( search forums )
New Map: 9/11 WTC Soldat Map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
billybongbaby
October 30, 2004, 6:36 am
This is just my idea, but who else thinks it would be kick ass to have a 9/11 Soldat map? Like with the WTC going down and such, I think that'd be [:-censored]ing sweet, anyone else feel the same?
I guess i'll just toy with this idea for a bit and let you guys know later how it starts to turn out. (Ideas welcome and appreciated =P)

billybongbaby
October 30, 2004, 6:38 am
I could try and fiddle around with the map maker but my imagination is meek :( and I wont be able to get much done. Also my skills are only mediocre with the map maker. I think maybe we could have 1 of the towers standing and be running around in it and stuff, maybe a few hazards of the collapsing building. Also the spawn point could start at the center of the towers and you can jump from one to the other and if you fall you'll just die when you hit the ground, to make things a little more realistic. Of course things like windows and crap will be added. Anymore ideas?

_Mancer_
October 30, 2004, 7:20 am
If you make this map I will hunt you down, rip your balls off, shove them in your mouth and kill your mother.

Oh and no double posting n00b.

Jap_man
October 30, 2004, 9:47 am
seriously, i dont think this'd be a good idea and I doubt you'll ever get the map finished O.o.

AcE
October 30, 2004, 1:15 pm
the map sounds like a good idea ill dount ull get it done

Urhos
October 30, 2004, 1:22 pm
lol Mancer, you idiot ;Q

bucky_brad
October 30, 2004, 4:27 pm
I dunno, the 9/11 issue is a very sensative one... I suggest leaving it alone.

STEELIX
October 30, 2004, 5:52 pm
I actually started working on one once... stupid me, sorry [:(]

Pulp
October 30, 2004, 6:23 pm
Lol, hypocrites, there are plenty of maps of D-Day or Vietnam, so please go ahead mapmakers.
Make some nice 9/11 map !

karmazon
October 30, 2004, 6:58 pm
I want 9/11 map

Messiah
October 30, 2004, 7:19 pm
Wow, Some people got to learn to spell lol *Cough* Ace. Sounds like a good idea, to me oh and dont double post please >_> the edit is your friend.

October 30, 2004, 7:29 pm
I wonder if anyone else remembers the last flamefest billybongbaby started...

Skate4Razors
October 30, 2004, 8:16 pm
Don't do 9/11, too many people would just flame you. Lots of people would hate you... I'd hate you...

Urhos
October 30, 2004, 8:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by PulpLol, hypocrites, there are plenty of maps of D-Day or Vietnam, so please go ahead mapmakers.
Make some nice 9/11 map !

Indeed, the death toll of these things are a bit greater innit?

FliesLikeABrick
October 30, 2004, 9:48 pm
don't do it. It will displease far more people than it will please.

Elephant_Hunter
October 30, 2004, 10:22 pm
Mancer, you're an idiot.

There are lots of sensitive issues in the world. For instance killing and violent video games. I've known folks to take ideas from video games and do crazy stuff like try to make flamethrowers and bombs, but does that mean we stop supporting the makers of the games? HELL NO. Gaming is an art.

So is map making.

FliesLikeABrick
October 30, 2004, 11:08 pm
"Mancer, you're an idiot."

That is definately at least the 3rd time I have seen that written in a thread.

The Geologist
October 30, 2004, 11:20 pm
1) Stupid idea 2) he'll never do it 3) he's an idiot.

Aquarius
October 30, 2004, 11:26 pm
There are Iraq maps (100000 civilians dead), why not 9/11???

BManx2000
October 30, 2004, 11:57 pm
Because the people that died were Americans, and that makes it worse. I don't have a problem, but there are people who would gladly rip off your head for making such a map.

FliesLikeABrick
October 30, 2004, 11:59 pm
there are no, or very few iraqis on here to protest that, whereas a couple of my close friends lost relatives in 9/11.

I don't particularly care for Iraqi maps either, but nobody makes threads about them asking if they are a good idea or not, so i have no medium to protest on.

Urhos
October 31, 2004, 12:12 am
1st off, "mancer, you're an idiot" is written 3 times, coz it is true.

2nd, It's [:-censored]ing Bull[:-censored] that sum american retards (not all) think that 9/11 must not be made, coz americans died there.
That is whats wrong with americans, of course it doesnt matter if thousands of ppl die in Iraq coz the americans have a itchy trigger finger, "but hey it would make a great map!", but when ppl die on american soil, its the end of the world. It's [:-censored]ing hypocrisy that you start whining about sum1 wanting to make a 9/11 map, and your country kills tens of thousands of ppl every year. Arent the Iraqi humans? Dont they have families?

Im not saying 9/11 was a happy day, but there is no reason why he couldnt make this map. Just coz Mancer, the 15 year old kid from the states, say that he'll hunt you down (getting hit by 3 meteors at once has a higher propability), or other ppl saying its a bad idea, it doesnt mean that you dont have teh freedom to express yourself. make a 9/11 map, make a little osama and bush there.

The choice is yours, and yours alone

_Mancer_
October 31, 2004, 12:23 am
Yeah, I might have overheated a bit. Im really not that angry of it, but at the time when he wrote:

" think maybe we could have 1 of the towers standing and be running around in it and stuff, maybe a few hazards of the collapsing building. Also the spawn point could start at the center of the towers and you can jump from one to the other and if you fall you'll just die when you hit the ground, to make things a little more realistic."

Just pissed me off a bit.

(200th Post-eh)

And no, I am not an idiot.

Urhos
October 31, 2004, 12:25 am
well, you've fooled everyone in the forums >;U

FliesLikeABrick
October 31, 2004, 1:26 am
Urhos, I agree with you entirely. Essentially too many immature american teens are on the forum and there is nothing we can do about it except voice our own opinions and watch the immature teens flame eachother. I disagree with using recent history as a center for entertainment, no matter what the medium is. This map should not be made because it is disrespectful to the people hurt and killed by the events of that day, just as maps should not be made focusing on the iraqi attacks that our moron president has attempted to follow through with.

just a few more days...

_Mancer_
October 31, 2004, 3:22 am
This may be out of line but..

Were you calling me an immature teen? :|

billybongbaby
October 31, 2004, 3:55 am
Well well well, it seems some people are a little touchy on this. This was just an idea that I thought would be cool, not some obsession of mine, so please don't freak out. Also I see no problem with it, just because "some Americans" died. [:-censored] nationality, we're all humans and that's the point plus I too have seen many maps of other subjects and nobody complained before. (Nazi maps, Vietnam Maps, Etc.) Who cares if someone died, we all die anyways, it's life's heritage. I for 1 am excited at the thought of death. :P I bet none of these American Pride freaks would object to something like a map that was a Nazi death camp or something. Well I just wanted to say sorry if anyone is too patriotic and got all pissy, but it was just an idea, and I apologize.

FliesLikeABrick
October 31, 2004, 4:21 am
nobody said anything about patriotism, and it isnt because "some Americans" died. It is just that ethically some people consider it wrong to emphasize events in which many people died, be it this, the Iraq thing, or something else like the spanish train bombing.

no Mancer, immature was refering more to the people who come on, and their first post is complaining about something pointless, or suggesting something stupid (vehicles), or just overall immature and know nothing but flame. I'll leave you at "moron"

billybongbaby
October 31, 2004, 4:38 am
Anyone here like an idea of a Columbine map? XD

DesFS
October 31, 2004, 5:17 am
I see no reason why he can't do this. I believe America is well known for the RIGHTS ppl have to express what they want to say, and do what they want to do (as long as it's in the boundaries of the law, and he isn't violating any law as far as I know.) So just let billybongbaby do what he wants.

Personally, I'd like to see how that map would turn out.

EDIT: I realize how some ppl would react to this thread as, yeah, 9/11 is really touchy. Stating 'I'll see if I can get one of the towers to collapse' can (and did) set certain ppl off. Like extremely patriotic ppl, or extreme idiots.

The Geologist
October 31, 2004, 5:22 am
It's always funny how many people here jump on the America-bashing bandwagon once it starts...did anyone ever think of the differences between 9/11 and D-Day? To compare the two is simply ridiculous. As is the concept of our friend Billy asking about these ideas. Just make the maps if you want to make 'em and stop making retarded threads.

Soulsnipa
October 31, 2004, 5:22 am
Just a few more days to confirm a few for years!

billybongbaby
October 31, 2004, 6:44 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistIt's always funny how many people here jump on the America-bashing bandwagon once it starts...did anyone ever think of the differences between 9/11 and D-Day? To compare the two is simply ridiculous. As is the concept of our friend Billy asking about these ideas. Just make the maps if you want to make 'em and stop making retarded threads.
I really like what he says here, and I just realized what I did wrong here. I shouldn't have ever told you people about these maps, I should have predicted you people would go postal and start yelling at me and my ideas. I will keep all my map ideas to myself from now on.

Rambo_6
October 31, 2004, 3:41 pm
Schmeh, although the scenario for the 9/11 map sucks, the idea is actually quite good. Building to building ctf action. Falling means instant death, etc. Maybe i'll make a map like that that isn't based on 9/11, since the idea of a 9/11 map seems to cause incontinency amongst some patriots.

koil
October 31, 2004, 4:23 pm
since the idea of a 9/11 map seems to cause incontinency amongst some patriots.

you call them patriots. i prefer humans.
i cant describe my lack of understanding towards someone who thinks that a map will be cool, cause the idea of mega-suicide-attack, with thousands of thousands of deaths, which made the world a bit less safe, kicks ass.
thats hardly humanitery, for me.

--
@Pulp :
would you want me to make a map that will laugh at belgiums patheticness at ww2? when the nazi's invaded belgium in like, less then 1 month?
or do you want me to make a map, that will praise Marc Dutroux? i dont see why not.. since theres a D-day maps! (yea, i still dont see the connection between armed forces (that means people with guns) fights vs other armed forces, and mega suicide bombing, that killed thousands of ***INNOCENT***lifes.

--

btw, while we're on the topic:
you dont need to live like a poor, and being bashed by someone, to make an super-extremist-fanatic action. note: 15 out of the 17 plane jackers came from saudi-arabia, and they came from a [u]very[/i] wealthy families. and afaik, usa didnt envaded saudi-arabia.

bucky_brad
October 31, 2004, 5:22 pm
I totally agree koil.