( search forums )
Vote kicking problem...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
_Mancer_
October 27, 2004, 1:00 am
So far, ive been banned from about 7 or 8 servers, from retarded newbies having fun with vote kick. So far, Ive been banned from main ones like llamas...u13...this is insane.

It should kick for like 5 or 10 minutes, not a permenent ban.

I dont want to talk to the owner each time I get banned.

I know..its early into the 1.2.1 season. But soldat will suck if this continues.

FliesLikeABrick
October 27, 2004, 1:09 am
yeah, i found out what it is. the default percentage for vote kick is too low, and the newbs feel like kicking anyone they can because they're stupid like that. I raised the percentage in my server and the problem is gone. I unbanned everyone who was unfortunately banned because of this

Spectral
October 27, 2004, 1:10 am
im sorry, though a 5 to 10 minutes kick isn't right either, it allows hackers to get back in

Tha Doggfather
October 27, 2004, 1:10 am
you get banned for 30 minutes afaik...

kevith
October 27, 2004, 4:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
It should be like this:
If you vote kick a person he is banned for 1 hour. If the game detects possible cheating and people kick the person he is banned for the whole day or permanently.
I think it used to be 30 minutes in the old version.

LazehBoi
October 27, 2004, 4:25 am
I think it should have text saying "(name) called a vote kick/map" up the top left, so you can kick the little mofos when they're vote kick happy.

Mancer: POONED! :O

Spectral
October 27, 2004, 5:09 am
meh i know how you feel mancer, i just got vote kicked from llamas too :P

boof321
October 27, 2004, 6:33 am
The vote kick is going to be a huge problem. Ive already been voted off for no reason, people just like to press "yes" on the vote menu for the sake of it.Anyone with a kill to death ratio of less than 1:1 shouldnt be able to vote!!!

b00stA
October 27, 2004, 2:59 pm
boof, keeping away people from voting because they have a low kill/death ratio is pure BS.

The only thing Michal has to do is increase the default vote percentage in my opinion.

Deleted User
October 28, 2004, 3:50 pm
Kick vote and map vote percentage settings should be separated in my opinion.