Luruvid
October 26, 2004, 9:03 pm
I think the new version RULES! love the new "Advanced" game style [:D]

Hitman
October 26, 2004, 9:06 pm
It's the best version of all time.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
October 26, 2004, 9:13 pm
it is so great, it brings back the fun in soldat that i used to have in the older versions. im really glad that we have so much new stuff to play with. YOU DID A GREAT JOB MICHAL

Luruvid
October 26, 2004, 9:16 pm
Ye he did! but 1 bad thing is that they highed the damadge on the AK... it was powerful enough as it was

FliesLikeABrick
October 26, 2004, 9:16 pm
im not so sure yet. see:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18128

bucky_brad
October 26, 2004, 9:21 pm
yeh I noticed the AK was a bit easyer to use, IMO michal should have left it as it was but other than that this version is freakin awsome. I love the advanced mode in boosta's new map.

Luruvid
October 26, 2004, 9:25 pm
Ye Advanced mode pwnes. makes u apprieciate all the weapons. [^]

Ymies
October 26, 2004, 9:28 pm
hopefully a rotten [:-censored]fly grabs 1.2.1 and removes it from this world forever.

quote:Originally posted by Hitman

-would be good if that was right.

Deleted User
October 26, 2004, 9:36 pm
Its great.

MisterX
October 26, 2004, 10:04 pm
The new Maps are great, the map changes are great (I LOVE the new b2b style. I just really, really love such winter scenarios... mmh. And the Voland change.. yay!), bullettime and ricochet seem pretty useless but still funny, the voting system is great. But I heard that you even get kicked by the other players if you call someone who is lame noob and such things.. I hope the community isnt that evil. And I like that the AK is stronger. It seemed to be less strong than Steyr in a direct 1on1. And what else.. ah, the inaccuracy while being hit is a nice feature, but imho it needs to affect barret and ruger stronger. Well, *whine*, right?

Chakra
October 26, 2004, 10:09 pm
I just hope that your average player is willing to embrace all these new and confusing things that have reached soldat, and hopefully things like advanced mode and bullet time won't be set aside like real mode and pointmatch.

(incidently real mode ruger has more recoil. Try for yourself)

Deleted User
October 26, 2004, 10:28 pm
ive got one word to say... AWESOME!

good work there Michal!

Shyo
October 26, 2004, 10:52 pm
riochet has one use. law.

well, its a pretty good update, lets wait for a real version now.

Alamo
October 26, 2004, 11:09 pm
why don't you write stuff liket this in the official 'release' thread? -.-

DT
October 26, 2004, 11:30 pm
I like it all except the auto refresher for when you click a server...

Pigtard
October 26, 2004, 11:33 pm
It would be good, except for the fact that it [:-censored]s up for some reason. I need help, look what happens whenever I start up soldat.

[IMAGE]

Why is it doing this and how can I stop it?

b00stA
October 26, 2004, 11:34 pm
Restart your computer.

Chakra
October 26, 2004, 11:35 pm
Not sure pal. Clearly a graphics thing...try changing colour bit rate, fullscreen, and the troubleshooting options in the config.exe

..and lets not forget the classic: change graphics drivers.

Pigtard
October 26, 2004, 11:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Restart your computer.

Thanks. That worked. Now all thats wrong is that the lobby server aint responding...I need a fix for 1.2.1 right?

Social Poison
October 26, 2004, 11:43 pm
I think it's really funny how there are 20 posts of people saying 'Yah woo hoo' and then one guy with 4 posts says it sucks ane expects anyone to care :P

b00stA
October 26, 2004, 11:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Pigtard
Thanks. That worked. Now all thats wrong is that the lobby server aint responding...I need a fix for 1.2.1 right?
Look here

Pigtard
October 26, 2004, 11:49 pm
I have the full version, My firewall is fine, and my filter's fine. I dont know wtf the problem is...

karmazon
October 27, 2004, 12:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman

^What he said :)
Damn I love the new soldat so much I wanna have sex with it

DT
October 27, 2004, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Pigtard
It would be good, except for the fact that it [:-censored]s up for some reason. I need help, look what happens whenever I start up soldat.

[IMAGE]

Why is it doing this and how can I stop it?

your computers on drugs
restart your comp and reinstall it
its to bad bullet time doesn't work to often... becuse of the barrets.

Spectral
October 27, 2004, 1:04 am
bullet time is just a nifty little treat. im glad it doesnt happen too often so I can savor the moments when it does

Hanayo
October 27, 2004, 3:22 am
yay, i love it ! [:D]
gj michal

Ahhpple
October 27, 2004, 6:38 am
good job... but i dont like it. new vote kick system is really annoying. i didnt do any thing or say anything and im rdy banned on 2 servers.

Hova
October 27, 2004, 6:53 am
As previously stated, the vote kick system is good, but the default is set at too low a level. The guns feel much more powerful, and I seem to live for a shorter period of time. Perhaps I will just need to build on my skills all over again to get used to the new version.

kevith
October 27, 2004, 8:05 am
Well, I thought the only weapons that were actually changed were the AK (more power) and the minigun (narrower spray) other than the bink effect most noticeably on the barret. The bink effect should make autos seem a little more powerful because if you're getting sprayed with one they're more likely to make you miss. Also remember that your movement speed has a slightly greater effect on your aim now too. Just give it a little time... you should be back up to par in no time.

Elephant_Hunter
October 27, 2004, 8:18 am
Soldat has reached a new medium of computer gaming [:D]

I love the effects, the fixes, and most of all the kick system (even if it needs adjustment.)

Liber_Lupus
October 27, 2004, 8:27 am
I really love new soldat. More than any version, at least now im satisfied with soldat.

Tyrs_Hand
October 27, 2004, 8:33 am
The new version is good and all...

But the chainsaw has been nerfed beyond usability! (almost). Seriously who decided to give that thing a ricochet, or more importantly how many beta testers missed it. You cant carve up proned people any more :(

Deleted User
October 27, 2004, 9:28 am
Map voting rules, kick/ban voting sucks.

DT
October 27, 2004, 3:23 pm
we still need idle kick though...
i know that you can just vote kick for it but still...

lieroguy
October 27, 2004, 3:29 pm
I was at firest afrid the Bullet Time would be just a shooter game stealing from another shooter game like three-year-old kids. Fortunately, I never see it, even when it is turned on. It's so rare that I don't mind.

Most of the other changes, especially the new ctf maps, are a very welcome change. Advance mode, IMO, is a wierd novelty. People will get tired of having to work their way up from a combat knife when they just joined a server that most have allready gotten 20 kills.

Wow. My topic asked the same thing but had another sentence that announced the arrival of the new verson and it got locked.

Hitman
October 27, 2004, 3:30 pm
quote:Added - Players get kicked from server after 5 minute idle timeI see somebody didn't read the change log..

DT
October 27, 2004, 4:00 pm
you can hardly call that a idle kick... 5 minutes by that time the other team could of scored 2 times
then again if someone went to answer the door and go to the bathroom.

Selknam
October 27, 2004, 4:03 pm
i love this new update.... but :

GOd!!!! michel forget again fix chainsaw, men i want be able to throw it and left it on the ground while it still kill. Still is not competitive.

Ricochet is not good according to me, but i gonna give it more time still i have an opinnion.

what michel did with barret was great, now that gun its a little bit less lame

an finally... Why, why he change the center part of B2B, now it gonna always have a camper in the middle, and changed the angle of firing law on the begining of the map... he shouldn´t changed it, al least that part of the map.

__SnoOpy__
October 28, 2004, 3:24 am
I just played 1.2.1.

Glad hacks are fixed ( Can't use hack now XD ). Also, many cool new maps.. Also a lot fun new things [8D]

But somehow the game went very laggy, making it a hard time to have a good game. The new voting option, I ain't clear about it, but it seems to be easily abused.

ynnePmoT
October 28, 2004, 6:46 pm
harr.. as much talk there was about the barret nerf.. nothing really changed with it, which is good as the reflecting spray bullets hit you if you like it or not.. and it is good that this wont become a spray only game.. congrats to michal on the net code as now i can see a little change (after 2 years of "netcode fixes") gj!
hmm.. i like the map vote thing and the reflection.. other than that.. nothing really new. :* kisses

MJPZX2
October 30, 2004, 11:59 am
Basically the things i dislike about 1.2.1 are:
ak74 way overpowered.
b2b is more sucky in my opinion.
bink effect on m79 really sucks.

Apart from that i love it i guess. I like voland very very much I love the 2 new maps. Map download system is great (when it works).
Bullet time is kool.

Only other thing is maybe another weapon or two could have been added instead of bullet time.
Anyway gj Michal just hope you soon bring out a fix or something and lower ak power slightly.

Mystikal
October 30, 2004, 12:45 pm
This new version is definately a great improvement... But the new Vote Kick thing is pretty annoying... There should be an option to enabled that dialog popping up or disabling it.. or somthing in the servers INI, anyone agree with me?

b00stA
October 30, 2004, 1:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by MJPZX2Basically the things i dislike about 1.2.1 are:
ak74 way overpowered.

No, it isn't. You just never noticed how good it is before. If Michal didn't mention it in the change log, you would have never noticed.
quote:Originally posted by MystikalThis new version is definately a great improvement... But the new Vote Kick thing is pretty annoying... There should be an option to enabled that dialog popping up or disabling it.. or somthing in the servers INI, anyone agree with me?

The server admins just have to notice that you can set the vote percentage via /vote% 75 for example.

Teh Panda
October 30, 2004, 1:58 pm
I like some upgrades, but i dont really like the b2b. Advance mode is best in DM's and Socom + LAW disabled. I played it in some public and i had a great fun. Oh... And try it in TropicCave.

T-Money
October 30, 2004, 2:10 pm
Things I like:
Changes in maps- b2b and Voland are now 2 of my favorites
The ricochet thing- allows for more n00b p00ning in those standoff gunfights
Bullet time- doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's hilarious, and makes for a good demo recording.
Hits affecting aim- this keeps the barretwhores from whoring too well.
Advance mode- since i first played it I have never played anything else.

Things I don't like:
The new maps- Crashed=eh. Dropdown=eww.
The Minigun being more concentrated- When I went into U13 for the first time withg 1.2.1, I counted 4 out of 6 players with minis. The concentration of firepower allows noobs to dig into a nook and unload onto a spawnpoint, choking you off until someone gets a lucky m79 shot in his face.
The fact that there's no weapon editor- It's not a big deal, but I was somewhat dissapointed that I wouldn't be able to make a TRUE-TO-LIFE HK PDW. Michal, I would really appreciate it if you put this in the next version. Maybe only available to registered users?

BAsically, I love the new update. Much better than 1.2, but it could use a few improvements. I;d just like to say, though, that I really appreciate this game, Michal. It's the only one I ever play, and of course it only costs 9 dollars.

Hitman
October 30, 2004, 3:25 pm
Now that's the kind of opinion voicing I'm talking about. Nice post T-Money :)

Blackdeath
October 30, 2004, 6:52 pm
Well I think I will follow T-moneys format.
Things I really like:
-bullet time
-80% of the new maps -dropdown and HH
-the ricochets
-The boosted AK, which is now ultra sexy...in a plutonic way.
-the bullets affecting peoples aim.
-and no matter what anyone says the minigun. lol being a half barrettard I enjoy it when more people use it, just makes them less of a threat to myself [:D]

Things That disappointed me:
-the way the lobby server auto sorts server based upon ping
-Dropdown...nuff said

Things I had hoped for:
-Being able to use textures for your players shirt/pants
-Another secondary, maybe another primary. (I would have loved to have seen an m16)
-A limited vision for the barrett scope you know like tunnel vision. Like you would have with a real scope.

Overall though I'd say that Michal you da king! For $9 this is a steal! Keep up the good work!

brickman
October 30, 2004, 7:19 pm
I don't like most of it, and it makes me feel less comfortable than I did with the old version.
Bullet time: the point of bullet time is supposed to be that you have more time to aim and thus more accuracy. But bullettime in here screws up aim completely and appears AFTER someone dies, so it is the opposite of what it should do.
Ricochet: You really wasted time on this? Why? Its not that important, not worth the coding
Auto download: Good, good, good
Weapon balance: I found that I prefered the old minigun, maybe I'm just used to it that way, but I still feel that I want to be able to make a real spread with it while defending, and pinpoint accuracy makes that harder.
New maps: Somehow, it seems to be style over substance. I haven't had a fun game on a new map yet
Advance mode: awesome idea, terrible execution
Voting system: if the default was higher, it would be perfect. But since most people just use defaults, its too easy to get kicked. I got banned from a big server 5 seconds after joining for some reason.
Lobby automatically reverting back to ping sorting after you click on the server you want to join: It effectively creates a fleeing server. Not good.
Bink effect: wouldn't even know it existed if not for people talking about it.

G2KT
October 31, 2004, 5:22 am
Best version yet... IMO

Jello
October 31, 2004, 4:32 pm
Yeah the new version rocks.
Anyone remember the alleged "pinball mode" that was going to be included?
Hahahaha

brickman
October 31, 2004, 6:57 pm
Yeah, I was amazed to find that there actually was truth in that thread. The bullet time and ricochet, both of which set off the BS radars, were real.

Firebeach
October 31, 2004, 6:59 pm
I think the new version is great, but one thing i find cheap about the bouncing bullets is that on some levels where there are tunnels, people use guns like the fn minimi to hit everybody.

josheat
November 1, 2004, 2:09 pm
i done like the richocet in some parts. peoiple just stay there with trhe minigun and richochet stuff off the wall in tight spaces or other places. it gets annoying after ages. but its not SO bad as to get in the way all the time.

Bullet time rox!! go michael

Elephant_Hunter
November 1, 2004, 2:55 pm
quote:I think the new version is great, but one thing i find cheap about the bouncing bullets is that on some levels where there are tunnels, people use guns like the fn minimi to hit everybody.

An eye for an eye, I say. Don't be afraid to use the same tactics, especially if you think you can do a better job at it.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
November 3, 2004, 7:15 am
I have a stinkin bug in my file. But I can still play it, and it kicks ass.

dadarkman
November 3, 2004, 8:42 pm
hmm...i dont like the new version...
bad things:
-bullettime is fun, but makes no sence
-voland is screwed
-minigun is overpowerd
good things:
-ak upgrades ( all poor noobs are now ak64 instead of barret:P)
-map download

Spectral
November 3, 2004, 9:34 pm
why does bullet time not make any sense?

grand_diablo
November 3, 2004, 10:29 pm
My thoughts:
Most changes are great.
Ricochet is a good idea, and I like the way the barret is now. But M79 has been nerfed to uselessnes.

The new dm map is cool, im also happy that Michal was fine with my Arena2 modification.
Most of the new ctf maps I dont really like, except for Equinox and - yeah you guessed it - Maya.
Crashed has quite some bugs, imho very bad spawnpoint placementand and its too huge. Dropdown could rock, if you doubled its middle part and put something in additionaly. The way it is now, its just too small, too straight forward and random automatic spammage As I said, I like Equinox, but it should seriously be debugged. Those narrow tunnels are bouncy as hell. It may sound selfish, but I guess Maya has the least (and mostly just minor) bugs of all new ctf maps.

BulletTime is great, and I won't get bored of it too soon, because I rarely play deathmatch. Its good that Deagle and Spas handling has become a bit easier, cause it made those weps really equal now. Also, the automatics seem to be perfectly balanced now.

Another point is the technical side. The bigger flagtouching area is a good improvements, but still it does produce minor problems (flags floating at the edge, where they should normally fall down...), and map downloading turned out as a great idea. It also owns hackers, as they cant use their edited maps anymore (I hope so at least). A bit of a problem is the new server version, which doesnt really provide stable pings, and very often produves bugs such as delayed chat messages/deaths (without a kill message).

All in all, im quite satisfied with 1.2.1. The only major issues (imho) are the m79 being nerfed too much, 1 unplayable ct map (Crashed) and the server probs. The rest is ok to excellent, and Soldat did surely go a step forward with this new version.

Shivorken
November 4, 2004, 11:26 am
hey ppl ... i hav dis problem with the new version ... when ever i try to register it with dat key thingo ... i says that the info has been added and everthing, seems fine, but it hasnt really registered it. When i open soldat up, dat annoying register window still appears!!! Can somebody plzzzz help me out??????

grand_diablo
November 4, 2004, 3:30 pm
Well, make sure your key was legally acquired ;)

If it is, contact Michal, but before, try a Soldat reinstall.

Luruvid
November 8, 2004, 1:34 pm
Things i dont like with the version is:
AK more powerful. It was good enough as it was.
Some of new maps was.... booring. ( Crashed, Dropdown and more).

Good THings was:
ADVANCE MODE!!!!! Weee!! ^__^
Download maps just by joining a game.
CTF_ Chernobyl map, really funny!
love the Recochet (dunno how to spell it :P )but makes sniper even better... another bad thing with it is that m79 also bounce.
Bullet time... makes u feel like Neo ^__^ .

diediedie119
November 18, 2004, 9:21 pm
1.2.1 rox my sox

Icarius
November 19, 2004, 12:24 am
quote:
Things That disappointed me:
-the way the lobby server auto sorts server based upon ping

THIS IS [IMAGE]ING ANNOYING, A PATCH TO REMOVE THIS WOULD BE AWESOME.

Deleted User
November 23, 2004, 5:19 pm
I just had my law ricochet in a tunnel and kill two people. Two grenades I threw that were complete misses, each killed a person.

I have to say, 1.2.1 definitely "rox my sox"

Now Michal just needs to implement a built-in "community filter". The way this would work, is that the first time you play Soldat you have to take a little IQ test. The main batteries would be grammer, tactics, and overall brain-meats. If you pass, Good job! You are now a member of the Soldat community, and you'd have to pick a username to play. If you fail, well, no online play for you!

I swear. Getting into a game is a mixed bag. There are awesome people on your team - and then there are.. not so.. awesome.. people. Who really aren't on your team.

edak
November 23, 2004, 9:10 pm
I love the new functions like ricochet and bullet time and especially bink effect (less barreteers). However, I have noticed so many new bugs and issues that it almost outweighs the good. for 56k'ers this version really lags a lot compared to previous version, so I am sort of sitting on the fence about it all. I appreciate that if I had a better connection gameplay could be better, but I registered the game when it all worked perfectly on my setup (hence registration). The voting system is cool, but gets annoying when some fool continuously votes and you have the little popup come up time fter time, then for some reason pops up with your name on it and you think to yourself WTF?!!!

Well thta's my opinion.

Black Ninja
November 23, 2004, 9:23 pm
I like it very much!!!! especially the bullet time but its too bad that the law bug is gone :(
But its still cool :D:D:D:D:D

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 9:35 pm
the new version is ubercool