping is pretty hard because people usually know where good camp sites are and run their mouse over the spot just in case.

My idea was just for any one who was annoyed by the fact that people pick places just to pick you off as you run by, and my idea hopefully will enable an awareness of the campers in that area.

The Geologist
October 26, 2004, 5:16 am
As opposed to the idiots who run around with a barrett (hey, guess what..that's you) and pick you off from anywhere? At least the campers are using the barett like it should be used. Stop crying about campers and learn to deal with it.

Magniitude
October 26, 2004, 11:39 am
ok, ok harsh, but good opinion. thanks

DT
October 26, 2004, 4:30 pm
mabye for anti camping goggles or something...

KeFear
October 26, 2004, 8:16 pm
I'm just sick of you ppl who promote camping only with barret.. I dont use barret so often, but this just shock me... And i hate the new 1.2.1, not just becouse this. I already wrote my feelings about it in the news comments, so i dont want to repeate myself.

Why not just rip this barret from the game, cos noone will ever use it.. i hate camping... i loved soldat the way it was, and i do like the new good changes.. but richets, bullet time and barret sh*t is just makes the game unplayable.

Magniitude
October 26, 2004, 8:39 pm
Yea you're probably right....maybe if u wanted to try my idea, it would be for ANY weapon to be easily located. Just for awareness if needed. I 'm not saying i have anything agaisnt anybody, just a suggestion to those who are interested.

ArmadonRK
October 26, 2004, 9:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFear
I'm just sick of you ppl who promote camping only with barret.. I dont use barret so often, but this just shock me... And i hate the new 1.2.1, not just becouse this. I already wrote my feelings about it in the news comments, so i dont want to repeate myself.

Why not just rip this barret from the game, cos noone will ever use it.. i hate camping... i loved soldat the way it was, and i do like the new good changes.. but richets, bullet time and barret sh*t is just makes the game unplayable.

Be happy, the new bink effect can be helpful if yo can hit your opponent befre he/she camps. I haven't tried the new version yet (dling now), but I don't think it could possibly be worse than the preious version (which is what I felt you meant by the game is "unplayable")

FliesLikeABrick
October 26, 2004, 10:28 pm
its all part of the game. get over it.

papasurf31
October 31, 2004, 10:13 pm
Many different ways of barret locating have been done before. One was to make the weapons-gfx for the barret a big white block so it can be seen easier. Anoter was to make the bullet/muzzleflash for the barret much larger and brighter to help visibility. If you want, do it yourself, but with the new version and bink effect, it's hardly nessecary.

Magniitude
November 1, 2004, 3:36 am
Just a suggestion to help people out if THEY needed it. I'm not hatin against barrets or anything.