( search forums )
1.2.1 unofficial bug list
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
FliesLikeABrick
October 27, 2004, 2:57 am
1) for multiple people, when ctf_equinox loads, it crashes their soldat, freezing on the scores of the previous map. If the player waits long enough, they get a message saying "Socket Timeout" and have to end the soldat process.

2) This is not really a bug, but the defauly percentage for the vote kick is set way too low. it should be set to at least 80% in order to keep newbs from kicking anyone who they think is too good. multiple servers have already encountered this problem.

there are a couple other map bugs similiar to #1, but i have yet to pinpoint what the conditions are for them

_Mancer_
October 27, 2004, 3:03 am
3. Something was wrong with the map download portion. It seems that some maps cannot be downloaded...for instance..I tryed to d/l a bullettime2 map, yet it said it was the wrong version.

4. Small bug: When you select a server in the lobby...it kinda has a problem with the scroll and goes to a server you didnt click on...messing with your head.

5. Lag seems to be a problem in the Corytyre map or whatever the frig its called. the one with the nuclear plant. It seems the scenery Lags and causes my FPS to go down by half... Or I just have a shi+tah ass computer.

TigerDragon
October 27, 2004, 3:47 am
i think its ur pc cuz its fine on mine, maybe its da spray boucning off da walls

FliesLikeABrick
October 27, 2004, 3:57 am
Chrenobyl, and yes, it does run really unefficiently on many computers because of all the custom scenery and other detail. I am taking it out of my server rotation because it doesn't run well enough for a bunch of people.

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 27, 2004, 4:53 am
hmmmmm, Mancer, you probably tried to dl the Bullettime2 map on my server, which I think doesn't let other ppl dl because I have a router of some sort, hope that can be fixed soon.

Also, Survival mode is quite buggy, and it only seems to work on deathmatch, other times, I would have to /restart.

Soulsnipa
October 27, 2004, 5:26 am
6. If you port isnt default the map downloader does NOT work.

STEELIX
October 27, 2004, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
2) This is not really a bug, but the defauly percentage for the vote kick is set way too low. it should be set to at least 80% in order to keep newbs from kicking anyone who they think is too good. multiple servers have already encountered this problem.

yes... that happened to me... on YOUR server [xx(]

Aegis
October 28, 2004, 12:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipa

quote:From the Soldat Manual
TCP/IP: files port = game port + 10 (default 23083)

This may be related to your problem?

Suomipoika
October 28, 2004, 10:38 am
Yae.

In accident i pressed Alt + B during in soldat for a while.
So the brightness did go to heavens!
Rebooting did help, But i can still see the hight brightness when Minimializing soldat (F9) , Starting soldat , and when cant join to some server.
Reinstall soldat & Boot didnt help.

[?]

kongzer
October 28, 2004, 4:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aegis
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipa

quote:From the Soldat Manual
TCP/IP: files port = game port + 10 (default 23083)

This may be related to your problem?

I have the same problem, auto-map dler freezes other people, im thinking its my router too, but in the quote, what does the + 10 mean? does it mean it uses ports 23083-23093? or 23073-23083?