( search forums )
m3u list not working
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
3rd_account
October 26, 2004, 7:29 pm
I made the m3u list in winamp with all the files I wanted, put it in Soldat\Mp3 and started a game.

Nuts! I doesn't work! It keep loading 100 files/second in a infinate loop, never playing any song tho..

(Example)
[IMAGE]

b00stA
October 26, 2004, 7:32 pm
How many did you put? Try it with less than 200 and see if it works.

3rd_account
October 26, 2004, 7:33 pm
35 songs. No more, no less.

b00stA
October 26, 2004, 7:34 pm
Ok.. open the .m3u file with notepad and tell me first few lines

Deleted User
October 26, 2004, 7:35 pm
Then the files need re-encoding, or something. Its to do with the mp3s, not the playlist. Try it with some others.

3rd_account
October 26, 2004, 7:36 pm
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:192,Mega Man X - Storm Eagle
Mega Man X - Storm Eagle.mp3
#EXTINF:126,Megaman 3 - Spark Man
Megaman 3 - Spark Man.mp3
#EXTINF:69,Mega Man 1 - Cutman
Mega Man 1 - Cutman.mp3

b00stA
October 26, 2004, 7:45 pm
Stalky, I don't think that's it..
it's a bit buggy for me, too.

Where are the MP3s located? If it's anything else than the MP3 folder of Soldat, then Winamp failed and didn't include the directory.
Also Soldat doesn't seem to like the lines beginning with #

3rd_account
October 26, 2004, 7:51 pm
Alright everybody CALM DOWN!!

Silly me didn't realize that it doesn't work in windowed mod. Seems like mp3's only can be played in fullscreen.

Thanx anyway guys! *hugs b00stA*

[Edit] Hmm, it doesn't replay the list when it's finished, but I guess I'm asking for too much...

Deleted User
October 26, 2004, 7:57 pm
Well, I searched the problem a while back and someone had gotten it with mp3s they were trying to play in pre 1.2.1 versions. You had told them to download a re-encoding program.

I'm pretty sure its a problem with soldat playing mp3s, not the playlists. 3rd Account, can you try installing soldat 1.2 and playing the mp3s in that? If I'm right, they wont work then either.

Famine
October 26, 2004, 8:20 pm
This happens to me too AND it doesn't work in windowed mode :(

b00stA
October 26, 2004, 9:19 pm
I just tested it and it seems to work fine in fullscreen mode.

Famine, doesn't it work in both, fullscreen and windowed?

Famine
October 26, 2004, 10:08 pm
neither...maybe I am making my m3u's wrong. How do you guys make yours?

3rd_account
October 26, 2004, 11:05 pm
What I said before about it not wworking in windowed mode was a load of popycox. The problem with the infinite looping occurs when you save the m3u list in the same directory as you're mp3 files are located in. If you do so, the the m3u source becomes:

#EXTM3U
Mega Man X - Storm Eagle.mp3
Megaman 3 - Spark Man.mp3
Mega Man 1 - Cutman.mp3

If you were to save the m3u file on e.g. you desktop, then move it to Soldat\Mp3, the source would be:

#EXTM3U
Soldat\Mp3\Mega Man X - Storm Eagle.mp3
Soldat\Mp3\Megaman 3 - Spark Man.mp3
Soldat\Mp3\Mega Man 1 - Cutman.mp3

That should work.

Aegis
October 27, 2004, 1:04 am
My MP3 player in soldat played absolutely fine in windowed mode until the new playlist thing.. I'm getting these infinite spam loops too. Guess I'll rebuild the playlist.

b00stA
October 27, 2004, 2:21 am
3rd account, I saved my .m3u list to the Soldat\Mp3\ directly and it seemed to use the right path.
I also tried creating a .m3u play list myself (simply a few lines consisting of the absolute path (c:\mp3s\mp3.mp3), which is valid according to this), but Soldat still messes it up sometimes. For example the game sound will stop but the MP3 continues playing or two MP3s play at the same time.

Wopkeuh
November 23, 2004, 11:54 am
On my PC the M3U list plays just fine, but when it's finished it tries to repeat the songs but falls in the infinite loop.

Could'nt find a topic on this exact problem. It's a list of 10 songs made with winamp. Also tried it in notepad, just typing the path of the mp3 on each line. Both played in the first round, but when it should loop it just shows the song titles in rapid succession without playing.

Anyone know there's a way to tell the playlist to loop within the m3u file???

Alamo
November 24, 2004, 4:18 pm
I really liked the implementation of that feature, but because i always have winamp playing it would be dumb to end winamp, start soldat and restart winamp after playing. i just leave winamp on and control it with button commdands; works fine for me :)

Maxx
December 4, 2004, 2:12 pm
I got the same problem as wopkeuh, please help.

m00`
December 4, 2004, 8:35 pm
guys my mp3 list isnt working in full screen, the mp3 thing just has lines on it =(

Maxx
December 10, 2004, 10:51 pm
You have to get winamp and make an m3u list with it. Then you'll get to the infinite loop problem.

_Mancer_
December 11, 2004, 3:48 pm
This same problem is happening to me..it sucks.

Maxx
December 11, 2004, 5:17 pm
I also can't go backward in the playlist to avoid it. help.

Deleted User
December 11, 2004, 5:49 pm
I have a batch file which can create an m3u list out of all the mp3's in the same directory as it. I don't know if it would help with your problem, however.

I'll see if I can find it and I'll post a link to it here when I do.

EDIT: Have you tried any other mp3's?

EDIT 2: http://www.freewebs.com/lapissoldat/mp3lister.bat

Creates a list of all mp3s on the drive you run it on. It may or may not work as a playlist creator, I don't have anything to try it out with.

Maxx
December 12, 2004, 3:08 pm
I already have an m3u list of my mp3's in the game. All the problems are: can't go backward in playlist, infinite loop, song skipping, and playing 2 or more songs at once. I don't think making another m3u list will help all that. Or will it actually help all that.

Deleted User
December 13, 2004, 12:47 am
Well, as far as I can tell, it seems to be either a broken m3u list or poorly encoded mp3's. As was stated earlier, I would suggest trying Soldat 1.2 to see if the mp3's play in it. If they don't, then I would bet they're bad mp3's.

Maxx
December 19, 2004, 12:32 am
I used winzip to make the m3u list. Was there something else I had to do to make it work right besides making the list and putting it in the mp3 folder?

Maxx
December 19, 2004, 12:34 am
Oh, and I know they're not bad mp3's.

Krios
January 26, 2005, 3:59 am
meh...maybe Mike should come out with the same version but for people that can't get their M3u's to work. maybe all same everything but old style Mp3 drag and drop kinda thing.

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 6:46 pm
I have found the answer:
http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/integramod/dload.php?action=file&file_id=41
Makes Soldat-compatible M3U-lists.

Kontagious
May 20, 2005, 2:03 am
It sucks 'cause this is the only reason I registered Soldat and it doesn't work. :(

Deleted User
May 20, 2005, 2:30 am
I say give the Soldat Playlist Generator a try. It has worked wonders for me.

Kontagious
May 20, 2005, 10:55 am
I've tried it, nothing seems to work. I regestered for MP3's only. Pssh, lame. Michal you need to fix it. Make it so it plays the mp3's in the mp3 folder not a gay playlist.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 20, 2005, 2:51 pm
i couldnt do it plz help i put the music files into c:/soldat/mp3(i'm registred) and whn i go to options tab i cant see the song.Helpp.

b00stA
May 20, 2005, 3:08 pm
Espascee, read the sticky:
READ: Common Bugs, Problems, Questions etc list
quote:Playing Mp3's in Soldat

Registered users get the added feature of playing their Mp3's in Soldat without having to use an external application. To do this, you must create an .m3u playlist. You can do this using the Soldat Playlist Generator. You can also create one on your own. If you have problems playing Mp3's in Soldat, look at these topics here and here.