( search forums )
Translating the Game
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
__SnoOpy__
October 28, 2004, 3:20 am
Can anyone tell/teach me, what should I modify if I want to translate the game? And what should I use to modify it with?

Cause if possible, I would like to translate the game into Chinese and draw more players to Soldat :D

3rd_account
October 28, 2004, 11:03 am
Soldat\Txt\Languages\english.txt

Translate it to ASCII signs. Then you'd have to modify the bgothl.ttf and lucon.ttf

Element_101
October 28, 2004, 11:10 am
You speak chinese? your from canada...

b00stA
October 28, 2004, 12:40 pm
What 3rd account means, is that you will have to use standard characters. Basically the english letters..
For example german "Umlaute" won't work in Soldat: ä ö ü

When you edit the text file DO NOT add or remove lines! Only edit them. Otherwise the texts in Soldat will be messed up.

__SnoOpy__
October 28, 2004, 3:18 pm
I don't know how to translate Asian language into ASCII sign?
Sometimes, when I view Asian sites with Western Eouropean encoding, it shows some kinf of .. mess, are those it?

And what should I modify bgothl.ttf and lucon.ttf with? Any kind of software?

Dathker
October 28, 2004, 5:03 pm
lol sn00py you would have to learn chinese first...but yoiu could find a chinese font and just save it as bgoth.tt etc

3rd_account
October 28, 2004, 6:59 pm
sno0py> Use any ASCII sign for any chinese signs.

For example, when I translated soldat into Swedish, I made + ` ; _ ^ * look like å Å ä Ä ö Ö with this http://www.high-logic.com/fcp.html 30 day-trial program.
The only drawback from editing fonts would be that player names aren't shown as they are ment to.

__SnoOpy__
October 28, 2004, 11:29 pm
Don't understand fully but OK

For those two people, Why would I want to translate the game into chinese, if I don't speak chinese?