( search forums )
I HATE to whine but,
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Kirby_106
October 28, 2004, 10:35 pm
First off I hate to do this and whine, because soldat is a wonderful game. I know michal but ALOT of effert into it. I LOVED 1.2. Im not really loving 1.2.1. First off a couple of questions.

1.Am I the only one who doesent like the richocet?

2.PLEASE tell me theres a way to turn off the thing that when your typing your whole screen gets filled up with everything everyone has said.

3.Is the pistol reload sound diffrent?

4.How does the bullet time work? Does it only happend with bots?

5. *cries* what will happend to my mods? Can I transfer them over to 1.2.1? Or are they gone forever?

6.What happend to the ragdoll? It seems theres no more flying the way you got shot. Its not just when you get shot you go straight down.

7. I dont really like how u can shoot the boxes and they move.

Im not saying this version is ALL bad. I still love soldat and its my favorite game, but I dont like the richocet and bullet time.

*puts on flame suit* ...go ahead...

?
October 28, 2004, 10:36 pm
I totally agree lets call a meeting....

Deleted User
October 28, 2004, 10:39 pm
1. No you aren't.
2. No you can't.
3. No.
4. Bullet time happens when everyone in the server is near each other, and then someone dies.
5. You can install old mods from 1.2 onto 1.2.1 and they will work perfectly.
6. I don't know about this...

BManx2000
October 28, 2004, 10:41 pm
1. Yes.
2. I don't think so, but this was in 1.2 which you loved.
3. Eh?
4. Bullet time happens when eveyone is close to someone when they are killed. It can be turned off.
5. You will have to re-install the mod you were using, but that's it.
6. Somebody already posted this.
7. You can turn it off, and it only happens offline.

Damn you, Stalky!

Melba
October 28, 2004, 10:47 pm
1. NO!

Kirby_106
October 28, 2004, 10:50 pm
*wheif* im glad im not the only that doesent like the bullet bounces. Bmanx what do you mean it was in my beloved 1.2? It didint fill up the entire screen with messages and stuff

n00bface
October 28, 2004, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kirby_106
*wheif* im glad im not the only that doesent like the bullet bounces. Bmanx what do you mean it was in my beloved 1.2? It didint fill up the entire screen with messages and stuff

yes it did. i guess you never heard about the fix.

Kirby_106
October 28, 2004, 10:56 pm
sorry had to add some more things
8.What did they do to come of the ctf maps?! I feel like they kinda ruined some of the feel on some of them

9.That sniper line curser being small is stupid. Why would it be THAT small? Its hard to see.

Kasto
October 28, 2004, 11:02 pm
8. only two ctf maps were majorly changed (B2b and Voland)

9. it is made so you could miss sometimes too.

Kirby_106
October 28, 2004, 11:27 pm
yes, but I still dont like the curser kasto lol.
Still, even if it is only two maps, I need to get used to it.

Kirby_106
October 28, 2004, 11:38 pm
-edit nvm

karmazon
October 28, 2004, 11:41 pm
Kirby please stop...

Hitman
October 29, 2004, 12:09 am
Kirby, please tell me what exactly you don't like about the ricochet. Also, I don't like the way you're using 'they' when referring to somebody ruining B2b. First of all, the Beta testers did not ruin B2b, let alone any of the maps, all they did was simply test them. Secondly, I don't understand how a simple theme change to a map can ruin it. If that's the case for you, then you obviously prefer looks over game-play. I feel that the new theme and alterations of B2b are great.

Your problem with being able to shoot the boxes only happens on LANquote: Added - Grenade and medikit boxes can be hit by bullets on LAN..but I'm sure this shouldn't be such a big deal, or are you worried it'll affect your game play against bots?

I also really don't understand why you don't like bullet time. It only happens when everybody in the game is on the screen, and somebody dies. It has no way of affecting your game play, as everybody is affected by it, and it only happens very rarely. I think it's a great addition, and adds a cooler effect to dieing. Plus, it's an option.

*Confused*

N1nj@
October 29, 2004, 12:09 am
Kirby_106 stfu, if you dont like it, then dont fuking play, nobody is making you play 1.2.1, install 1.2 yourself and play with your god damn self with bots, fuking loser/hater

Kirby_106
October 29, 2004, 1:56 am
Ninja I dont hate it. Infact im starting to get used to it. I just had a freak attack when I first joined a B2B map and saw snow. After playing for alittle while im beguining to like it alittle more. As for the bullet time and the moving boxes, I didint know the information till you guys posted. Im not trying to be a hater of the game, infact I love this game. I have all the big games like CS,UT, HL, ect but I still decide to play soldat.

P.S. oh and for your info I hate bots X.X

N1nj@
October 29, 2004, 2:07 am
Kirby_106: learn to fuking read the changelog before downloading the update then. fuking whiner pisses me off

Spectral
October 29, 2004, 2:30 am
bots pwn you.

kevith
October 29, 2004, 3:53 am
I bet you've never RTFM'd either ;)

DT
October 29, 2004, 4:10 pm
READ

List of changes 1.2.0 - 1.2.1:
Added Auto map downloading from server
Added Bullet and missile ricochets
Added New Advance Mode
Added Bullet time effect
Added Auto recording feature
Added Mute player option (commands: /mute, /unmute)
Added Option to take screenshot on final score
Added Bots aim better with Barret and Ruger on Impossible level
Added Weapons aim is affected by bullet hits (the bink effect)
Added Aim is affected more by player speed
Added In CTF health and grenade boxes spawn on players team side, player can pick up enemy boxes and "steal" them on his side
Added Players get kicked from server after 5 minute idle time
Added Console messages are transparent after pressing F1
Added Option to disable sniper line server-side in soldat.ini
Added New map anti-hack system
Added anti-idiot system (still testing)
Added New voting system with menu for selecting "yes" or "no"
Added Server makes an automatic kick vote if cheating is detected to prevent unfortunate bans
Added Weapon muzzle collision detection with polygons and colliders to prevent hidden camping
Added Grenade and medikit boxes can be hit by bullets on LAN
Added Parachute drops off after pressing jets button
Added /maxplayers to commands list in manual
Added New buttons for mp3 playing: F6 - Previous song; F7 - Next Song
Added New DM maps: remake of old HH, Bigfalls, Tropiccave
Added New CTF maps: ctf_Chernobyl, ctf_Crashed, ctf_Dropdown, ctf_Equinox, ctf_Maya
Added New INF map: inf_Invasion
Modified Mp3's are now played only through .m3u lists (put them in the \Mp3 folder)
Modified Minigun has less bullet spray
Modified Ak-74 has slightly more power
Modified Cursor is 2 times smaller with sniper line
Modified Kill console is longer
Modified Death ambient sound
Modified Guns stay 5 seconds longer
Modified Maps: ctf_B2b, ctf_Voland, Arena2 and other minor map changes
Modified No limit for unregistered version demo recordings
Modified More recoil in realistic mode for Ruger 77
Modified Survival mode enabled in Pointmatch and CTF
Modified Servers list sorts by ping after request
Modified Health and grenade box don't spawn at the same place after picking up
Modified Explosions have less impact on flags
Fixed Double shooting law exploit
Fixed Server filter options not saved
Fixed Flag collisions with map and player
Fixed Mp3 playing during intro
Fixed Spectators being kicked for cheating
Fixed Soldat window showing on the center of desktop instead of screen (for multi-monitor systems)
Fixed Space button could not be assigned to keys
Fixed Soldier shivering on horizontal polygons
+ Soldat 1.2 fix changes
Added '/shutdown' command for server
Added bigger console for messages after pressing the
Fixed lobby server address and servers list downloading
Fixed 'bad packet' debug messages
Fixed random crashing ('decompression failed')

Some of the changes need a few comments:

Server makes an automatic kick vote if cheating is detected to prevent unfortunate bans -
The best anti-cheat protection will be when people decide to kick the cheater. Please vote for kick when there appears a cheater on the server.
If the game detects cheating it will not kick the player but make an automatic vote kick so people can decide if he is guilty or not.

New Advance Mode - Players are limited to secondary weapons on game start. A new weapon can be selected every couple of kills
(every 10% of the Kill Limit or 10% 5 x Capture). So for example if the limit is 30, you get a new random weapon every 3 kills,
and lose a weapon every 3 deaths.

Weapons aim is affected by bullet hits - Named by one of the beta testers the bink effect. this option has the biggest impact on the Barret.
The rest of the weapons are slightly or not at all affected by this. If somebody shoots you, your aim gets worse (you can see it
when your cursor gets bigger). It has been implemented so that other weapons have greater chance against the Barret.

Bullet time effect - It appears when all players are on the same screen (they are close and see each other) and one of them dies.

So have fun.

Kirby_106
October 29, 2004, 9:13 pm
lol I read that last night right after I posted this thread. Ninja stfu I bet you never read it eithor. God why do you hate me? and im NOT whining

N1nj@
October 30, 2004, 3:29 am
I never read it? I fuking beta tested the fuking game you moron. so you stfu

Hitman
October 30, 2004, 3:37 am
Hahaha, owned.

Blackdeath
October 30, 2004, 7:23 pm
lol I'm not picking a side but this is just highlarious

wunderbear
October 30, 2004, 7:51 pm
The boxes can move? Is it just pickups, or has the whole shebang turned "source"y?

><prepares to shoot crates around>

kevith
October 30, 2004, 8:34 pm
quote:Added Grenade and medikit boxes can be hit by bullets on LANSo I'm guessing it's just grenade boxes and health boxes. And only on LAN... :)

1,000th post. Hooray.

lieroguy
October 30, 2004, 8:51 pm
I've seen some lobby games that do it, and some that don't. I like it better when they do. It packs more realism in. Like Freindly Fire... that would highly discourage spray campers and the like.

Melba
October 31, 2004, 12:04 am
when did DT start spelling non retarded?

Edit:
"Added anti-idiot system (still testing)" haha what is that? i seriously loled