( search forums )
Be able to kick! (fighting)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Joakim Christiansen
October 28, 2004, 1:16 pm
I once had a fist fight server, we had quite fun.
But it would be more fun if we could kick em.
You could make it so Q toggles "fist" and "kick"
When the slowmotion came on I almost felt like I was in Matrix...

Teh Panda
October 28, 2004, 2:09 pm
wee add headbutts too! >:/

DT
October 28, 2004, 3:18 pm
it would be nice to see some other thing then punch...

bucky_brad
October 28, 2004, 3:50 pm
no.

R0L4ND
October 28, 2004, 4:08 pm
Could be fun.

Icarius
October 28, 2004, 4:26 pm
YEAH, AND WHY NOT ADD FIREBALLS TOO!!!! OMFG AND THE IDEA OF HAVING AN IORI HAIRCUT AS WELL!! AND AND ALL THESE COOL COMBO'S AND MID AIR CHAINS, AND SUPER SPECIAL MOVES, AND SUPER CANCLES, AND ALL THIS OTHER GAY [:-censored] WE DON'T NEED!!!! :D

-Claw-
October 28, 2004, 6:32 pm
raisin your virtual ego by TYPING WITH CAPS!!?!??!??! or were you jealous because this wasn't your idea? how many times you need to punch other to kill him? 5? try to kill someone with 5 punches to stomach, if you sucsess, those 5 hits COULD kill in Realistic mode... so, wtf is that puch thingy even doing... and also it looks funny how does that soldier punch... so live with that... :P

The Geologist
October 28, 2004, 6:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by -Claw-
raisin your virtual ego by TYPING WITH CAPS!!?!??!??! or were you jealous because this wasn't your idea? how many times you need to punch other to kill him? 5? try to kill someone with 5 punches to stomach, if you sucsess, those 5 hits COULD kill in Realistic mode... so, wtf is that puch thingy even doing... and also it looks funny how does that soldier punch... so live with that... :P

I highly doubt Icarius is jealous over an idea that's been suggested plenty of times before. Baka...learn to search.

DT
October 28, 2004, 7:51 pm
jump kicking...
[IMAGE]

3rd_account
October 28, 2004, 8:21 pm
I'd just love biting, scratching and slaping. We could also have bitches and hoes.

DeMonIc
October 28, 2004, 8:21 pm
I'm not totally against it...when you're unarmed, and press throw, maybe you should do a kick, that directly goes for knocking out the weapon....but with almost the same damage as the fist.

ArmadonRK
October 28, 2004, 10:52 pm
And when you're kicking and moving, I suppose you'd be walking on your hands? It's too impractical. All weapons in Soldat can be used while moving. For kicking, your chracter would have to stop, and be vulerable to attack.

mooseproduce
October 28, 2004, 11:10 pm
I think a hand to hand system would be excessively(spelled right?) cool. Basically, hand to hand weapons like knives, machetes, bats, whatever could be implemented... clicking would make you swing it. And depending on whether you aimed up or down he might slash upwards or downwards.

Joakim Christiansen
October 28, 2004, 11:34 pm
I agree DeMonIc, that would be perfect.

karmazon
October 28, 2004, 11:38 pm
Headbutting would be teh secks

GluLm
October 29, 2004, 12:28 am
Idea.
Kick: while having no weapon in hands,
press the 'reload' button for a short time (just like with the grenades)
and when you release it, your soldier jump-strafe in the direction you chose with your cursor. The damage depends on how long you pressed the reload button (since you had to load it in order to kick, it's harder than a simple punch).
Of course the small jump would be as long as a barret, NOT one of those uber jump kicking in martial arts...

Edit: and don't forget headbutts.

DT
October 29, 2004, 2:25 am
so now soldats are flying kickboxers...

Magniitude
October 29, 2004, 2:30 am
I really don't think its a good idea. To start off with, punches have NO RANGE!!! You'd have to be like a game milimeter away to actually hit the other soldat, and then its a button mashing contest to see who wins first. And if the other guy has a gun...

And also, melee wouldnt work because the focus point of Soldat is guns. If we gave it melee , then it would kill the point of the game.

Deleted User
October 29, 2004, 1:17 pm
Magniitude: By your logic the point is already killed.

Element_101
October 29, 2004, 1:55 pm
Its a disarm move in soldat now, not a punch. Even a punch dosn't fit in in soldat.

Jap_man
October 29, 2004, 2:00 pm
Why bother?

DT
October 29, 2004, 3:19 pm
wonder if people know they have secondarys...
if you have a socom you don't have to worry about kicking or punching...

wunderbear
October 30, 2004, 2:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_accountI'd just love biting, scratching and slaping. We could also have bitches and hoes.

Exactly! We could have moves like "PIMPSLAP!" [:D]

m00`
October 30, 2004, 11:29 pm
I love this idea and I 100% agree with demonics idea, this wont harm soldat at all, a simple kicking poa would be really cool

LazehBoi
October 31, 2004, 12:07 am
Everybody was kung fu fighting~

I dunno, I guess it would be okay to have a punch - kick thing, but not to have them seperate.

wunderbear
October 31, 2004, 10:04 am
A mod that people like! this doesn't come very often. Good idea.

Rhombus
October 31, 2004, 2:00 pm
It would be fun... make the respaw time like... an hour!!! and then shoot someones head off with barret or sumtin, then just play soccer :p

die nadel
November 2, 2004, 4:32 am
lol, maybe we should at least branch off a little from making it look like you are whacking off? not different attacks or anything, just a bit more complex of an animation?

F3nyx
November 2, 2004, 4:52 am
Demonic's idea rocks. When unarmed, fire for punch, throw for kick. Brilliant. Maybe kicks should be more powerful, longer ranged, and with a longer "reload" time than punches.

Sprocket
November 2, 2004, 11:34 am
i made a "kick mod" once. but it turned out to be the worst mod ever.
the punch animation got merged into the run animation so it was just a mess.
it a kick is optional, you will need a new animation

Kazuki
November 2, 2004, 1:10 pm
Even though Jap Man's post was totally space-taking and lacked a lot of detail, I agree with him. Why bother? I mean seriously, why put a man to work for something that people will grow tired of in a mere 2 days, and something that most of the population think is stupid. I don't know. It just seems so pointless to me, that's all. =|

Edit: DT, stop pointing out things that we already know, damn it. lol, We know about secondaries, and we know what kicks look like. I dare you to make a post that consists of at least 20 different words and makes sense. Also, make it relevant to the topic. -_-

DT
November 2, 2004, 3:42 pm
Kicks are more powerful then a punch due to all the skin and bone and meat thats in your foot but you must use one foot becuse if you use two you will fall down. punching is moreless for speed.
theres your 20 words...
in a nutshell
kick = more power
punch = faster

Deleted User
November 2, 2004, 4:41 pm
/me likes this idea
/me thinks Demonic's idea is the best.
/me *KICK-BANG*

BManx2000
November 2, 2004, 7:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTbut you must use one foot becuse if you use two you will fall down.

NO DUH!

Deleted User
November 2, 2004, 8:58 pm
g00d idea [].

Magniitude
November 2, 2004, 10:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by 4kiLL-HunterZg00d idea [].

Don't post things like this. This is just a repeat of what others have said. We want your individual opinions, not a repeat of what people say.
If you want to say "good idea," then give a reason for it.

Jello
November 5, 2004, 2:35 am
Wtf this is Soldat, not [IMAGE]in'...street fighter or something.
Who uses punch anyways? It's not like it's that important. It's just a bad idea.
Soldats a SIMPLE game, and there arent a a hell of alot like it.
Enjoy it for what it is.

RH3Z
November 6, 2004, 12:41 am
LOve the idea...
[URL] <==Like that :D...

Duke33
November 6, 2004, 1:36 am
Well, if it's for the 'coolness' factor, do it like this: press fire to punch, as always, when unarmed. But, along with that, it will randomly alternate between kick and punch. That's just asthetics, but there's nothing wrong with that. You could even alternate in heatbutts, different types of punches and kicks, etc etc. Punching matches, or just screwing around would suddenly become cool to watch and do. I like that idea.

But having different damages and different buttons, and all that...pretty soon it would be just another button mashing combo crap freeware game. No thank you.