( search forums )
Vote Solution/Severe balance problems on invasion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
frogboy
October 27, 2004, 7:23 am
Firstly, two ways to solve the vote kick problem (i.e. people being voted out for no reason):

- A limit on how many votes that can be started per set time limit; or
- A message in the server or in game saying something along the lines of, "Soldier started a vote: kick FrogboY".

And the balance problems on inf_invasion. The map is too easy for red, blue get barely any points because it is reverse inf. I was red for a round of this, and the game ended within 2 minutes. Therefore, the flags could be re-reversed (e.g. black flag is in the blue's base, white at red's), or the black flag be moved up, possibly to the entrance to the bunker.

Elephant_Hunter
October 27, 2004, 7:58 am
I agree with these suggestions.

bucky_brad
October 27, 2004, 9:05 am
yup, sounds good.

ThaD
October 27, 2004, 11:35 am
yea invasion is so unbalanced, its so easy to score with m79;/

GluLm
October 27, 2004, 2:42 pm
I agree with frogboy on all points.
This map is so unbalanced, I still don't understand how it became an official map. :/
At least re-reversing it would make it fair. Bleah!

DT
October 27, 2004, 3:21 pm
Yes i agree with show who started it...so it would alow people to know if the same guy is trying to vote kick everyone.
everything else though i say nah

3rd_account
October 27, 2004, 4:27 pm
Nice ideas!

Might I suggest that it could be easier to vote Nay. If I were to get that box in the corner, and got forced to move my paw aaaall the way from WASD to the end of the function-series to get rid of that box, someone should suffer the consequences of moving my paw involuntary. Which results in a vote kick. There for, ESC could be Nay (or to just smite away the box), while F12 is Aye-Aye.

Jap_man
October 28, 2004, 8:21 am
yar i say we re-reverse the flags in inf_invasion

Element_101
October 28, 2004, 11:24 am
Nice, good to see some positive out put coming out of the community for once.

DT
October 28, 2004, 3:23 pm
ah thiers plenty of positive coming out element [file]guin.gif,12724,,[/file]

I say we get 1 vote every 5-10 mins

3rd_account
October 28, 2004, 8:41 pm
Hmm, got vote kicked three times in a row as soon as i joined a server. Now i agree that it should take at least 75 percent to kick someone off.

Melba
October 28, 2004, 10:29 pm
inf_invasion is a historical map as everyone should know, and i think that if you do not win when you are bravo, you suck.
The map is intended to be hard for alpha.
imo the map is brilliant (the idea, not the map. Overlord was better) the map is a real challenge for alpha, and they shouldnt be pissed if they lose.
this map will of course never be played in "important matches" since its so unbalanced, but cw are only vtf anyway ;)
So if someone on bravo says "OMFG OWNED j00"... well, that someone is an idiot.

KeFear
October 29, 2004, 12:14 am
For bravo? Oh my god! :) Well... i haven't played it yet, but i've seen the map, alpha gets the map just right after respawn...

_Mancer_
October 29, 2004, 12:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Melba
inf_invasion is a historical map as everyone should know, and i think that if you do not win when you are bravo, you suck.
The map is intended to be hard for alpha.
imo the map is brilliant (the idea, not the map. Overlord was better) the map is a real challenge for alpha, and they shouldnt be pissed if they lose.
this map will of course never be played in "important matches" since its so unbalanced, but cw are only vtf anyway ;)
So if someone on bravo says "OMFG OWNED j00"... well, that someone is an idiot.

...You forget that bravo gets POINTS by having the flag in base. If the red team keeps grabbing it, bravo will never get points, thus losing the game.

DT
October 29, 2004, 2:14 am
tell that to bravo team then...

kevith
October 29, 2004, 3:41 am
Well if blue can keep red from scoring by entering the base, blue just has to wait for the round to end by time, rather than points. Hopefully the server has the round timer low enough so that it's possible.

As far as the voting goes, there is a limit of sorts but I'm not positive about how it functions yet (since I don't want to keep calling votes against everybody) but one time I called a vote and then called another vote about 30 seconds later and it said "you can't call another vote for 1:30" (or something like that).

F3nyx
October 29, 2004, 3:57 am
Invasion is terribly unbalanced. It's more or less impossible for Blue to win unless they manage to completely shut out Red -- harder than it sounds; despite their fortified position the goal flag is COMPLETELY out in the open, and easy to reach for any runner who gets boosted to the top of the bunker.

If the flag was moved up, perhaps beside the bunker, Blue might have a chance to actually score some points. Invasion has definite potential for 8 players or less, but right now it just doesn't work.