( search forums )
ICBM Rambo Dedicated
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Aegis
October 29, 2004, 1:03 am
New dedicated rambo server ( or rather old one that is reopening :D)
Name: ICBM 1.2.1 Rambo
Password: stalwart
Max Players is 8
Max Ping is 300
Vote Percentage is 80% (No Abuse)
No bonuses

Enjoy all you rambo fans :D
Comments or suggestions?

EDIT:
Some basic rules until I establish a website or something:
Whatever the admin/mods say is the final call.

1.Rambo must keep moving, this means no camping up high on bunker or on the hurting polys in bridge.
2.Non-rambo players are on a team against the rambo. Killing is freeplay when the rambo bow is out, that is he who snatches the bow gets it. This also indicates you should not kill non-rambos.
3.Have a fun time and try to be a good sport. Say GG when the round is over, and try not to complain so that the soldat experience is enjoyable for everyone.

EDITx2:
I just got a DNS address. To join:
IcbmRm.ofgods.com on port 2301
Remember to enter the password 'stalwart' (without quotes)
Now go play and make sure my server isn't empty
xD

DT
October 29, 2004, 2:05 am
you read Chakra's post didn't you...

Chakra
October 29, 2004, 2:23 am
..god bless you. Keep it up baby!

Famine
October 29, 2004, 2:40 am
quote:Say GG when the round is over, and try not to complain so that the soldat experience is enjoyable for everyone.

[dictator mode] If you dont TRY YOUR HARDEST to make the game fun, then you will be banned....and killed[/dictator mode]

Aegis
October 29, 2004, 3:08 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
..god bless you. Keep it up baby!

[;)] *Winks*

[ontopic]
I'll get around to making a website soon and Im currently setting up DNS services so I can have an easy subdomain.

The only Admin you will see in the server right now is FBD, which is my non-ctf alias. I will accept mods later but please dont request this right now. Any complaints should be sent to my e-mail but no junk mail please.
[/ontopic]

DT
October 29, 2004, 3:46 pm
many people won't play by your rules though Aegis...
you have been warned...

Deleted User
October 29, 2004, 4:06 pm
Hah. Why should i say 'gg' every time the round ends?

Deleted User
October 29, 2004, 5:12 pm
I ran a rambomatch dedicated server for a while, it was really popular. Hope you get the same usage Aegis.

Aegis
October 29, 2004, 10:36 pm
Saying GG is a suggestion. Your first amendment rights are protected.
Basically all I'm saying with the last rule is not to be a bad loser or even a bad winner.

There is also a good reason for having a passworded server. It generally keeps out most people who would walk in and have absolutely no idea of the generally accepted Rambo rules. I would hope most people who attend these forums have a bit of sensibility.

Oh and btw, thanks Stalky. I only brought back this server because I didn't like the Ownage:Rambo and some people expressed a want for more dedicated rambo servers. If no one decides to use what I've provided, I'll gladly take down the server to free up my server machine, which I could put to use elsewhere.