( search forums )
Soldat Music Video (10mb, Good quality)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Ravey
October 28, 2004, 5:22 pm
Hey there, now that you're here... Check out my Soldat Music Video. I tried to show how fun Soldat can be and the use of various weapons. The video is inspired by Project X and it's actually pretty good. Taking advantage of my bot names and the music I used, I'm calling this video 'Metal Gear Soldat'. I enjoyed making the video and hope you guys like it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rabblebabble

Yes, I found this old file archive account lying around on SmartFTP so I decided to use it. Instructions on downloading the video can be found on the page. Remember, Lycos doesn't allow hotlinking so you will need to 'Right click and Save Target As'.

Download will take around 3-5 minutes usually on Broadband, the file is 10mb and very good quality. The video runs for 54 seconds, I didn't want to drag it on forever. [:D]

Weapons Used in the Video:
Combat Knife (Often)
Barret
Steyr AUG
Grenades

Credits:

The Music
From Metal Gear Solid 3: Infiltration (Intro)
From Metal Gear Solid 2: One Snake and One Big Boss (Video)

The Title image - Uses the Snake character image on Gamespot and a screenshot from Soldat.pl

Video - Played and recorded by me using Fraps. Finished off with editing in Windows Movie Maker V2.0
---
Any feedback is welcome, I am thinking of working on various music videos in the future depending on whether people like this one or not.

b00stA
October 28, 2004, 6:05 pm
(moved to Fan Art & Movies)

Maybe you should get www.selfkill.com to host your movie. They're also hosting Project X...

Ravey
October 28, 2004, 6:16 pm
Ahhh, sorry. I must've missed the forum, I was unsure where to put it so I put it in General.

Hmmmm... Yeah, maybe I could host it on SelfKill. Although it's a little unfair to hog their bandwidth. :P

die nadel
October 31, 2004, 8:29 pm
nice job, good movie, and man that guy sucks :P
or wait, maybe you just own :/

Teh Panda
November 1, 2004, 1:10 pm
I dont really like this movie... It's so average.

Arcane of Flame
November 16, 2004, 10:49 pm
Man, I don't want to meet you in a dark alley ;)

Messiah
November 17, 2004, 12:01 am
Holy [IMAGE]ing huge siggy.

antiCamper
November 17, 2004, 2:43 am
IT SUCKS !

MarciveR
November 17, 2004, 3:58 am
Not bad, I like the music.

Deleted User
November 17, 2004, 9:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Teh PandaI dont really like this movie... It's so average.

quote:Originally posted by antiCamperIT SUCKS !

Compare.

Now, who is gonna get a warning if he acts like this again? ;)

I like the movie...but if you carry on making movies, try and time the footage with the music. Also, try using much more impressive kills, most people get bored with the same kill-kill-kill they could see in a public server. :)

Ravey
November 21, 2004, 4:35 pm
quote:IT SUCKS!
I am going to go cry now.

quote:I like the movie...but if you carry on making movies, try and time the footage with the music. Also, try using much more impressive kills, most people get bored with the same kill-kill-kill they could see in a public server. :)

Yeah, I was working on a pretty nice one not long ago but I stopped for awhile. Just need some ideas to inspire a new movie, I was thinking of maybe a mix of Soldat/Doom videos. The thing I hate is that I'm never recording whenever I do really nice shots (I had one today where I knifed a guy from a distance, m79'd someone behind me and stole some desert eagles to finish off another guy... While throwing grenades at a group of others... Pretty good game)

Back to this video, I did time it pretty well with the video but I didn't like it as much as some of my old videos. I'll probably work on a new one soon. :)

antiCamper
December 7, 2004, 5:29 pm
... SO COOL, ROX !!!! NICE JOB !!! I LOVE UR SALAD !!

KnOt
December 8, 2004, 9:58 am
Well.. Some parts of it I found cool, but it was nothing special as you/others said. I look forward to seeing more work from you though :p

Deleted User
December 8, 2004, 4:39 pm
I don't like it well...
or... the knife things ar good.

Taxista
December 15, 2004, 1:26 pm
I like it too, but it have a bad ending :|

[S][K]Taxi

Ravey
December 15, 2004, 5:43 pm
I've got time to work on a new one. Thinking of something Soldact-style.