( search forums )
your most hated weapons now ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SuperKill
October 26, 2004, 10:19 pm
this isnt a whine thread at the new version since it kicks ass x]
just wanna know people's opinions about what's the most hated weapon in this version.

mine are BY FAR the horrible minimi and the goddamn spas.

Chakra
October 26, 2004, 10:24 pm
Gotta admit, seeing a truckload of spas's turning up these days. Otherwise i'd still have to say barret. They run away more now, and wait in hiding through narrow passages. The bases of ctf_equinox is a good example..

n00bface
October 26, 2004, 10:35 pm
AK, spas, minigun.

AK and spas are self explanatory, i hate minigun because now since it can actually kill _everyone_ uses it. And they don't use it to kill, they use it as a jet, but it destroys everything in its path too.

Barret is really great now.

?
October 26, 2004, 10:56 pm
the power of love

Alamo
October 26, 2004, 11:00 pm
Barret is just right now (i should remove the button from my sig... :).
I don't see any other problems anymore...
3 thumps up!

SuperKill
October 26, 2004, 11:08 pm
i'm pissed of people that use minimi and complain about "deagles are overpowered".

LazehBoi
October 26, 2004, 11:11 pm
I don't like the barret... still... I probably never will.
Probably the minimi after that, but meh...

DT
October 26, 2004, 11:42 pm
Barret, minigun, and M79...

Weed
October 27, 2004, 1:51 am
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
i'm pissed of people that use minimi and complain about "deagles are overpowered".

say Mandlc in short...

anyway, AK, minimi and spas are truly uber. damned noobs are gonna use them all day long now.

AerialAssault
October 27, 2004, 2:15 am
i have no complaints.

karmazon
October 27, 2004, 2:27 am
my most hated weapon ? Hmm the new voting system in the hands of stupid haters XD

Captain RibMan
October 27, 2004, 4:53 am
why do people hate the spas, now im going to have to change

Hektik Sniper
October 27, 2004, 12:38 pm
minimi law minimi law minimi law minimi law minimi law minimi law minimi law DIEEEEEEEE

palloco
October 27, 2004, 12:40 pm
U suxxorz.
I love all weapons.

Rhombus
October 27, 2004, 12:49 pm
so do i! well, i dont like the minigun but thats not cuz i think its overpowered or sumtin, i just dont like it.

Subslider
October 27, 2004, 1:34 pm
dont hate the spas.. i use it.. ^^..

DeMonIc
October 27, 2004, 2:10 pm
The medpack.

Deleted User
October 27, 2004, 2:25 pm
I don't use minigun as jet. :(

Rhombus
October 27, 2004, 4:00 pm
lol i like medpacks. First i hit em with ma knife, then i try to blow em further into the air with my steyr.

By the way superkill is a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

SuperKill
October 27, 2004, 4:11 pm
er.. do i know you ?

Deleted User
October 27, 2004, 4:13 pm
Barret and minigun. Stupid minidiots.

N1nj@
October 27, 2004, 4:29 pm
hohoo sdfu

SuperKill
October 27, 2004, 5:37 pm
i havnt touched a barret in a long while but why is the barret still hated in this version ?
i mean wtf is the problem ? just shoot the damn thing when you see him and he will for SURE miss you.

damnnation
October 27, 2004, 8:43 pm
me hates: barrett, minime, spas, ussocom

Alamo
October 27, 2004, 9:09 pm
The guns are perfect now. No changes needed.

Thread locked.

Michal Marcinkowski
October 27, 2004, 9:36 pm
I'm pissed off when anybody kills me with any weapon. Don't you feel the same :)?

SuperKill
October 27, 2004, 9:41 pm
nope! just with spas and minimi :@

STEELIX
October 27, 2004, 10:48 pm
don't hate spas... :(

DannyLB
October 27, 2004, 11:14 pm
AK..became to powerful, and that every n00b uses the minigun. But meh, the aproach to the barret decrease was made in the smart way, make the other weapons more powerful.

kkazican
October 27, 2004, 11:41 pm
WHat your not looking at is the gun everyone loves. and that gun is:

THE RUGER-77! The Family Friendly Gun

Dathker
October 28, 2004, 12:35 am
wewt go rugeh!
and yes.. the spas has a much faster round shooting time. but its probably more realistic. minimi has alwasy been hated >;}

Spectral
October 28, 2004, 1:22 am
i still dislike barret. and besides that...steyr perhaps

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 28, 2004, 1:59 am
It feels easier to kill with AK now, which is actually pretty good for me, but I usually get killed by a whole variety of weapons, not just one, so I guess it is pretty balenced out for me.

Psyker
October 28, 2004, 4:44 pm
barret is the only weapon anyone should be complaining about.

SuperKill
October 28, 2004, 4:47 pm
.......................... [:-banghead]

Dathker
October 28, 2004, 4:47 pm
quote:i still dislike barret. and besides that...steyr perhaps

dude.. wtf the aug hasn't changed.

Liber_Lupus
October 28, 2004, 5:59 pm
i only hate myself..cant aim with that [:-censored]ing de anymore...or with any gun.

Kazuki
October 28, 2004, 9:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
I'm pissed off when anybody kills me with any weapon. Don't you feel the same :)?

Heh, there's a new way to think about it.

/me hates weapon haters.

/me hates annoying opponents.

Outcast
October 29, 2004, 9:02 pm
Minime is nice....*cuddles his minime*

Dj-SAGI
October 29, 2004, 9:06 pm
SuperKill
lol !! haha the fat is here!
amm i guess my wep are Ak Minigun Sinper and Mandlc ;]

SuperKill
October 29, 2004, 9:14 pm
argh avtkast..

Unlucky 13
October 29, 2004, 10:07 pm
LEAVE MY MINIMI OUTTA THIS!

The weapons are fine now, except maybe the Minigun, with the ricochet it hits more often, yet maybe not as hard

Elephant_Hunter
October 29, 2004, 10:40 pm
I hate the knife because it's the only projectile that doesn't ricochet!

3rd_account
October 29, 2004, 11:15 pm
I hate rugers because you can't dodge the bullets with their high velocity. A barretard is easy to kill on close range, especially after he missed a shot. M79ers, deaglers and spasers can be defeated on long range, while a rugerer is just as hard on long as close range. Neither can you attack effectivly while he's reloading, because the reload time is so short.

DT
October 30, 2004, 12:49 am
any weapon can be dodge.. as long as it doesn't appear right on you... like those ninja stars... god i want some of those

Messiah
October 30, 2004, 2:26 am
Does anybody not aprreciate any work, all complaints. Now its the Ak-47 and Spas-12. First it was barret, appreciate what Michal has done instead of complaining all the time, he worked hard on this version so can we start a *What Do You Love About the Weapons Now!?* We can all adjust to Ak and Spas not a big deal =/, personally i dont like it but hey ill live.

Elephant_Hunter
October 30, 2004, 7:39 pm
Haha, nice to see you take it so personally.

I don't think it hurts to have a discussion like this, Messiah.

Sprocket
October 30, 2004, 8:02 pm
Shut Up...
you're all destroing soldat!

BManx2000
October 30, 2004, 10:18 pm
Right...

Deleted User
October 30, 2004, 11:30 pm
All guns that kills by ONE shot!

Messiah
October 30, 2004, 11:57 pm
I didnt say there was anything wrong with the topic, but im curious to know, What people Like About 1.2.1 :o?

October 31, 2004, 6:55 am
hated weapons?

...Nothing
But I hate minigun runner.

Jello
October 31, 2004, 4:26 pm
It seems like there's tons more miniguns now...
Just a never ending spray of bullets.

Ivan0
November 2, 2004, 6:34 pm

I've been jerking it for a *very* long time just because its an underused weapon (maybe required more patience/skill/shots/hits to kill?), and because i get this great feeling from stuffing someone full of lead pellets in the face.
So can someone please explain to me whats wrong with Spas?

SuperKill
November 2, 2004, 6:39 pm
(IMO)
its lame; hits too much, spams, dont even need to reload with it, and it makes a huge knock-back on whoever it hits.

Ivan0
November 2, 2004, 7:00 pm
anything else? because those reasons (besides the reload) is what most weapons are about

Droopy
November 2, 2004, 7:16 pm
I'm a soldat hippie! I have to love EVERYTHING. Even the EVUL weapoons that I will not name at this time.

DT
November 3, 2004, 3:41 pm
strangly enough i hate the chainsaw... i don't know why

blackdevil0742
November 3, 2004, 6:14 pm
i'm not saying that I hate the barret but with the ricohet...shooting in to the tunnel in inf_outpost the bullet bounces almost all the way.

Bang
November 3, 2004, 7:27 pm
i dont really see any weapon as a frustrating one... but its just me [:D]

Zero Wiggles Murasame
November 4, 2004, 7:01 am
I luv em all, some weapons that are your enemies at first can be your best friends later.

KnOt
November 4, 2004, 3:28 pm
You do have to reload with spas.. cos if you leave it reloading that last bullet only then your aim is pretty screwed up (The first bullet you fire as soon as you're done reloading is always a little fecked.. no matter what gun you have).. of course, if you wait a little then it's ok.. but with spas you instinctively fire the round as soon as it's loaded ..

Droopy
November 4, 2004, 4:24 pm
I ont know whats wrong with AK?

I still think it's preety easy to kill an AK user with a M79.
Actualy I KNOW this couse i use AK a lot :D

And barrett is better now. But there are still barrettards so....

scarecrow
November 4, 2004, 8:18 pm
BLEERGH alway that question.........
every gun is hated.... just use the gun you like and play at the servers where its liked too...
cuz:
deagles, overpowered
mp, lame
ak, overpowered
aug, too fast
spas, cant shoot back
ruger, easy
m79, boring
barret, boring
minimi, overpowered
minigun, enemy cant move....

EVERY gun is stupid if you listen to everyone, just use the gun you want :) ......

SigHunter
November 4, 2004, 10:54 pm
ruger

SuperKill
November 5, 2004, 8:41 am
how in f*cking hell is the deagles overpowered? and NO SH!T about the aug being fast!
quote:Originally posted by MessiahDoes anybody not aprreciate any work, all complaints. Now its the Ak-47 and Spas-12. First it was barret, appreciate what Michal has done instead of complaining all the time, he worked hard on this version so can we start a *What Do You Love About the Weapons Now!?* We can all adjust to Ak and Spas not a big deal =/, personally i dont like it but hey ill live.

oh and this is pretty retarded. schooling us about how we should appriciate his work, and then ending up by whining yourself.
just deal with the fact that this thread is just an opinion thread, nobody's really whining here.

Aquarius
November 5, 2004, 10:05 am
Weapons are almost perfectly balanced now, with one small exception:

- chainsaw should be a bit stronger (but not as strong as in 1.1.4)

Hektik Sniper
November 5, 2004, 10:53 am
Perfectly, except the bink needs to be removed on the m79 to stop it being totally useless

Major Pissant
November 5, 2004, 11:37 am
I think we should respect all weapons as well as all kind of weaponusers.

Post.Scriptum.
I do not H8 Barretts
DS

DT
November 5, 2004, 4:07 pm
yes i like all weapons... except for a few.. but overall all weapons have weakness and strenths... like the deagles... its got low shooting speed and range so get a aka and shot from afar!

kkazican
November 5, 2004, 6:28 pm
Deagles suck. The got 7 round clip and shoot faster than ruger. DT Don't get me startin about deagles.

RH3Z
November 6, 2004, 12:17 am
The weapons are balanced great, though i just hate the barret when you get half of the players on a map with it...

quote:Hektik Sniper Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 10:53:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perfectly, except the bink needs to be removed on the m79 to stop it being totally useless

D: Dont call my precious m79 useless

AnzX Vi3t
November 6, 2004, 2:34 am
Deagles dont suck..Dont know why you think it sux but its not..Anyways...i HATE ruger..for me...they always come out of no where an kill me before i get a chnace to shoot em...especialy when its a close combat....grrr

deejii
November 6, 2004, 9:53 am
minimi >:(

Teh Panda
November 6, 2004, 10:55 am
Okai. Everyone hates some weapon. Case closed. I think almost all weapons are right balanced. Little bit more something and all is ok.

Icarius
November 6, 2004, 4:20 pm
Ok, I'm going to admit that now the guns feel a hell of a lot more nicer thanks to the the richochet. The barret is still an instant kill weapon, but somehow it feels like a machine gun and a barret would have an equal match. Miniguns feel a lot weaker though, which is strange.... was the mini toned down?

I'm a happy bunny basically.

Deleted User
November 6, 2004, 4:59 pm
Ones that are not as hard to get alot of kills easily are the worst ones, like the barret or the m79. (my most hated)
But my main opinion is that if its part of the game, you just gotta get used to it. 99% of people complain about weapons like the barret being used becuase they cannot cope with people using it, and that sucking, no matter who uses it.
And also remember that luck is a big part of any game