( search forums )
My love - The Movement
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
October 27, 2004, 6:24 pm
Yes, yes, I know I've posted about it a kazillion times, but I don't think 'overcomlication' is enough to block it.So here goes.

Blast-jet
This would basically be, that if you double tap a direction, your soldat would burn his jets down, and blast himself forward.More jet burned, greater distance the blast is.'nuff said.

Aerodynamics
Sure, we have a chainsaw...but what for if you can't catch the opponent?This would make a difference: you press down when in air, and your soldat falls faster.'nuff said.

That's about it.Discuss.

b00stA
October 27, 2004, 6:32 pm
The blast jet would fit into Soldat if it wasn't too extreme.. and maybe it could be another button, too. I'd hate to accidentially boost myself into some spikes.
I think it's something that has to be tested..
should it empty your complete jet fuel at once? or would it be like an alternative jet that basically works the same like the normal one?

Falling down faster.. if implemented at all, it should be compensated by another disadvantage. Maybe your aim would become worse or something like that.
It's just a bit experimental, that's why we should go through different versions imho.

DeMonIc
October 27, 2004, 6:54 pm
The blasting...well, now that you mention it, it's hard to imagine precisely how it'd work...but I think it would empty a great part of your fuel.

The fall...yes, maybe you should suffer from the bink effect while your doing it and at landing, so it won't be abused with M79, barrett, law...

bucky_brad
October 27, 2004, 7:38 pm
I have always wanted Blast-jets. I think a double tap in the directiion you want to go should be ok, works fine in UT. and mabey it could take away 1/4 of your jets? 2/5's?

falling I am not to keen on but not really against it either so =P.

R0L4ND
October 27, 2004, 8:29 pm
The falling idea is BAD. It gives the mid-air player a further advantage over the "grounded" guy, because he has the most freedom of movement. It's good as it is.

Magniitude
October 27, 2004, 9:08 pm
Maybe just faster jets as a secondary? And the kind of faster falls i'd prefer are parachuting cuts. Especially when you're falling and theres a sniper with a barret on a cliff or somewhere. Boom. and you can't really do anything about it.

DT
October 27, 2004, 9:55 pm
Boosting would help with those barrets... and you go faster
i could blast right past a camper and kill him before he even knows it
and less miniguns will be used...

LazehBoi
October 27, 2004, 10:16 pm
I don't like the aerodynamics, but I do like the blast jet... It would be good if you could only go upwards with it, and not blast yourself horizontally.

STEELIX
October 27, 2004, 10:51 pm
In another game I play, which is kinda unknown so I wont bother you guys with it, there's a thing called nitro with the jetpack... press space and you get an extra boost in the air. It's a really nifty part of the gameplay there

AcE
October 30, 2004, 1:23 pm
the blast jet sound like a good idea ill like that

Teh Panda
October 30, 2004, 2:04 pm
Blast Jet as secondary idea is pretty good. You'll lose the advantage in secondaries and it's pretty balanced then...

Subslider
October 30, 2004, 3:17 pm
blast thingy is nice good idea.. hope to see it in..

not quite sure what you mean by the other part.. if it involfes chainsaw trowing.. im for it.. :P

October 30, 2004, 7:26 pm
I like that aerodynamics idea. Tones down all of the overpowered weapons (all of them) by reducing their chance of hitting.

R0L4ND
October 30, 2004, 7:28 pm
Blast jets as a secondary, I can support that.

But nothing else suggested.

Manifold
October 30, 2004, 7:38 pm
Maybe.. A person could have the choice of having very fast blast jets, with short speedy boosts, or the normal jet. That would add more variety into Soldat.

papasurf31
October 31, 2004, 6:09 pm
I like both ideas. Blast jets can be double tap the direction you want to go in, taking about half of your fuel. The whole downward momentum thing, do you mean like how in SSB, you press the down button and you fall faster, but makes it so that it takes a bit longer for you to get back up? If that's the case, I like that idea too.

BTW - while we're on the subject of SSB, I'd really like it if we were able to double jump. It could just be a another jump at the top of the original, but with less height. Using this would disable jets whle you're in the air so you can't double jump and fly at the same time.

The Geologist
October 31, 2004, 7:51 pm
Good idea! The concept of a faster boost/jet is kind of appealing. Perhaps the use of such a feature wouldn't automatically use up all your jet fuel, but could deplete it at a much faster rate than usual.

As for the second idea..I can't say I agree with it, if any reason for my love of simply physics. Objects can only call so fast..IMO pressing down to make yourself fall faster would simpyl be too unrealistic. Good ideas though..got any more?

DeMonIc
October 31, 2004, 8:26 pm
I just want to make some "underdog" weapons more usable, and add a little spice to the game.I mean, how many times can I pull the "m79 jump to tunnel exit and saw the escaping EFC in the tunnel" trick on inf_warehouse?We need more variability.I don't want to post many ideas at once, because those topics sink faster coz usually people grab onto one suggestion, and discuss that only.Stand by for more tough ;]

die nadel
October 31, 2004, 9:32 pm
meh decent ideas i guess...