( search forums )
The Increase of Hate and Vote-Abuse
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
liquidis x snake
October 28, 2004, 2:08 am
So with the new version, the barrett has been nerfed (I hate it now, but that doesn't matter). Apparently, many people who are / were anti-barretts think the new one is perfect or getting there. That's great, less hate.

But when I joined several servers, it seemd as though the anti-Barrett feeling actually increased. I shot some people with it, and so then four to five people yell "Barrett noob" or "tard" or whatever stupid sh*t they manage to type.

Okay, the barrett was made less effective and harder to use, yet they STILL think you are a noob for using one. What the f*ck is wrong with you people. Shut the f*ck up about it.

What pissed me off, though, is that within seconds of someone saying this, they called a vote on me. Yes, I was kicked. This happened in the first four servers I played, and has happened twice since.

Go complain about the M79 or AK or some sh*t. We barretters take enough sh*t as it is, theres no need for any more even with the nerfing of our beloved weapon.

_Mancer_
October 28, 2004, 2:17 am
Black Power!

Wait er..

Barret Power!

DeafBox
October 28, 2004, 2:17 am
i wouldnt worry 2 much, ppl will realise that the vote % is 2 low and soon they will start to be raised. Also, if they kick you cos ur owning em do u really want to play there?

karmazon
October 28, 2004, 2:18 am
Some people just press F12 to make the window disappear...That's why F12 should be NO

Icarius
October 28, 2004, 3:03 am
F12.

HAHAHA BARRET HATERS UNITE!

But I actually don't mind it now, it's been nerfed but I can still headshot everything with it.

GluLm
October 28, 2004, 10:14 am
Increase of hate, increase of abuse... It also happened to me several times already.

I've been voted kick/banned for throwing the ennemy team's flag upon the roof on ctf_B2b.
Some newbie said I was camping (ha..ha..ha..) and thus voted. I snickered, closed my eyes while pressing F11, and got kicked out. :)

The other times I got kicked was because I used AK-74.

Deleted User
October 28, 2004, 10:28 am
People get put onto the vote kick because that is what the new anti cheat does, instead of just kicking them. People see the vote come up - "Hey, people must hate LxS" *F12*

Go onto good servers. Servers where people understand the voting and what its for ¬_¬

SuperKill
October 28, 2004, 10:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Icarius
F12.

But I actually don't mind it now, it's been nerfed but I can still headshot everything with it.

k mr.im-gonna-own-you-with-barret.

palloco
October 28, 2004, 12:54 pm
I suggest that before anyone is kickvoted for using barret, he votes for kicking the one who called him n00b. Therefore he will be kicked and every1 happy.

DT
October 28, 2004, 4:10 pm
F12 wait... whos goinging? oh well long as that window is gone

ah snake don't worry about it thier bunch of pussys that can't handle it ... give me the severs you were kicked out...
so i can make them feel the pain of the deagles!

Icarius
October 28, 2004, 4:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
quote:Originally posted by Icarius
F12.

k mr.im-gonna-own-you-with-barret.

I suck when I'm under pressure :P You know, the shakey hand syndrome and stuff.

Chakra
October 28, 2004, 6:50 pm
I always press F11 ...[:-censored]ing imbeciles who must take argueing that step further.

If you got the balls, fight your enemy, don't get rid of him.. you pussies.

Hitman
October 28, 2004, 6:55 pm
What would be a nice little addition would be to have a reason why this person is up for a vote-ban above the little box. If it's started by the server for suspected cheating then it would obviously have that written there. However, if somebody else starts a vote to kick somebody, then they'd have to write why they are voting him, and I doubt they're gonna write 'Cause he's better than me.'

I've seen many people ask 'why?' when the vote box comes up, so I think this would be a good addition.

kevith
October 28, 2004, 7:14 pm
I agree with Hitman. I also agree with Karmazon that F12 should be No and F11 Yes. It's easier to hit F12 without thinking about it (I have to look down to quickly find F11).

Social Poison
October 28, 2004, 7:37 pm
I was playing in a pub server earlier today and my name came up for vote kick eight times. Fortunatly the people I was playing with had a brain in their heads and voted no (thanks guys)... but it happened time and time again. All the while people ask who's throwing up the vote kicks and no one answers.

I think the player who initialized the vote kick should be put in the top of the box. I doubt these effing cowards will try it much then (and if they do... after several vote kick attempts you'll probably see HIS name come up for kick).

On a side note this has made it much easier to kick idlers.

Pulp
October 28, 2004, 8:26 pm

Or just let all admins change the vote percentage to 70 or 80 pct.

Would be harder to vote a map, but it avoids the "funkicks".